• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Games of 2017

1. Nioh
Both alpha and beta demo have convinced me that this game is the evolution of the combat for the Souls sub-genre that is needed. Every news and change that the developer have announced and reveal have been greater steps in the right direction. The best example of a hybrid between the tactical pacing of Souls and the depth of mechanics of character action games. The 'Bloodborne' of 2017.

2. Persona 5
The sequel to the highly exclaim JRPG series tasked with 'saving' the entire genre. Regardless of the lofty expectations, this game has the visual flair and unique stylish art and sound design not to mention an improvement in every way from it's predecessor. And unlike so many other long running series with releases out, and despite multiple delays, this game does not have a single negative news of it's development. Japan's GOTY 2016.

3. For Honor
More than a game of rock-paper-scissors, this is the first western developed game that I've been impressed by the melee combat mechanics. The uniqueness of each classes brings complexity and personality to the whole thing party. Ubisoft's most unique and original game since Creed. The passion is obvious in this. Best Multiplayer Nominee 2017.

4. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
They made it work, I don't know what witchcraft they had to employ but they made the original work. And this looks like an advancement of the foundation.

5. Tales of Berseria
I have never missed a modern Tales game and I don't intend to start now. Bonus point for not having any controversy this time.

6. Toukiden 2
Played nearly 60 hrs of the original. Of all the hunting games NOT named Monster Hunter, this is the one I like the most.

7. Tokyo Xanadu
Looking forward to this game for years. Too bad it's not the improved plus version but still!

8. Digimon World: Next Order
Big and bigger, biggest fan of digimon.

9. Ace Combat 7
If there's ever a game meant for the VR, it's this.

dreamfall

1. Red Dead Redemption 2: Red Dead Redemption was my favorite game of the last console generation. I've always loved Rockstar titles and the way the studio builds open world, TPS games. Give me the gun play of Max Payne 3 and mix it with Morricone. I can't wait to see what how the RAGE engine has evolved for current gen systems. Make sure it comes out on PC!

2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: What a time, to be a Zelda fan. If Nintendo can mix a beautiful and interesting open world with really tight, complex dungeons to explore I will be amazed. The game's art style is breath taking, and the combat looks very fluid and fun. In my mind, they stole the E3 stage by just showing the depth of this single title. I love the legacy and beauty of this franchise.

3. Yakuza 0: I love Nagoshi and his team with all my heart. I remember pre-ordering the first game and playing that demo disc for days. This franchise is one that I hold very dearly, and I really believe that exploring Kamurocho in the '80's will be a fun and glitzy adventure. What sounds cooler than beating the hell out of some random street punks with the neon flowing and Majima breakdancing?! In my veins. I'm so grateful that Sony is bringing the franchise West for this new gen, and I can't wait to enjoy the Yakuza engine on this gen.

4. NieR: Automata: There's something magical at Platinum games that is ineffable. The combat in this game is a sight to behold, and hopefully the writing carries this action RPG strongly. I have the utmost belief in this game after playing the demo several times- I hope that the team can combine a compelling story with a beautiful action combat system. Yoko Taro is a creative, wild auteur- really excited to see what he brings with this game.

5. Kingdom Come: Deliverance: Daniel Vávra's new project has me really hyped for the new year. I consider the first Mafia game as one of the greatest games of all time, so I hold his projects in high regard. I want to see if they can pull off a sprawling RPG without fantasy- one based in realism. It's an ambitious project for sure, and after getting past some of the technical woes of the beta, there's a ton of promise. I hope they make good on their effort to create something really unique.

6. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA: As someone who absolutely adores the Ys series, I was very tempted to import the game but I wasn't ready to struggle with translation. The Ys series has such satisfying combat, and some truly amazing boss encounters. I'm ready to see what Falcom does with the PS4 version, and I can't wait to experience this game. Adol and Dogi live to adventure another day! Can't wait to blissfully kill everything in sight!

8. Tales of Berseria: The Tales series always is great for me. I really like the darker direction the team is taking, and the frenetic combat from the demo really got me thinking that this may be the best one yet. An action JRPG is always a fun and complicated direction to take, so it'll be nice to really dig in with this game. I still visit Vesperia a lot, and hopefully, this game can really be a great new iteration in the franchise.

9. Persona 5: As someone who really just got into the series as many friends pushed me to play Golden, I'm excited to just chill out with this game. The music in the series is so wonderful, the art direction always makes me feel light and I love the good vibe the series always gives me. It sounds like it's been an amazing ride for Japanese fans, so I can't wait to give the game a whirl when it arrives. So many social links to max out!

10. Horizon Zero Dawn: Guerrilla games have always been so visually stunning and it's awesome to see them try their hand at an action RPG. The gameplay videos have looked really unique and hopefully they deliver a great exclusive title. Aloy is such a neat lead and I'm excited to enjoy something different- the bow and arrow combat focus also should lead to some great fights.

Honorable Mentions:
x. Gravity Rush 2: This game should probably be way higher on my list, but I'm still working through the first game and really enjoy the sense of freedom in traversal. I hope the combat options are a bit more grounded, but to this day, I haven't played a game that feels like GR. There's an exhilarating feel to flying at the touch of a button, and the city designs are so vibrant and glittery.

x. Resident Evil 7: I am really anticipating RE to bring back horror for the newest installment. I've never been a big FPS enthusiast, but I think it'll be deliciously creepy to experience a game in the franchise from a new perspective. The demo solutions thread was a thrill ride, and I'm ready to play it in full and just explore where the series goes next.

x. Nioh: Despite some of the recent weaker outings, Team Ninja is a force to be reckoned. Both of the gameplay demos left me a bit stunned in how beautiful the game felt, and how brutal it really is. I can't wait to explore the different weapon and armor sets, and for some of the toughest boss fights I can imagine I'll ever try to conquer. Souls, ninja style sounds like a perfect match.

x. Mass Effect: Andromeda: I think the Mass Effect series will always hold a special place in my heart. I am eager to see what Bioware brings to the table this go-around, and to see how they've crafted a new storyline for the series. After playing The Witcher 3, I think the bar has been set really high on how Western RPGs should handle both narrative and quest design. Ready to be wowed!

Lime

1. Battletech
2. Torment: Tides of Numenera
3. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
4. Dujanah
5. Uncharted: Lost Legacy
6. Nier Automata
7. Persona 5
8. Mass Effect Andromeda
9. Horizon Zero Dawn
10. Red Dead Redemption 2

1. Persona 5: This is probably the safest bet of 2017 in terms of quality, given that it has gotten huge praise from Japanese speakers. Every Persona game has been a great improvement on the previous one for me, and I expect the trend to continue.
2. Nier Automata: I want Platinum to redeem themselves badly. This could be it.
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: If this works as well as it could, then it could be stunning.
4. Gravity Rush 2: FLYING CATS
5. Sonic Mania: looks gud
6. Ni-Oh: I want an evolution of the Souls formula badly
7. Torment: Tides Of Numenera: If this lives up to its potential, it is easily GOTY.
8. Red Dead Redemption 2: A new rockstar game is always good, and this game has less potential for transphobia than a GTA game.
9. South Park: The Fractured But Whole: I don't know why I am looking forward to this.
10. Resident Evil 7: I don't think this will be good. I still really want to play it.

ranmafan

1. Dragon Quest XI : Its been a long wait since the last single player mainline entry in the series, but its almost here and I can’t wait to play every version of this game. Both the PS4 and 3DS versions look amazing, and I can’t wait to see what the switch version is like. Nothing this year comes close to how much I want to play this game. I just hope it makes it out during the 30 year anniversary time frame and not out of it.

2. Red Dead Redemption 2 : The original “Red Dead Redemption” did something I never expected, it made me enjoy the world of the western. I never have been a fan of cowboys and the west in media, but Red Dead was an exciting game that really made me appreciate and enjoy that world. I  can't wait to return to that setting and can't wait to see what Rockstar has cooked up for us.

3. Resident Evil 7 : Everything about this game has me excited. The demo, the first person perspective, VR, the more horror feel to the game. The fact it's coming out so soon in the year is also a great thing.

4. Horizon Zero Dawn : What little I've seen about this title I've liked, and the hype I've heard from the gaming press especially has me very interested. I'm hoping it turns out to be an exciting title and not a disappointment. But I love a good new ip and so far it looks like one worth playing.

5. South Park The Fractured But Whole : The delay of this game into next year was a huge disappointment, but I'm all for giving the developers the time needed. The Stick of Truth was one of my favorite games from the last generation. It was a laugh riot and a fun game to play. I hope we won't have too much longer to wait for this one. 

6. Nier Automata : At first I wasn't so excited by this one, but after seeing lots of media on it, my feelings for the game changed dramatically. The demo cemented my hype for it as well. Incredibly fun demo to play. Cant wait for the full game.

7. Nioh : All the media Ive seen of the game looks great, and loved what little I played in the beta a while back. Can't wait to dig into this game so soon.

8. Valkyria Azure : This was on my list last year and makes it's again this year thanks to that delay. While the demos have been a mixed bag, I'm still looking forward to playing through this one. Something about it has caught my attention. Hopefully it turns out well.

9. Gravity Rush 2 : The original was a blast, and now it's exciting to see we are finally get that sequel we always wanted. I have high confidence in this one.

10. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild : Again on my list another year, and strangely I'm less interested in it now to be honest. Maybe it's due to the long wait or my avoiding all media of it, or even the whole Wii U/Switch situation and this game. I'm excited but honestly it barely made my list. There are a few other titles that came close that are coming soon, but this is Zelda and its going to be great and Im excited to play it.

This was a hard list to nail down. Many games just missed the list barely. Games like Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age, God Wars, Gran Turismo Sport, Snack World, Danganronpa 3, Ni no Kuni 2, Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, the Yu-No remake, Blue Reflection and more. 2017 looks to be a great year for sure.

1. Persona 5 : Characters. Urban environment.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : Exploration. Zelda.

3. Horizon: Zero Dawn : Pretty world. Dinosaur activities.

4. GNOG : With a look similar to Hohokum, it hopefully has some pleasantly playful puzzles and interactions.

1. Persona 5: Persona 4 Golden is in my top 5 games of all time. Everything I have seen from this game seems like this might take P4 spot in my top 5.

2. Mass effect Andromeda: Love the mass effect series, and I am in a dire need for a sci-fi game.

3. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue: Kingdom Hearts is my favourite franchise ever(with KH2 being my favourite game ever). Don't have a 3DS so am excited tryout DDD and can't wait to get into 0.2 and play as Aqua again!!

4. Horizon Zero Dawn: I am really intrigued about the world in Horizon and it is nice to see Guerilla games to something outside of Killzone. Also Dino-mech

5. Gravity Rush 2: Enjoyed the first game on vita. Can't wait to return to the universe

6. Nier: Played the demo, enjoyed it.

7. Red Dead Redemption 2: Loved the first game.

8. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Liked the first game even though I have never finished it. The second one looks good, hopefully, I will have beaten the first by then.

9. South Park: The Fractured But Whole: Enjoyed the first game, and love South Park in general.

10. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age: FFXII was a game I wanted like when it came out but I just didn't feel it. It also came out when I got a ps3 so I never managed to beat it. I loved the setting but wasn't a big fan of the combat. This is a game I always wanted to give another shot at.

Honourable Mentions:

x. Crash Bandicoot: N-sane Trilogy
x. PaRappa the Rapper
x. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
x. Tekken 7

AAMARMO

Banned
  1. Persona 5
  2. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  3. The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild
  4. Sonic Mania
  5. Nioh
  6. Nier: Automata
  7. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix
  8. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  9. Horizon Zero Dawn
  10. Metal Gear Survive

Papu_Kweh

1. Persona 5
2. Nier: Automata
3. Gravity Rush 2
4. Ni-Oh
5. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
6. Ni no Kuni 2
7. Yakuza Kiwami
8. Pyre
9. Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
10. Danganronpa V3 Killing Harmony

Honourable mentions:
x. Vampyr
x. Finding Paradise
x. Horizon: Zero Dawn
x. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

1. Red dead redemption 2 - the sequel to one of my top 10 GOAT.
2. Torment: tides of numenera - spiritual successor to one of my favourite RPG. I kickstarted it but did not touch the early access so I am really glad it's finally about to be finished
3. Horizon: zero dawn - Guerilla did not always deliver, but this one got me excited!
4. South Park: the fractured but qu'ils - I loved the previous one and am very confident for it even though Obsidian is not part of the development
5. Dawn of War 3
6. Uncharted: the lost legacy
7. Divinity original sin 2
8. Mass effect: andromeda
9. Kingdom come: deliverance
10. Prey - I am glad to see the love for system shock games brought back

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
2. Red dead Redemption 2
3. Nioh
4. Mass Effect: Andromeda
5. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
6. Nier: Automata
7. Crash Remastered
8. Resident Evil 7
9. Persona 5
10. Parappa the Rapper

asariN7

1. Persona 5 : Persona 4 golden is my favorite jrpg and Ive been waiting since 2014 to dive in the world of persona again.

2. Horizon Zero Down : It looks stunning, Aloy seems very likeable, the combat looks fun and the world very engrossing.

3. Mass Effect Andromeda : Im keeping my expectations in check with this one after the gameplay footage and the average game that was DA I.Really hope this turns out well and its one of the best games of 2017.

4. Red Dead Redemtion 2 : Rockstar makes the best open worlds and judging by the traile, it will be something trully special.

5. Nier Automata : My god this plays amazing.I never played the first one, but im gonna watch a playthrough before it comes out.

6. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild : This would be higher on my list, but i dont know if ill buy the switch at launch.Open world is wat Zelda needs right now.

7. Ni No Kuni II : Loved the story of the first one, but hated the combat.After the psx trailer my worries are gone.

8. Prey : Dishonored 2 is in my top 5 games this year, so i know Arkane will deliver.

9. Gravity Rush 2 : Played the demo and liked it very much.

10. Yakuza 0 : Never played Yakuza, but it looks very fun.

Honorable Mentions:
Nioh
Tales of Berseria
Uncharted: the lost legacy
Danganronpa V3 Killing Harmony
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Yooka-Laylee
Vampyr
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix
Dragon Quest XI
For Honor
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Injustice 2

Stefarno

1. Persona 5
2. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
3. Yakuza 0
4. Gravity Rush 2
5. Tokyo Xanadu
6. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone
7. Cosmic Star Heroine
8. Red Dead Redemption 2
9. Caligula
10. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

Persona 5 is so far ahead of anything else in my list... although that may be as it will have been 8 years since Persona 4 released in 2009. I hope Cosmic Star Heroine counts, I couldn't find a release date anywhere.

Akki

1. The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild
2. Yooka-Laylee
3. Nier: Automata
4. Resident Evil 7
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Mass Effect Andromeda
7. Dragon Quest XI
8. Red Dead Redemption 2
9. Nioh
10. Scalebound

1. Persona 5
2. Nier: Automata
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Resident Evil 7
5. Gravity Rush 2
6. Tales of Bersaria
7. Horizon: ZeroH,Dawn
8. Danganronpa Volume 3: Killing Harmony
9. Nioh
10. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

kierwynn

1. Nier: Automata
3. Tales of Berseria
4. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd
5. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
6. Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy
7. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
8. Persona 5
9. Cosmic Star Heroine
10. Horizon Zero Dawn

LAM09

1. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
2. Yakuza 0
3. Tekken 7
4. RDR2
5. Nioh
6. Crash Bandicoot
7. PES 2018
8. Uncharted: Lost Legacy
9. Ghost Recon: Wildlands

sasliquid

Ah shit I should do this I guess.

1. Persona 5
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath if the Wild
5. Red Dead Redemption 2
6. Gravity Rush 2
7. Resident Evil 7

Lusankya

1. Persona 5 : Fourth time in a row and despite all the delays it's still on top. Of course mostly because of how well recieved it was in Japan.
3. Tales of Berseria
4. Nier: Automata
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn

Fireblend

Banned
1. Persona 5: Just give it to me already. I've been ready for years now.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. Yooka-Laylee
4. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
5. Gravity Rush 2
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn

Slashlen

1. Persona 5: Persona 4 Golden is either my 1st or 2nd favorite game of all time, depending on the day you ask me. And Persona 5 looks like a huge improvement over 4. From what I've seen in trailers, it's almost as if they read my mind and grabbed most if not all of my minor complaints and nitpicks regarding the game and not only improved them but turned them into strengths. The tone, the characters, and that UI just look so good. We're also getting dual audio. And we already have JPN impressions that confirm that it is incredible. I'm not one to overhype how much I'm looking forward towards a game, but I'd consider it a disappointment if P5 is not in my top 3 games of all time, and there is a real chance that it could become my favorite game of all time.

2. Trails in the Sky The 3rd: I love Trails games. Trails cares about its world and characters to a degree that very few JRPGs do, and I've become one of those people who tries to talk to every single NPC to get whatever info I can. I am very interested in this game's MC and the organization he works for. It's come up in several other games but this could give a much better understanding of that group. Also, the sooner I play this, the sooner I can start obsessing over Zero/Ao.

3. Cosmic Star Herione: This remains the only KS I've ever backed. I've played all of Zeboyd's games since BoDVII, and I have faith that they'll deliver. A lot of the early impressions suggest they've done a lot more than that, and I've ended up mostly going dark on this game so I can go in blind in terms of just how much to expect. I'll be there day 1, as long as it's not released in the wake of P5 or Trails.

4. Ni no Kuni 2: Really liked the first one despite the combat, and I have high hopes that the second one is even better.

5. South Park The Fractured But Whole: Loved the first one, really hoping Ubi and the new dev team don't screw this one up.

6. Red Dead Redemption 2: Rockstar makes great open world games, so this is an easy include.

7. Sonic Mania: The world needs another great 2D Sonic game, and I have hope that this is the one. The trailers look great, and the dev seems to have a good track record. Fingers crossed.

8. Tales of Berseria: I've heard great things about this one, but that whole cutscene change thing that came up has deflated my anticipation somewhat. I'd probably rank this higher if it weren't for that.

9. Resident Evil 7: I've been out of the franchise for a long time, but I really like the tone of this one. What may actually be even more important is the VR support. I might just be more excited to just have a full VR game than for RE7 in general.

10. NieR: Automata: Tried the demo and it was a lot of fun.

Nameless

1.Red Dead Redemption 2
2.Mass Effect Andromeda
3.Nier Automata
4.Dreams
5.Horizon Zero Dawn
6.Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
7.Persona 5
8.Gravity Rush 2
9.Little Nightmares
10.Nioh

Honorable mention:

Resident Evil 7, Zelda BoTW(would have made it were I more confident in the Switch), Nex Machina, State of Decay 2. Uncharted Lost Legacy, Ys VII, Final Fantasy XII HD, Gran Turismo Sport, Tekken 7, Hellblade, Detroit.

Dark horses(games not officially confirmed for next year that still might make it out: God of War, Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VIIR Ep 1, Wild.

Wedzi

Banned
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Sea of Thieves
5. Star Wars Battlefront 2

Megatron

1. Zelda Breath of the Wild
2. Dragon Quest 11 ; I feel weird voting for a game I know I won't be able to play this year (especially when the rules specifically ban me from voting for a game I know I will be playing (Mario Switch) but I am excited for this game and can't wait for it to come here.
3. Ni No Kuni 2 ; I kind of doubt this is coming here this year either, but oh well.
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: There have been many impressive looking titles I've seen but Zelda still takes the top spot for me. Can't wait for Botw to knock it out of the park.

2. Horizon Zero Dawn: Guerrilla's latest seems like my type of game. All the footage and previews have only gotten me more excited to finally play this.

3. Red Dead Redemption 2: The first RDR title was my 2010 GOTY and it's sequel may very well be my favorite game of 2017.

4. Gravity Rush 2: The original Vita game was fun and the demo has me sold on what should be another solid outing for Toyama's series.

6. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age: I never finished the PS2 version so I look forward to remedying that mistake with this remaster

7. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom: Looks as charming and magical as the first go around and I'm sure I'll dig this.

8. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy: At long last the spotlight is on Chloe, one of my favorite Uncharted characters.

9. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy: Never thought I'd care for more Crash but alas here we are. The games don't look half bad so let's party like it's the 90's.

10. ParaRappa the Rapper Remastered: YA GOTTA DO WHAT? I GOTTA BELIEVE

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 : It's the sequel to both Rockstar's greatest game IMO and one of my favorite games of all time. I can't wait to round up my posse and return to the Wild West.

2. Horizon Zero Dawn : I have been hyped for this game ever since the leaked concept art. It's the most hyped I have been for a new IP in a long time. Robot Dinosaurs Nuff said.

3. Mass Effect Andromeda : Mass Effect is one of my favorite franchises and been itching for years to return to this universe.

4. Detroit Become Human : I loved Heavy Rain and this looks more like Heavy Rain rather than a Beyond. Ever since that Kara tech demo I been intrigued and the E3 trailer got me even more hyped.

5. Uncharted The Lost Legacy : It's Naughty Dog game therefore a must play for me. It starring Chloe has me even more hyped.

6. Yakuza Kiwami : Its a remake of the 1st game which I loved. I'm excited to relive it and dive back into the franchise.

7. Persona 5 : I loved Catherine and heard nothing but great things up the series so I'm willing to give it a shot.

8. Crash Bandicoot: N-sane Trilogy : I loved the original trilogy on PS1 and this remastered is looking good.

9. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice : Looks like a spiritual successor to Heavenly Sword which I really enjoyed.

10. Destiny 2 : I put many hours in Destiny 1 before falling out. I'm hoping the sequel will fix some of the problems I had and get me back in because the gameplay was satisfying.

The truth is most of the games I'm really anticipating actually don't currently have a release a date/year confirmation yet thus ineligible otherwise they would replace several of the games on my current lists. These games include:
Wild
God of War (PS4)
Spider-Man PS4
Smash Bros Switch

I really hope
Zelda
doesn't win.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : Really interested to see what the Zelda team does with an open world with physics and all that jazz.
2. For Honor : The team-based fighting game I've always wanted. This game is so intense, but always super tight and satisfying.
3. NieR: Automata : Demo plays so smoooooth. Looking forward to how deeper RPG systems enhance Platinum's combat blueprint.
4. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age : I'm ready for the fast forward button and job system to turn one of my least favorite Final Fantasies into one of my all time favorites.
5. Sonic Mania : This game could have no gameplay and I would still put it here for the OST.
6. Yooka-Laylee : Pls don't let me down ex-Rare dudes.
7. Nioh : Didn't play the demos, but from what I've heard it's a new and fresh take on Souls-like stuff, so sign me up.
8. Persona 5 : Only putting this down here because I don't have any investment in the franchise, but I'm sure it will be outstanding.
9. Horizon: Zero Dawn : Should be a fun world to run around and check boxes in?
10. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD Remix : God is dead.

Shame Mario isn't formally announced yet. Would make top 2 on my list easily.

IKizzLE

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
2. Nioh
3. Nier: Automata
4. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. Gran Turismo Sport
6. Tekken 7
7. For Honor
8. Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom
9. Red Dead Redemption 2
10. Injustice 2

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Torment: Tides of Numenera
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
6. Nier Automata
7. State of Decay 2
8. Ghost Recon: Wildlands
9. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
10. Scalebound

Honorable Mentions:

Ni No Kuni II / Uncharted: Lost Legacy / Vampyr / Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wilds / Persona 5 / Halo Wars 2 / Sea of Thieves / Prey / For Honor

roytheone

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Horizon: zero dawn
3. Prey
4. Red dead redemption 2
5. Mass effect: andromeda
6. Persona 5
7. Yooka-Laylee
8. South park: the fractured but whole
9. Resident evil 7
10. Nier: automata

El-Suave

1. Nioh : Played both the Alpha and the Beta and loved them. This game will consume so many hours.
2. For Honor : The Beta showed a lot of potential. The combat system seems to be really good.
3. Nier: Automata : The demo was fun and I'm glad to be able to be there at launch this time.
4. Star Trek: Bridge Crew : Cant wait to play this in PS VR. Werewolves Within is so much fun I have no doubt this will be, too.
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn : I still believe this will be the next big thing for Sony. Hope it delivers the way we want it to.

XDDX

1. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild : Not much to say, it looks amazing and I want to play it. Been waiting a long time and this should finally be the year where it releases.
2. Scalebound : Kamiya's next game and hopefully the next step for Platinum. I have really high hopes for this game since it's Kamiya coming off Wonderful 101 which is one of my favorite games of all time. I don't expect the same depth but I expect the same scale and satisfaction, and if it can match that it will be something special.
3. Persona 5 : The impressions from Japan have been almost 100% positive, pretty much everyone I know that played it considers it their GOTY for 2016. Haven't played a Persona game before so I'm hoping it lives up to my expectations.
4. Red Dead Redemption 2 : Have been playing the first game recently and I love the writing but the gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. I have no doubt that issue will be fixed for the sequel. Combine that with writing as good or better than the first game and we have another winner for Rockstar.
5. Yakuza 0 : This game looks crazy. Playing through Yakuza 5 in 2016 I realized how much I love this franchise for everything it does. This doesn't look like it's going to be a step back in any regard so give me more and I will be happy.
6. Nier Automata : Playing through the demo I was a bit disappointed as it seems to me like this is just platinum recycling everything. I feel like after Bayo 2 and Wonderful 101 I can't take the cheap Platinum games with my eyes closed anymore. However this is supposed to be an open world action RPG with a strong story and not just a straight action game, so I hope some of those features will make up for the recycled gameplay.
7. Tales of Berseria : Once again the impressions from Japan have been very strong and I've seen some people say this is the best tales game to date which has me really excited. The story is supposed to be a bit different too which should be good after Zestiria.
8. Horizon Zero Dawn : I believe this can be really good if it can take full advantage of the influences it's using, but I do have a fear of it trying to do a bit of everything and not succeeding at anything or just a few things. I hope it's the full package and it seems like Sony has given it the time to be great.
9. Ni No Kuni 2 : Enjoyed the first game but I hope this one has a bit more depth in terms of gameplay and higher production values in some areas like the overworld and music. I don't think it has any chance of being bad and could be great if we get the best of Level 5.
10. Mass Effect Andromeda : Almost missed the list. I love the Mass Effect trilogy but EA aren't showing much of this game and what we have seen doesn't look too interesting. The recent combat showcase we got looked good but somehow the rest doesn't seem like it has that Mass Effect feel to it. Could be a good thing but I'm just not sure at the moment, I need to see a lot more.

Honorable Mentions:

Dragon Quest 8: Really excited to play this but it's only a couple of weeks away and it is an enhanced port so I didn't want to put on the main list. Never played it on PS2 and looking forward to seeing why people love it so much.

Gran Turismo Sport: The latest footage has been a huge improvement and there is still no release date so who knows how far they will take it.

Nioh: The alpha was great, I like how the game plays but I hope the final version feels a little less like souls and more like its own thing.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
1. Horizon: Zero Dawn : Third Person Action RPG is my favorite genre and so far it has looked really great.
2. Red Dead Redemption 2 : Successor to a game that nailed the western setting.
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy : More Uncharted, which turns out wasn't such a bad idea after all. But after this it has to be done, despite me thinking they are good. Need new stuff. ;-)
4. Zelda: Breath of the Wild : I think most recent Zelda games are actually middling but this time they will nail it! Hope springs eternal in this gaffers breast.
5. Mass Effect: Andromeda : I skipped ME3 but ME2 is one of the best games of last gen. What they've shown (outside of combat) hasn't been great yet, but I'm sure it'll be fine.
6. Persona 5 : Just here to help it get a top spot!
7. Nier: Automata : The demo was very good. I'm still hesitant about the alleged Zelda elements that I haven't seen anywhere.
8. Gravity Rush 2 : The demo for this (admittedly I didn't do the tutorial and played under time pressure) wasn't that great and was from an area they showed many times before. I thought GR1 was okay, not great with obvious improvements for a sequel so I'm hoping they deliver.
9. Ni-Oh : Very cool setting, even if I'm not super into the Souls game loop.
10. What Remains of Edith Finch : I like the exploratory design take on their games.

Honorable mentions:
Dreams, Yakuza 0, Scalebound, Yooka-Laylee, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Vampyr, Night in the Woods, Ni No Kuni 2, Hob

Games that would definitely be on my list if it weren't for the release date criteria or lack of announcement:
God of War
Spider-Man
Rocket League for Nintendo Switch :p

My top 4 is basically interchangeable but here we go ...

2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. Prey
5. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
6. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
7. Crackdown 3
8. Tacoma
9. Nex Machina
10. Cuphead

1. Persona 5
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
4. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. Yakuza 0

If it were January 12 i would probably have a lot of Switch games on this list.

Feel free to edit your lists. Ya got about 16 hours left lol.

AvFocuD.gif

I'm adding Detroit to my list for sure.

Ekai

1. Pathologic : The release date was pushed back to late 2017. There's a demo of sorts already out and the board game they were also working on has already shipped to people's homes. I have faith that one of the most interestng games of all time is going to deliver.

2. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony: : I played the first two games on the pc re-release this last year and quite liked them. Look forward to what this one is like whenever I get the chance to play it.

3. NieR: Automata : I loved the first Nier, this is shaping up to look good. Can't wait to play it whenever I get the chance.

4. RE7: I like RE and the new direction seems interesting.

5. Tales of Beseria: It would be the first Tales game I play with a female protag....if I pick it up at some point.

6. Horizon: Zero Dawn : Seems interesting and continues my vein of more female protags. : P

7. Sonic Mania : Looks to be quite promising. I like Sanic so. *shrugs* Some Sanic anyway.

8. Tokyo Xanadu : A friend mentioned it to me so it's been on my radar.

9. Yooka-Laylee : Promo material makes this look up my alley.

10. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : New Zelda seems neat....worry it may be too...idk..Skyrimy? Seems to have that vibe to me for some reason.

Honorable mention:
Persona 5: Very leery of it but I wouldn't mind it being good. I quite like P2. P3 sucked til P3P and P4 was kinda...not great. Not to mention Atlus's latest output has been severely lacking. So I'm not too hyped for it.

I may add a bit more and more detail before the end but that's it for now.

Top Bottom