• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC cancel Al Roker and Tamron Today hour for Megyn Kelly (Want to be next Fox News)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

I don't think they're trying to be the next Fox News as much as they're trying to poach housewives from Fox's viewership who might be willing to follow Greta and Megyn away.

Future

Makes sense. It's just business.

It's like a life lesson at work.you sacrifice principles and everything for money and power. And the nice guys finish last

ZeoVGM

Banned
http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-et-fi-kelly-today-nbc-20170127-story.html

so they will move Kathy Lee show to the 9 AM slot to give Megyn Kelly the 10 AM slot for her own branded show, and push out Al and Tamron's hour. Pure BS if you ask me.

Seriously? They push out that hour but keep the absolutely unwatchable Kathy Lee hour?

What?

But NBC has been on record saying they want to be more conservative, so I guess Megyn Kelly is the beginning of that.

Do you have a link to that? First I've heard of it.

Megyn Kelly isn't fit to host a show on the Home Shopping Network, let alone a show on NBC News.

The fact that she's replacing black people on top of it would be hilarious if it didn't enrage me.

ICO_SotC

I wonder how Lorne Michaels and the rest of SNL feel about this since they've been making a point of it to stick to Trump on a regular basis? I kinda got the impression that NBC was extremely liberal.

Well, there is the infamous story about the CEO of GE, and Bush friend, Jack Welch demanding NBC call the 2000 election for Bush early, which they did, and Tim Russert was one of the first influential mainstream media people to tell Al Gore to basically pack it up and go away for the good of the country.

And of course there is Chuck Todd...

Volimar

Megyn Kelly is a big conundrum. She time and again calls out guests for their idiocy, but then other times joins in on it. Her saying Santa and Jesus were white will always be a sore spot though.

Hmm.. this seems in conflict with demographic viewing habits.

I predict that this will be a failed venture.

Megyn Kelly is a big conundrum. She time and again calls out guests for their idiocy, but then other times joins in on it. Her saying Santa and Jesus were white will always be a sore spot though.

Same here.

Mortemis

Banned
This angers me more than it should.

NBC really wants that Fox News crowd huh. I guess they're more likely to watch TV than liberals. Still, fuck off.

Enzom21

Want those white racist views huh?

She only calls out guests on things the negatively affects her. She will time after time defend white supremacy.
Let's not forger "The girl was no saint either." when the black girl was assaulted by the cop.
She's just as much of a piece of shit as everyone else at fox.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I feel like people might be reading into this a bit too much. NBC are taking these people because of who they are to try and poach viewers who watch for the personalities. I mean, MSNBC is still as left-leaning as they've ever been. I don't like Greta just because I find her show boring but from what I've seen, it's certainly not some conservative outlet.

MSNBC is still as liberal as it gets in prime time and Morning Joe has been around forever so they've already had conservative leaning hosts.

I don't think Megyn's show is going to be Fox News-esque either.

(Also, Tamron is great and deserves a prime time slot on MSNBC -- the hour with Al Roker was pretty much nonsense anyway. I think it's time for Matthews to retire and I'd love to see Tamron take over.)

ICO_SotC

Want those white racist views huh?

She only calls out guests on things the negatively affects her.

Yup. I still remember when she first broke from conservative orthodoxy by criticizing the US for not adopting more liberal maternity leave laws like France, aka, Fox News favorite punching bag post 9/11.

People were fawning over her for showing some "independence", ignoring the fact that she was doing it because she was pregnant, not becuase it was the right thing to do.

ColdPizza

Banned
Be more conservative? Do they realize that Chuck Todd is the moderator of Meet the Press? No one has more disdain for Trump and his administration than him.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Go suck a peacock NBC.

I heard MSNBC is turning into a weird conservative channel too.

Not that they were ever really progressive but Morning Joe from some of the clips I've recently watched seem to have softened considerably on Trump after being granted an interview. Its fucking disgusting watching the host of the show go hard when attacking people speak out against Trump by mixing in Trumps own propaganda into the show. Spicer was on recently and got no real challenging questions or follow-up by the in-studio panel.

How many hours of the Today Show do they need?

Just axe the drunken hour and keep Tamron and co. in their spot. Besides, which hour is John Cena hour?

So, a racist with inferior skills is replacing Al and Tamron? Shameful.

Pretty much.

Just have her do a special in February about All Lives Matter while you're at it, NBC. Just twist in that knife as much as you possibly can.

Make sure the first person she interviews is David Clarke. Let's just take it as far as we possibly can.

SwolBro

Banned
i bet a majority of people in here complaining don't even watch the today show. i sure as hell havent' seen a single hour of the today show, ever.

ColdPizza

Banned
i bet a majority of people in here complaining don't even watch the today show. i sure as hell havent' seen a single hour of the today show, ever.

I watch it regularly. I still remember Ann Curry's tearful goodbye and how she rejected Matt Lauer trying to comfort her because he fucked her over so hard.

Volimar

Can I just say how happy I am that Chris Hayes has done well with his show. Always enjoyed when he subbed for Rachel Maddow.

ICO_SotC

I don't like Greta just because I find her show boring but from what I've seen, it's certainly not some conservative outlet.

She used her show to attack Gretchen Carlson when she came forward to expose Roger Ailes and Fox News. She actually said her experience as a lawyer gave her special insight that told her that Carlson was lying.

Of course, then everyone found out that Carlson had recorded proof, and Van Sustren never brought it up again, or was ever questioned about it.

Now, like Kelly, she's being rewarded for her service to the status quo.

God damn. Now the networks are finally aiming for the fox news demo

The state of journalism is gonna be even worse than ever soon

norinrad

lol

On Fox, she wasn't going to be cuddled anymore by them Fox news crowd, mostly men who hate women and with their leader who grabs women by the pussy in charge. She runs into the arms of libruls who still respect and adore women and she's also getting paid.

Why are you guys upset about this? She knew exactly what she was doing.

Go suck a peacock NBC.

I heard MSNBC is turning into a weird conservative channel too.

MSNBC was a more conservative channel before the 2008 election. They even had Tucker Carlson and Michael Savage on.

They switched to being more overtly liberal because, at the time, it brought them better ratings.

Previous

check out my new Swatch
Young people don't watch shows on TV anymore, and as the average TV viewer becomes older and older more networks are going to go after to the older conservative audience.

Poor Al. He's my favorite personality still left at NBC. :(

I mean, none of the mainstream cable channels are really liberal. Moderate at most, with heavy doses of 'both sides are the same.' MSNBC is weird in general. It really seems to fluctuate between more right and left leaning.

American news networks have little to no credibility. Just think about the fact that ludicrous cartoon characters like Jeffrey Lord get regular guest spots on CNN, while Noam Chomsky basically gets blacked balled by the major networks. That tells you these networks arent interested in relaying news, their desire is to shape the conversation for the masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom