• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need podcasts for your podcast games? Here's a place to discuss/share gaming podcasts

MattyG

Banned
http://www.superdeformedgamescast.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq4Jjrklq2FoRbT8DwOqtuQ

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1201650

Super Deformed Gamescast

A bunch of gaf members with interesting opinions who are play many different games on a bunch of different platforms. Unbiased. Give each other a hard time. Awesome guests. Gaf's own Shinobi062 comes on sometimes as well as ZhugeEx.

I second this! I love these guys!
<3

+Aliken+

I listen to:
Player One Podcast
Giant Bombcast
8-4
Idel Thumbs
Nintendo Voice Chat

All great for different reasons.

These are my two shows. Both video game comedy podcasts, we don't take ourselves too seriously. We also play a game on each episode of Unranked that you can play along with.

karobit

specifically for podcast game gaming podcasts, i played days of terraria to a soundtrack of Warning: A Huge Podcast. There aren't many episodes and they haven't done a new one in years, but you can't ask for a better show about japanese games (and some pop culture)

We publish a bi-weekly podcast called Nintendo Times Radio. Despite its name, we talk about games on all platforms. We have a permanent three man crew, but we do have episodes where we have guests come on and take part in the discussion. I hope you give it a try!

Podcast Main Page

iTunes

Google Play

nxradio-small.jpg

Man, OP has echoed my thoughts since the day we started our podcasts.

Our first one is called The Outerhaven Podcast. We've been doing this show for 3-4 years now, slowly gaining ground. We talk about everything related to geek culture and video games. We used to have a rotating crew but we've settled into a constant 3-man team, while switching out people every so often. We've had guests such as Yacht Club Games, fresh after the release of Shovel Knight, DJ Cutman, and others.

Direct Download | iTunes

Our Sony-only podcast, SonyCentric, isn't as old but is just as good. Recorded weekly by our PlayStation loving teammates.

SonyCentric Direct Download

Both are done by fans of gaming, full of energy, though a little bit to much at times.

TJP

As a fan of Talk Radar UK & DL Central, Matt Cundy and Nathan Irvine are back together making podcasts that can be found at: http://cundyandnathan.podbean.com/

The podcast is centred around gaming but veers off into a variety of topics, from what's going on in Nathan's street in Dubai (usually cars driving down the street backwards) to Matt talking about random topics and being back at Future Publishing on an adhoc basis. It is a very British podcast and hopefully the lads manage to get a few more of the old TRUK folk onto their show.

max_505

Any other podcasts similar to "Cane and Rinse" (no game news or other stuff, just talk about one game for the whole episode)?

thefreecheese-podcast-rebirth-300x300.png

I've been recording this show for four years now. It's a general video game show based on what we're into for that particular week. In June, we redesigned the website to have a more magazine style, so often our podcast theme will tie into the cover story for the month.

http://thefreecheese.com

iTunes

Google Play

A recommendation for a show that isn't mine is No More Whoppers. It's tangentially related to games, as they often come up on the show, but it's more about listening in on two friends having a conversation. It features Ray Barnholt of 1UP and Scroll, and Alex Fraioli of Critical Hit! Bar in Japan.

HotHamBoy

Is Insert Credit over? I liked Insert Credit, funny dudes with funny tastes.

Most gaming podcasts are awful. They either talk headlines without adding much insight, bitch about how it sucks to have to review a bunch of games, or spend half the podcast rambling about their personal lives and/or anything but video games.

The worst thing, though, is that most of them do not have good radio voices. I especially cannot stand the low-energy people with their vocal fry and their attitude like they'd rather be doing anything else but recording their podcast.

Most of the videogame podcasts I hear lack any structure to keep the show engaging.

I was listening to the Game Dev podcast but those guys will put you to sleep.

Is Insert Credit over? I liked Insert Credit, funny dudes with funny tastes.

Most gaming podcasts are awful. They either talk headlines without adding much insight, bitch about how it sucks to have to review a bunch of games, or spend half the podcast rambling about their personal lives and/or anything but video games.

The worst thing, though, is that most of them do not have good radio voices. I especially cannot stand the low-energy people with their vocal fry and their attitude like they'd rather be doing anything else but recording their podcast.
Check out the top two sections here. I hate podcasts like that, so my recommendations aren't like that. The site podcasts are another story

Found this really cool gaming one

Headshots
The podcast takes a psychology angle at discussing gaming topics. You'll get more informed discussion than you would from the typical friends/devs/journalist, since the hosts have biomedical engineering experience, degrees in electronics and mental health counseling, a doctorate in clinical psychology, and a lot of gaming and design experience (one did a talk at PAX) between them

thenexus6

I started listening to the game bytes show a few months ago. They put out two episodes a week about 40-50 minutes in length.

One is the news topics and the other is what they've been playing

http://gamebytesshow.com/

I discovered it because i've been listening to Call of Podcast for years now and I just realised Count Elmdor (Dale) is a regular on game bytes too.

anthraxus

Banned
Listened to a bunch of gaming podcasts recently (not really into modern AAA) and the ones I've enjoyed the most are..

DOS Nostalgia
Super Podcast Bros.
The Upper Memory Block
The Intellivisionaries
Three Moves Ahead

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
http://yearofsteam.podbean.com/

Year of Steam - Three people play through random games from their Steam backlog and review them. I really like the podcast because it often highlights niche, obscure games that would otherwise go unnoticed. Another plus is that most of the games they play come from Indie bundles - so many times, they recommend an awesome game and I discover that I already own it.

Excellent thread, we could use an OT version with non-gaming podcasts.

I'll add Glixel's podcast (feat. John Davison) and Shall We Play A Game to the growing list ITT.

Glixel is still finding its feet since the site hasn't launch and the audio equipment is pretty poor, but I have the utmost faith in John to deliver an excellent show. Shall We Play A Game is, per twitter, "a podcast about video games, from alums of the New York Times & NPR. Hosted by @suellentrop & @jjsutherland." The podcast does have a very NPR-ish feel (and they provided NPR a review of Uncharted 4).

Glassboy

Player one podcast has always been my favorite. They just hit their 520th episode recently so they have been around for awhile. Most of the cast has worked with each other during the old egm days so they have great chemistry. Also, I have really started to dig game informer's podcast. Ben Hansen is great as a host and all the editors and guests that come on are entertaining. Mr. Hansen continues to put out consistently awesome interviews with guests that you would necessarily expect. Also, giant bomb, 8-4, giant beastcast, gamers with jobs, DLC, easy allies, retronaughts, and back in my play are all great and I listen to them on a week to week basis

I think I've pretty much got all the video game podcasts I can handle (maybe a few more, I'm falling behind). Listening to Bombcast, Beastcast, PS I Love You, Player One, 8-4 Play, CAGCast, Rebel FM, DLC and Podcast Beyond mostly.

I'm wondering if anyone could recommend any good Board Game/Table Top Game podcasts. I'm not so into D&D or Role Playing type stuff as much as games like Dominion, Splendor, Twilight Struggle, Terra Mystica and what have you?

PS Nation....this is their 10th year and I believe next week is their 500th episode. The amount of work Glenn and Josh do despite having jobs is amazing. They have a great group of writers providing in-depth reviews for their website. Their coverage of E3 is second to none. If you are looking for all things Playstation, they are the ones to listen to.

Menitta

I'm currently listening to Super Best Friendcast. Been listening since the
relative
beginning. I recently started listening to the Bombcast as well. Basically the same format, but different people.

As for podcast games, mostly the Division. Walking around while listening to a podcast is oddly enjoyable.

Wow, this thread is actually a pretty sick resource. Thanks, OP.

I suppose I should take this opportunity to, very shamelessly, plug my gaming show. We have a network (Hey, Listen! Radio) with a few different shows (one about Anime; I host one about the '90s).

Our gaming podcast was going up on Tuesdays, but our host has been going through some personal stuff and can't do the show for now. So in it's place I've been releasing some episodes of a show we used to do back in 2007 called Not Another Gaming Podcast, though we've rebranded it as "NAGP Classic." The show on hiatus is called NAGP Resurrection.

We have a pretty standard formula that we use today, as well as back in '07: Watchu been playin', then the news, then a topic, and then our "final thoughts."

Our newer gaming show (on hiatus)

Our interim (I guess retro?) show (from 2007)

I did all the logos meself!

But, yeah. It'd be cool if anyone got a kick out of the old shows. Apart from hearing my 21 year old jackass self talk immense amounts of shit, it's fascinating to hear what my friends and I were thinking during the height of Nintendo's powers, and Sony's rock bottomest. We recorded all of this back when the Wii was printing money, and the PS3 was, for the most part, sitting on shelves with a big, ugly, $600 price tag.

Our website is down right now (we're hella broke), but we're on iTunes, Android, and Google Play.

We're on Twitter: @heylistenradio (all show updates), @nagpreturns (Joe, our gaming show host's twitter, though current updates are posted by me), @HyperNineties (My '90s show), and @oldtakuconnect (My boy Jumper Cables' Anime show. He rarely tweets, and even less so comprehensibly).

We're also on Facebook.

We're pretty steady with updates at this point, and we've been putting out stuff for almost a year. We've really been slacking on the promotion side, it's a wonder we actually get any numbers at all, let alone the small ones we do see. I always forget to play this up, but, uh, we're all POCs? So that's a unique selling point for us?

Any sort of feed back, (even if ya'll hate it!) would be rad, and very appreciated!

I was disappointed to not see Orange Lounge Radio in the OP.

They have a live show every Sunday with a chat room they interact with on air. You can also call into the show. They discuss gaming news without focusing exclusively on one thing, basically if it's in the news they will probably cover it or you can call in and start the discussion.

Hari Seldon

I tried Easy Allies, but man it is TOO MUCH RADIO VOICE. I had to cancel it lol. Plus those dudes have the exact same gaming taste as the giant bomb crew and it was largely redundant.

I tried Easy Allies, but man it is TOO MUCH RADIO VOICE. I had to cancel it lol. Plus those dudes have the exact same gaming taste as the giant bomb crew and it was largely redundant.

If it's the Easy Allies Podcast you've been listening to, try Frame Trap, their other podcast hosted by Ben Moore. Totally different from the Easy Allies Podcast and might be more your style.

These guys deserve as much exposure as they can get. I'm glad I could get that first reply in to help them out in a small way
They also do Watch Out For Fireballs if you like their style and want to hear them discuss other games. Gary is also the co-host on Check It Out Comrade if you want discussion on indie games

They also do Watch Out For Fireballs if you like their style and want to hear them discuss other games. Gary is also the co-host on Check It Out Comrade if you want discuss on indie games

I listen to Watch Out For Fireballs when they talk about games I've already played, but wasn't aware of Check It Out Comrade. Thanks for the tip!

Top Bottom