• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Anime of the Year 2015 - Voting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
lGzv5af.gif

1. Wake Up Girl Zoo! ; The apex of anime comedy achievement, nay, comedy in general. What sets it apart is the many it doesn’t spell out the jokes to the audience, with many subtle gags you may only catch on repeat viewings. Most other shows are honestly extremely bad at this, just consider how many anime shows you’ve seen that have used an arrow to point out the punch-line of the scene. And as with any comedic masterpiece, it has its darker moments as well.

JldREy0.gif

2. Magical Somera-chan/Fushigi na Somera-chan ; A show that doesn’t get bogged down in the details and just does what it wants to entertain the viewer.

hGW4oMK.gif

3. Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma ; I’m a glutton for shows like Masterchef and Great British Bake-off so it’s not really surprising that an anime equivalent would appeal to me. Some may be put off by the raunchy reaction scenes but honestly that gets dropped extremely early on.

QvRbQsI.gif

4. Etotama ; Best fight scenes of the year. Top of the class when it comes to cartoon combat. Haven’t seen such well animated scenes in yonks.

LEp081H.gif

5. Hacka Doll the Animation ; Liked for similar reasons as Somera-Chan, it just wasn’t quite as good.

Tj749d1.gif

6. Wakakozake ; A celebration of a good meal.

eNJIoK0.gif

7. Show by Rock!! ; Thank you for the music.

ycKskjW.gif

8. Shomin Sample: I Was Abducted by an Elite All-Girls School as a Sample Commoner/Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken ; Gets

d8YpcUD.gif

9. Himouto! Umaru-chan ; Enjoyable, but in terms of comedy, there were better shows this year.

Vj2roek.gif

10. Aria the Scarlet Ammo Double A/Hidan no Aria AA ; So silly I enjoyed it.

1. The Tale of the Princess Kaguya/Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
2. Miss Hokusai/Sarusuberi
3. Love Live! School Idol Project Movie
4. Diary of Ochibi
5. Bureau of Proto Society

For those wondering where shows like YuruYuri S3 are; I give my votes to new shows rather than continuations.

Dresden

1. My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Too!

This is mostly a bad show, but I was fond of two things and I still remember it after like, a few weeks. First is the raptor walk cut in the opening, which never failed to amuse me; second was the scene after the election in the middle of the show, when Hachiman has a vision of what-could-have-been. His machinations have resulted in maintaining the status quo, yet this change that he helped avert (through a rather implausible chain of events) could have resulted in something far better--and I think it led to that 'real thing' speech, which would have been cool if it was about him expressing and expelling this ressentiment that had built up through his high school years rather than just him dawdling about which of the harem girls to fuck.

I guess it all sounds really negative when I type it up like that, but I still enjoyed it.

Shantom

1. Shirobako; Consistently excellent, and I felt it had a better 2nd half. The penultimate episode was the best episode of anything this year.
2. One Punch Man
3. Haikyuu S2
4. Durarara
5. Food Wars
6. Ushio and Tora

Films:

1. The Tale of the Princess Kaguya; Only came out in UK cinemas this year, so I might as well vote for it. Some incredible animation in this.

Himemiya

Series

1. Shirobako
2. Shounen Hollywood
3. Sound! Euphonium
4. Hacka Doll
5. Wake Up Girl Zoo!
6. Magical Somera-chan
7. Yuri Kuma Arashi
8. Death Parade
9. Show By Rock!!
10. Wooser

Films, OVAs, etc.

1. When Marnie Was There
2. Obake no Dokuro
3. Sashinkan
4. Kanon
5. Ochibi-san

x. Love Live, the theatrical experience. They're fucking nerds.

1. Hibike! Euphonium; It was very pretty and fun.
2. Shirobako; It was good fun, gonna fucking stab my ears with a pencil if I ever hear the words 'Zuka-senpai-chan' again.
3. Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works; Fate and Ufotable rule
4. Garo; dukroll told me to vote for it

E: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Line_HTX

1. Hibike! Euphonium; It was very pretty and fun.
2. Shirobako; It was good fun, gonna fucking stab my ears with a pencil if I ever hear the words 'Zuka-senpai-chan' again.
3. Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works; Fate and Ufotable rule
4. Garo; dukroll told me to vote for it

E: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Damn, one minute off from boosting Euphonium...

Ninjimbo

1. Death Parade
2. Shirobako
3. One Punch Man
4. Parasyte
5. Sound Euphonium
6. Durarara x2

Just wanted to get those in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom