• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Goodbye 2012!)!

Quake1028

W8bYk.jpg

Christmas gifts for my wife and work Christmas bonus, just in time to buy some more gifts. Excellent.

Picked these up today at my local used game store (Gamedude) after trading in a metric shit ton of SEGA stuff. Saw the prices Xenoblade is commanding and needed to jump on it and they had it for $39 and I just wanted to play some awesome Advance Wars

photo1.jpg

Seik

Banned
My last big pick-up of the year and probably for a while. I just bought a condo and I'm moving in at April 1st so...time to put some money on the side. ^^'

EDIT: Oh, and I finally bought a descent camera, I'm done with the crappy Ipod touch pics. :)

Iacobellis

I am hoping for Nintendo to announce a white 3DS Lite and that it includes another analog stick.

I don't see why make a Lite revision when the original 3DS was already small enough. It could look nicer, yes, but the XL is still a vast improvement for only $30 more.

IMG_1085_zpsece3fb93.jpg

Arcade boards!

Clockwise from top left, Double Dragon, Mortal Kombat 2, Street Fighter II - The World Warrior and Cadash.

$15 each! MK2 is fiiiiilthy but Cadash and Double Dragon are immaculate. SF2's kick harness needs a little repair since the person that removed it from the cab cut it free instead of disconnecting it.Now I need to get a Supergun or an arcade cab to test these.

LadyRiven

I listen/follow him casually cause I used to be a HUGE Savage Garden fan back in the day.

Affirmation was the first CD I bought. I didn't even had a CD player.

Ah, awesome! Honestly I wasn't expecting anyone to know who he is around here. XD I was also a huge Savage Garden fan back in my high school days. :)

Saroyan

Just got this a couple hours ago. I wasn't planning on buying an XL right now, but my Best Buy had one MK7 bundle left and the temptation was too strong :)
I was a little annoyed that the box had a dinged corner and dents from the security spider, but oh well.
Now I have to buy a charging cradle for it, after getting used to the 3DS cradle plugging it in just isn't cool.

Coconut

Banned

Just got this a couple hours ago. I wasn't planning on buying an XL right now, but my Best Buy had one MK7 bundle left and the temptation was too strong :)
I was a little annoyed that the box had a dinged corner and dents from the security spider, but oh well.
Now I have to buy a charging cradle for it, after getting used to the 3DS cradle plugging it in just isn't cool.

The matte color, the use of black and the rounded shape of the 3DSXL reminds me of the virtual boy, which I love the design of.

7threst

- WiiU Deluxe with Nintendoland
- ZombiU
- NSMB U
- Final Fantasy IV PSP
- Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes DS
- Hotel Dusk DS
- Metroid 2 GB
- Super R-Types SNES
- Mario Paint with Mouse + Mousepad
- Persona 4: Golden Vita

and also two eShop cards worth €15,- each.
Now I still need a Vita to play Persona 4...

Pietepiet

IMG_1292.JPG

- Wii U Deluxe Pack
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed (Wii U version)
- Figma Link
- Black Mother Super Rainbow - Cobra Juicy

IMG_1291.JPG

So pretty <3

PDSC0018.JPG

Everything on my desk carries a sword apparently.

HardRojo

Wait, is that a GTA IV Complete Edition Greatest Hits from Amazon? mine is still on its way from the Black Friday sale (I live in Peru) but since Amazon didn't advertise as the GH version I assumed it was the black label release... now I'm worried because I really despise the red boxes and I thought there wasn't a GH version of GTA4 Complete Edition yet...

1, 2, 3, IV, 5

...I want to say this doesn't bother me.

Why!!!

This aside, that's a nice pile of entertainment :D

thx

Did you just buy that chair? Pretty rad, huh? I have the same one and I absolutely love it.

yeah awesome chair so comfortable, it was like 80$ at staples

Wait, is that a GTA IV Complete Edition Greatest Hits from Amazon? mine is still on its way from the Black Friday sale (I live in Peru) but since Amazon didn't advertise as the GH version I assumed it was the black label release... now I'm worried because I really despise the red boxes and I thought there wasn't a GH version of GTA4 Complete Edition yet...

sorry most likely you will get red one? i know it went red a while ago

Deku Tree

Sold my 360 and about 20 games in Oct 2012 for double GS credit. (It had been collecting dust for a while... work... kid... wife.)

Bought a Wii U and a bunch of games (Wii U console not in picture.)

U4uNl.jpg

Got the last new copy of Xenoblade at my local GS last week.

Gameboy415

I finally got around to photographing all my Black Friday stuff:

1212-Games1.jpg

-All were $10-20 each from Amazon

1212-Blu1.jpg

-All from Amazon again, except for the Doctor Who seasons which were $20 each @ Best Buy

1212-Blu2.jpg

-Everything except the Indiana Jones & The Dark Knight sets are from FoxConnect's Black Friday blow-out sale

1212-Vita.jpg

-Got a 1TB HDD for my PS3, a screen protector for my Wii U GamePad, 2 pairs of Playstation 3D glasses (which are surprisingly nicer than my standard Sony ones!), and got in on the awesome Vita deal on Amazon

The following is stuff I've picked up in recent weeks:

1212-ClubNintendo.jpg

-Club Nintendo goodies

1212-Blu3.jpg

-Lots of great stuff I picked up quite cheaply

1212-Games2.jpg

-I'd been holding off on the 3DSXL in hopes of getting a Sliver/black one someday, but I couldn't pass up on the MK7 bundle for $160!

Fongul

That's what I heard, so you would suggest me to buy a NTSC Saturn and a Action replay? Will do then.

You'll need to pick up a Japanese Saturn if you want to play King of Fighters '95 as it has a specific ROM cart instead of the 4 GB of RAM in the Pro Action Replay. I remember having to get my US Saturn modded from NCSX so I could play Japanese games because I wanted to use that RAM cart to play KOF '95.....memories!

Pringler

Foto.JPG

Lion King 1-3 Blu Ray Wooden Box. Who doesn'T love the Lion King :)

Loving the first season of the West Wing already

And I love my new Nexus 7. Fits perfectly :)

Cheddahz

Banned
We decided to have Christmas early this year, so here are my entertainment things I got this year from my mom and my girlfriend

167439_4659354535881_943664809_n.jpg

Oh yeah, I always got tickets to the Raiders-Panthers game on the 23rd, first NFL game ever

zmet

Futurama: Volume 7 and Ultra Seven: The Complete Series
jp83.jpg

Nintendo Power, Godzilla vs Biollante, and loose Ninja Ryukenden III (Ninja Gaiden III)
jp84.jpg

Yes Boss!

Damn,

My local store still has last month's Nintendo Power on the shelf (the yellow cover). Hoping they will get the final issue in.

Toxa

We decided to have Christmas early this year, so here are my entertainment things I got this year from my mom and my girlfriend

167439_4659354535881_943664809_n.jpg

Oh yeah, I always got tickets to the Raiders-Panthers game on the 23rd, first NFL game ever

all you need is alien and aliens forget the others sequel

Greyvvolf

E6C5910B-C894-45D9-AEEA-9A96019AF8C1-3376-00000215DE16C643.jpg

• Half-Life 2 Headcrab Hat from the Valve Store
  • Club Nintendo Gold Nunchuck
  • 2012 Club Nintendo Platinum Reward Posters - They were wrapped in a triangle tube box thing.
  • Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition
  • Finding Nemo 3D Steelbook
  • Mr. Bean Collection - I bought this for $14 at Costco.
  • Grove iPhone 5 Bamboo Case - I really love this case.

Rikkun

Sorry guys I have no picture for my "pickup" I hope ye don't mind but, last night I received word that I got my dream job as an Engineer in Intel! BOOM!

So happy right now, 7 years of university finally paid off!

The one in Milan? (I'm guessing from your pic..)
My brother went there with the school last week and was amazed by the things they showed... prices, concepts, tools...
Congrats!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Swapped the Mari frames out for the Eva Unit 01 version as they fit the style I prefer better:

A-M9VHYCUAAHAc4.jpg

A couple early Christmas gifts:

A-MiAr2CcAEUQNt.jpg

Woke up to this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-LFkx8CUAEbLJ4.jpg:large

I'll take better pictures with my 60D later tonight. Or maybe I should do a nice video. What do you say, Gaf?
Okay, I'm not a fan of these things and regret wasting my money. They're the flimsiest things.

A-NAf0BCYAElf5d.jpg:large

I thought maybe I was just doing it wrong but then these adapters fall off while you're trying to assemble the stick back together or while you're playing.

These things are a great idea but very poorly executed.

Top Bottom