• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Games of 2017

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Resident Evil 7

I guess that's about it until games get a release date (God of War, Spider-Man, etc) or announced at all (the entire Switch 2017 slate other than Zelda).

Actually, Zelda should be #1 and unless From announces something, the rest of the list should start around #50 or so.

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda - Cannot wait for this. The trilogy will probably go down as one of my favorite series of all time. Easily my most anticipated of 2017

2. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Zelda is another one of my favorite series, and this one looks wonderful. I am hoping for a somewhat heavy push on story. The premise of the whole mystery of what happened to Hyrule is really intriguing, so I hope it delivers big.

3. Persona 5 - You know, I was not crazy about P4G at all, but P5 looks like it is just oozing with style. I'm shocked at how excited I am for this, despite not digging 4. It just looks so damn cool.

4. Red Dead Redemption 2 - God, I need this. Loved the first game so much. The ending still sticks with me to this day. Can't wait to see the direction they go with it.

5. Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy - I was obsessed with the original trilogy growing up. My brother and I played them non stop. What a trip down memory lane it's going to be.

6. Ni No Kuni II - First game was gorgeous and wonderful - from what little we've seen, this looks even better. Can't get enough of the art style.

7. Yooka-Laylee - I'm a huge Banjo Kazooie fan. This is as good as it's going to get. Game looks like a blast.

8. Resident Evil 7 - Going back to its horror roots? Yes please. It looks like a poor man's P.T., but that's OK. Still going into this blind and on day 1. Very excited.

9. Danganronpa 3 - 1 > 2 for me, but I still can't wait for this. I'm kind of glad the story is getting a reboot.

10. Horizon Zero Dawn - Looks utterly fantastic. Worried I'm getting over world fatigue, but a gorgeous look and a good story is enough to pull me in.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
1. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
2. Resident Evil 7 on Vive
3. Thunderforce 3 on 3DS
4. Wave Race (not really TBD but trademark has been renewed, does that count?)
5. The new Mario on Switch
6. Fifa 18 (switch, or PC version as 2nd choice)
7. Mario Kart remaster
8. Splatoon remaster
9. Budget Cut on Vive
10. Space Pirate Trainer 2017 updateon Vive

LordofPwn

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
2. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. Kingdom Hearts 2.8HD Final Chapter Prologue
4. Mass Effect: Andromeda
5. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 HD Collection
6. Dragon Quest XI
7. Ni No Kuni II
8. Nier Automana
9. Yooka-Laylee
10. Prey

theres a lot of games i'm excited for but they don't have 2017 attached to them.
God of War
Spiderman
Last of Us Part II
Kingdom Hearts 3
Mario Switch
Other Switch Games
Cyberpunk 2027

pablito

1. Persona 5: Persona 4 is a top 3 JRPG for me, and according to importers
5 is better than 3 and 4 in about every way. This game may be something special.
2. Mass Effect Andromeda: ME is probably the most replayable series for me lately. Aside from the ending of 3, I thought they were all great in their own ways.
3. The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild: Really interested how they do the open world. And as superficial as it might sound, I like how we're seeing other outfits and weapons and such. Fashion Zelda incoming?
4. Red Dead Redemption 2: RDR1 is my second favorite Rockstar game. Glad to see another entry, even if I was hoping for Bully 2.
5. Dragon Quest XI: This looks to be what I've been wanting since 8. Just good old DQ in HD. Hopefully it makes it to the west in 2017.
6. South Park - The Fractured But Whole: I loved Stick of Truth. Hopefully the game doesn't get too Ubisoft'd, but with Matt and Trey on this, it'll at least be funny as hell.
7. Torment - Tides of Numanera: Hype is solely based on the reputation of the first game. I know, I need to play it. I will before this. But I can't recall seeing anyone that's played this not say it's the best story in a video game.
8. Ni No Kuni 2 - Revenant Kingdom: Enjoyed the first game, and didn't think we'd get another. So glad it's happening.
9. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite: I don't plan on playing this that much, but it's one of the most fun games to spectate on a tournament level. And Justin Wong needs a game lol.
10. Final Fantasy XII - The Zodiac Age: One of my favorite FFs, and I never played IZJS version.

1. Nier Automata: New Platinum game? Check. Stylish character-based beat-em-up combined with bullet hell action? Check. Character designs by Akihiko Yoshida? Check. Yeah, this was designed exactly with me in mind. I have no idea about the other Nier games or Drakengaard - everything I've read about them sounds kind of insane - but this is 10 million times up my alley. Can't wait for it! Please don't disappoint, thank you.

Cqt5_5LXYAAijI5.jpg

2. 13 Sentinels - Aegis Rim: I really, really, really hope that this isn’t just vaporware. Where are the updates? I love Vanillaware’s games; they can be repetitive and a little frustrating at times, but the art style, animation, smooth combat, and boss battles in all of their games are always simply amazing. The idea of a mecha action game in the style of Odin Sphere is a dream come true.

3. The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild: Looks like a huge and gorgeous adventure. I'll be getting this on Wii U, and I'm sure it'll be just as amazing as the Switch version. I really enjoyed Skyward Sword, but I'm looking forward to just getting lost in all of this game's jungles and forests and mountains.

4. Marvel VS Capcom Infinite: I didn't think we'd get another one, and I'm so glad that I was wrong. I love the hype, culture, and passion that surrounds this franchise. I'd like to see characters from Rival Schools, Power Stone, Breath of Fire, Red Earth, the CPS2 beat em ups (Alien vs Predator, D&D Shadow over Mystara, etc.) and more Darkstalkers on the Capcom side, and Adam Warlock, Medusa, and Uatu on the Marvel side.

5. Rain World: Been following this for a long time, glad that it's finally geared to come out. The AI, the atmosphere, the animation, the little details that seem to be put into the mechanics...looks so good.

6. Pyre

7. Death’s Gambit

8. Cosmic Star Heroine

9. Tales of Berseria

10. Battle Chef Brigade

Honorable mentions to awesome-looking games coming out on platforms that I don't have: Persona 5, Ni-Oh, Ni no Kuni 2, Horizon Zero Dawn

troy122333

Neo Member
1. Red Dead Redemption 2
2. Persona 5
3. Zelda Breath of the Wild
4. Mass Effect Andromeda
5. Horizon
6. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
7. Resident Evil VII
8. God of War
9. Nier Automata

1. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
2. Persona 5
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. For Honor
5. Tekken 7
6. Injustice 2
7. Berserk and the Band of the Hawk
8. Nioh
9. Scalebound
10. Nidhogg 2

1. Persona 5: I think that Persona 3 & 4 are some of the finest total packages I've played, and I can't wait to see how P5 iterates on that.
2. Gravity Rush 2: This series is a great mix of a solid gameplay loop (falling never really gets old) and a lovable protagonist. I'm ready to fall for Kat again.
3. Nioh: I love Bloodborne and Japanese history. I'm game for a mix of both.
4. Nier Automata: I never did get around to playing the first one, but reading so many positive impressions of it has made me excited for the sequel. It doesn't hurt that I've been hoping for a good over-the-top action game.
5. Mass Effect Andromeda: I'm really looking forward to a Mass Effect game without the specter (heh) of Reapers hanging over everything. The gameplay trailer was exciting; few things are as fun as a good old fashioned biotic charge.
6. Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age: I didn't like XII my first time through, but lately I've been thinking that I'd appreciate it a lot more now. Classes sound like they will fix a lot of my gameplay issues with XII.
7. Horizon Zero Dawn: I generally dislike open world games, but robo-dinosaurs are a compelling hook regardless. Guerilla games are always interesting (if flawed) so I want to see how this turns out.
8. Danganronpa V3 Killing Harmony: The first two were quite a ride. I never really got invested in the world of Danganronpa, but the twists and turns of the trials is enough to get me excited about V3.
9. Gran Turismo Sport: I really hope this is a return to form for GT, but I honestly doubt it. Still, I want to see the final product and hopefully take a super car for a test drive.
10. Uncharted Lost Legacy: After completing Uncharted 4, I felt like I was done with the series. 4 did a lot of things right, but I couldn't shake the feeling this just wasn't for me anymore. I did not expect Chloe's return, and she might just be a good enough reason to go treasure hunting again.

There's a pretty big drop in anticipation between #6 and #7, but 2017 is already looking to be a great year. It helps that I doubt most of these will be delayed
into next year
!

zulux21

1. Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest in itadaki street special 30th anniversary edition: man that is a mouth full. it will likely only be japan but still is by far my number 1.
2. Persona 5: yay persona
3. Final Fantasy 12 HD: a fixed up version of ff12, yes please.
4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
5. Horizon Zero dawn
6. Cosmic Star Heroine: I am hoping it will actually come out in 2017 :p
7. Tales of Berseria
8. Dragon quest Heroes 2
9. Dragon quest 11
10. Gravity Rush 2

Rob2K19

1. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
2. Persona 5
3. NieR: Automata
4: Ni no Kuni II
5. NiOh
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. Yakuza: Kiwami
8. Danganronpa V3
9. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX: I already own them but I refuse to put it last because of KH2 FM and BBS FM.
10. Nights of Azure 2

I damn well know I forgot a game or 2, but I made this quickly so it is what it is.

spectator

01. Wipeout Omega Collection: Welcome back, comfortable old pair of slippers... you sure look shiny

02. Star Wars Battlefront 2: I'm looking forward to the campaign (hopefully with co-op) and PS4 Pro support

03. South Park: The Fractured But Whole: I'm hoping for new directions, but more of the same would be fine

04. Horizon: Zero Dawn: I'm not sure Guerilla can pull it off, but Sony seems convinced

05. Farpoint: I'm really hoping the gameplay won't disappoint because the concept is so strong

06. Gran Turismo Sport: I'm disappointed that this isn't a full-VR title, but I'm always into GT anyway

07. Red Dead Redemption 2: I'm not convinced the writing will live up the first one

08. Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom: This would be higher if I could count on gameplay improvements

09. Ace Combat 7: VR dogfights and HALO jumps, what else do you need?

10. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy: I'm hoping I won't be burnt out on Uncharted by the time I get to this

Dynasty

1) Crackdown 3 - Really looking forward to this game, game could be the best game of the last decade or the biggest dissapointment for me.
2) South Park Fractured But Whole - Love South Park despite the dissapointing season, also looking forward Stick of Truth since I havent played it yet.
3) Red Dead Redemption 2 - RDR is the greatest game of last generation by many, too bad I didnt get to play it. Hyped for this because it is a Rockstar game.
4) Horizon Zero Dawn - Game looks awesome so happy that Sony gave Gureilla Games the chance to try something new.
5) Mass Effect Andromeda - Never really gave the other ME games a chance but this one has me interested.
6) State Of Decay 2 - The first one had its problems but I'm really look forward to this one.
7) Below - Cant wait for this game, rewatched Totalbiscuit coverage of this game again and it got me hyped again.
8) For Honor - What little I played of the beta was really fun, know a couple of friends who are going to get this so going to have a lot of fun with this.
9) Day Gone - I know I have State of Decay 2 in the list as well, what can I say? I am a sucker for zombie games.
10) CupHead - Barely made the list tbh, love the art style, the boss battles look fun but the normal levels feel like they were just filling a checklist and were pressured by people complaining about only bosses.

Edit - Also lol at people listing God of War and Uncharted DLC. Read the OP.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
1. Persona 5
2. Horizon
3. Nioh
4. Nier Automata
5. Gravity Rush 2
6. Fate/Extella
7. Dragon Quest 11
8. Ni No Kuni 2
9. Red Dead Redemption 2
10. Tales of Berseria

Its a shame because i have tons of games i'm looking forward to outside of this list, but its only top 10

cheez124

1. Persona 5: couldn't you tell? everything i've seen looks amazing, can't wait
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: skyward sword really disappointed me, and is the only 3D zelda i just completely gave up on partway through. i'm hoping BoTW will turn things around, and it looks like it will
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy: so happy to see chloe again. i was afraid they were gonna go with sam, who was one of least interesting characters in U4, but i'm glad they didn't. i'm hoping charlie cutter will make a return, as well
4. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard: disappointed in the switch to first person, but liking the return to survival horror.
5. Star Wars Battlefront 2: i skipped out on the first one after hearing about the lack of content at launch. hopefully they'll do better on the sequel
6. Nier: Automata: quite a few people seem excited for this one, which has gotten me curious as well. the only platinum game i've played is metal gear rising, though, so i'm not sure if it'll be anything like that. definitely gonna look into it more

1. Horizon Zero Dawn : A visually stunning game with zoids. Couldn't be more designed for me if it tried.

2. Persona 5 : P4G really got me back into JRPGs after a big slump, played it for well over 100 hours. Had the Steel book version of this pre-ordered for months now.

3. Dynasty Warriors Godseekers : Loved the PS2 Dynasty Tactics games so looking forward to this spiritual successor. Didn't think for a while it would get a western release.

4. Cosmic Star Heroine : My first Kickstarter, absolutely love the throw back to Phantasy Star/Star Ocean in style. Lovely art and music.

5. Gravity Rush 2 : Played the remaster this year and though the story was crap I really love Kat. The artstyle and powers were fun too so really looking forward to the bigger improved sequel. Gravity Queen!

6. Nier Automata : Had no interest in the original game but everything about this screams awesome. The art design, music and amazingly smooth looking combat have me very excited.

7. Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age : My favourite Final Fantasy remastered with trophies? Take my money SE.

8. Yakuza 0 : Never played a Yakuza game before though heard good things. Figured the prequel was a good place to start with Kiwami on it's way. Pretty excited to play it.

9. Dragon Quest Heroes II : Really enjoyed the first a lot being a Dragon Quest and DW fan. The fact this also has online co-op is a huge bonus to me.

10. Elite Dangerous Always loved the look of this. The recent PS4 announcement was amazing news out of nowhere.

There are a ton of games coming this year I want actually that we're almost top 10. Will be a great year. Vampyr, Red Dead 2, ME Andromeda, Tokyo Xanadu, Ys Origin, REVII, South Park, Prey, Sonic Mania, Nioh etc etc.

Not sure how I am going to find the time or money yet XD

t26

1. Super Robot War V. Really sad we are finally getting a mainline game but there is zero interest in this topic.

RBIYF

Neo Member
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Prey
5. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
6. Finding Paradise
7. Thimbleweed Park
8. Gravity Rush 2
9. Horizon: Zero Dawn
10. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

RMI

Banned
1. Nier Automata
2. Persona 5
3. WipEout Omega Collection
4. Hellblade Sensua's Sacrifice
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Mass Effect Andromeda
7. Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age

spekkeh

Banned
Mario Switch should be eligible IMO, it's more likely to release next year than games like God of War. Anyway. Outside of Mario and Pokemon Stars and whatever is going to be the Switch holiday game, the following top three seems to be the most accurate to be lining up with my GOTY list at the end of the year since eons.

1. The legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild : I've become so jaded, I didn't know I still had it in me to be hyped for a game. I haven't really been hyped for a game since... Wii Sports? And probably not this hyped since OoT. It's the Zelda I've been dreaming of since I was a little kid playing the original Legend of Zelda.

2. Mass Effect Andromeda : I feel like this is going to be a disappointment, it's moving in all the wrong directions from what I liked about the original trilogy, and I was someone who really liked ME3. At the same time whenever I see images I'm fawning over them because there's still really nothing like it out there. I'm down for some more campy space opera. We'll bang okay.

3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. Uncharted Lost Legacy
5. Vampyr
6. Ni No Kuni 2
7. Persona 5
8. Red Dead Redemption 2
9. Nier Automata
10. Tacoma

DJIzana

2. Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time
3. Nier: Automata
4. Persona 5
5. Nioh
6. Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom
7. Shenmue 3
8. Yooka Laylee
9. Yakuza 6
10. Valkyria Chronicles: Azure Revolution

Couple of things: I'd probably include Yakuza 0 somewhere here but I've owned the Japanese version for a year so... I consider that a 2016 game.

Also, I'll likely change my list depending on what game announcements we get for the Nintendo Switch.

I... can't wait for 2018's list. It'll be even better than 2016's or 2017's. Hard to top being FFXV and Last Guardian though... even for 2017's list. :p

1. Super Mario Switch: I am hyped as fuck for the Switch, and we are more than due for a proper Super Mario game.

2. Persona 5: Persona is one of my favorite franchises, and we have all been waiting for this game since 2008.

3. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy: Crash 2 and 3 are two of my favorite games of all time. Can't wait to play them again with sweet graphics.

4. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age: A proper Final Fantasy game, set in the Ivalice universe.

5. Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood: I have just recently gotten into Final Fantasy XIV, and while I have just reached Heavensward, I already cannot wait for the next expansion to come out.

6. Patapon Remastered: Patapon is a fantastic game, which had the unfortunate fate of being relegated for the PSP. Everyone needs to buy this remastered release.

7. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild: While I am not the biggest Zelda fan and haven't liked a console Zelda since Wind Waker, this game seems to be hitting everything it needs to hit to be a true Zelda game, worth of the franchise's name.

8. Resident Evil 7: I am a Resident Evil fanboy. RE5 might very well be my favorite game of the past generation, and RE6 was complete dogshit. This game better be good. I have high hopes for it.

9. Yakuza 0: I have been recently introduced to the Yakuza franchise with Yakuza 4, thanks to PS+. Despite not finishing it, I really liked what I played. It was the kind of game that had a lot of heart. Yakuza 0 seems to continue this tradition.

10. Nioh: Ninja Gaiden x Dark Souls. Yup, bring it.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
This really should not be a 'top 10' list, more like a top 20. There's too many great looking games coming out next year. It feels annoying having to leave a lot of mentions out of representation

1. GT Sport
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Hellblade
4. Assassins Creed Empire
5. Cuphead
7. Sonic Mania
7. Tekken 7
8. Uncharted Lost Legacy
9. Wipeout Omega Collection

The painful 3-4 year wait for something GT on PS4 is finally over hopefully. Love to see what GG are doing with Horizon zero dawn. I'm into Heavenly Sword, Enslaved so I'm naturally intrigued to see what Hellblade is. Wipeout Omega I'm looking at 2048 as I've played HD/Fury a lot but also 4k60fps would be neat for all of them if possible.

Omissions? Not played RDR, would want to play that before getting hyped for RDR2 and I own Persona 3 and 4 but knnw nothing of 5 and still to play P4.

1. Horizon Zero Dawn: Loved this game since the first artworks leaked. Looks fun to play, it's stunning and it has robo dinos. What else do i need to say?
2. Gravity Rush 2: I've played the first one this year (remaster), i loved it and i think it's a little gem. Can't wait to play a sequel developed with the ps4 in mind.
3. Crash Bandicoot Nsane Trilogy: Crash is the first game i have played on my ps1, my first console. That's where my passion for videogames started. Thanks Crash <3
4. Nier Automata: Never played the first game but i love action games and the cs looks really good.

libregkd

4yTdcFy.png

1. Persona 5 : Third time's the charm? This game has been up there as one of my most anticipated games for a long time now and with the game finally out in Japan, waiting for it has become increasingly unbearable. Can't wait to finally get my hands on it.

usMO9Ef.png

2. Horizon Zero Dawn : The game has looked really good since it's been revealed and after finally getting a chance to play some of it, February can't come soon enough.

ZfT9iTR.png

3. Gravity Rush 2 : Loved the first game and its sequel seems to be that expect bigger and better in every way. I only have to wait until January as well!

YVUKZey.png

4. Mass Effect Andromeda : I'm a huge fan of the Mass Effect trilogy and I'm ready to jump back into the ME universe after so many years. Can't wait to see more but so far the game looks super cool.

ICLWiam.png

5. NiOh : This was a game I wasn't entirely sold on until playing the Alpha and Beta earlier this year and now I can't wait. I really love the aesthetics the game has going for it and it's not often you get a game like this with Japanese mythology/folklore.

5E8TEcL.png

6. Nier Automata : The most surprising sequel announcement. The game somehow looks better each time Square decides to show more off. Game looks super fun.

2qXTOzw.png

7. Nex Machina : Smash TV is one of my favorite games ever. Housemarque is one of favorite Shoot 'em up developers. This game is a match made in heaven. Had fun with it at PSX so now I'm just waiting for the full version.

HMDX9LE.png

8. Kingdom Hearts 2.8 : An actual NEW console KH entry? I'm game. Aqua's part of the collection may be small but it's been ages since there's been a new KH game (not counting Unchained) and I never got the chance to play Dream Drop Distance so this collection should be fun.

aiYmnIT.png

9. Ni no Kuni II : Loved the first game and I'm liking the direction the sequel is taking. The game also just continues to have a style that you really can't get in any other game. Can't wait.

4eonUyP.png

10. Battle Chef Brigade : So this may seem like the odd game out on this list but man oh man is this game fun. I've only got to play a brief demo but I really love how this game combines some side-scrolling beat 'em up combat with some match 3 puzzles all with the backdrop of cooking duels ala Iron Chef expect set in a fantasy setting. Game has a lot of charm and what I played was really fun.

Honorable mentions: Yakuza 0, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Pyre, Vampyr, Tekken 7, Red Dead Redemption 2

1. Persona 5

Huge huge fan of Persona 3/4. I've been waiting for this game ever since it's been announced.

2. 13 Sentinel: Aeris Rim

Big fan of Odin Sphere, and Muramusa. I'm hoping this game comes out in 2017

3. Ni No Kuni II

Played the first game. This game looks to be as beautiful as the first one with a better battle system. I like how you can build your own castle in this one.

4. Torment: Tides of Numenera

Never played the original Torment, but this looks really original when it comes to setting and stories.

5. Cosmic Star Heroine

This game reminds me of my favorite game of all time Chrono Trigger. The more I hear about it, the more I want to play it.

6. Zelda Breath of the Wild

The first open world Zelda, sign me up.

7. Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue

Can't wait to play a Kingdom Hearts game in HD. Yes, it's just a prologue but it's turning out great to me.

8. Kingdom Hearts III

9. Dragon Quest VIII

10. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III

Huge fan of the first two games.

Shadoken

1. Shenmue 3
2. Marvel Vs Capcom : Infinite
3. Sonic Mania
4. Gran Turismo Sport
5. Sonic Project 2017
6. NiOH
7. Resident Evil 7
8. Nier: Automata
9. Yakuza 0
10. Tekken 7

Kazooie

Banned
2. Yooka-Laylee
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Gravity Rush 2
5. Sea of Thieves
6. Nioh
7. Star Wars Battlefront 2

EhoaVash

1. The legend of zelda breath of the wild - the best gaming series open world again. need this

2. Horizon Zero Dawn - Looks very pretty,

3. Persona 5 - Never played a persona game, so looking forward to trying this series for the firs ttime

4. Nier Automata - Looks like a more serious Bayonetta, this could be bayonetta 3 lol

5. Resident Evil VII - I liked RE4, and remake, this being like PT is also cool too, i'm kind of worried about this but again its a new type of RE game and that excites me.

2. Nier: Automata
3. Yooka-Laylee
4. Sonic Project 2017
5. Persona 5
6. Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time
7. Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue

Would include Mario since that's rumored to come out next year, but it's not allowed.
Seems like it should be a pretty good year, but I imagine most of the games I'll buy next year aren't fully announced yet.

Eolz

4yTdcFy.png

1. Persona 5 : Third time's the charm? This game has been up there as one of my most anticipated games for a long time now and with the game finally out in Japan, waiting for it has become increasingly unbearable. Can't wait to finally get my hands on it.

usMO9Ef.png

2. Horizon Zero Dawn : The game has looked really good since it's been revealed and after finally getting a chance to play some of it, February can't come soon enough.

ZfT9iTR.png

3. Gravity Rush 2 : Loved the first game and its sequel seems to be that expect bigger and better in every way. I only have to wait until January as well!

YVUKZey.png

4. Mass Effect Andromeda : I'm a huge fan of the Mass Effect trilogy and I'm ready to jump back into the ME universe after so many years. Can't wait to see more but so far the game looks super cool.

ICLWiam.png

5. NiOh : This was a game I wasn't entirely sold on until playing the Alpha and Beta earlier this year and now I can't wait. I really love the aesthetics the game has going for it and it's not often you get a game like this with Japanese mythology/folklore.

5E8TEcL.png

6. Nier Automata : The most surprising sequel announcement. The game somehow looks better each time Square decides to show more off. Game looks super fun.

2qXTOzw.png

7. Nex Machina : Smash TV is one of my favorite games ever. Housemarque is one of favorite Shoot 'em up developers. This game is a match made in heaven. Had fun with it at PSX so now I'm just waiting for the full version.

HMDX9LE.png

8. Kingdom Hearts 2.8 : An actual NEW console KH entry? I'm game. Aqua's part of the collection may be small but it's been ages since there's been a new KH game (not counting Unchained) and I never got the chance to play Dream Drop Distance so this collection should be fun.

aiYmnIT.png

9. Ni no Kuni II : Loved the first game and I'm liking the direction the sequel is taking. The game also just continues to have a style that you really can't get in any other game. Can't wait.

4eonUyP.png

10. Battle Chef Brigade : So this may seem like the odd game out on this list but man oh man is this game fun. I've only got to play a brief demo but I really love how this game combines some side-scrolling beat 'em up combat with some match 3 puzzles all with the backdrop of cooking duels ala Iron Chef expect set in a fantasy setting. Game has a lot of charm and what I played was really fun.

Honorable mentions: Yakuza 0, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Pyre, Vampyr, Tekken 7, Red Dead Redemption 2

Sorry for the quote, but great layout!
Never heard of #10 before too, thanks for the discovery.

I think there should be an exception for the "no expansion" rule for MMOs, as these expansions add as much content as the base game, and also because MMOs, by nature, are games supported for years and years.

Reyben

1. Persona 5
2. Nioh
3. Danganronpa V3
4. Nier Automata
6. Zelda: Breath of The Wild
7. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
8. Resident Evil 7
9. Horizon: Zero Dawn
10. Red Dead Redemption 2

sanstesy

1. The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild: I like Zelda games.
2. NieR Automata: NieR was a good game.
3. Final Fantasy XII - The Zodiac Age: A cool game remastered.

Paulee

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild : Big fan of the 3D Zelda games but never at launch, this time I feel the hype big times
2. Persona 5 : having fun at school just in Persona
3. Resident Evil 7 : went from really disliking it at first to being really hyped for Outlast with big budget at combat
4. Nier: Automata : can I get another MGS: R game , I hope so
5. gravity rush 2 : first game was a suprise fun traversel and art
6. NiOh : Dark Souls is my favorit game of all time and hope someone can change the formal
7. Mass Effect: Andromeda : I hope its no Inquisition
8. Red Dead Redemption 2 : need to see more
9. Strafe : can I handle more Doom , I think so
10. Cuphead : just look at it

YaBish

1. Red Dead Redemption 2: It's R*, I'll be there day one. Besides, I loved the first one.

2. Nier Automata: Haven't finished the first Nier yet, still working on it, but I've really liked what I've seen from this one. Think it might be a dark horse for GOTY 2017

3. Mass Effect Andromeda: Improved combat looks nice, and even with some of the jank from DAI carrying over, I think it's going to be a fun ride. I love the feel of Bioware RPGs.

4. Horizon Zero Dawn: I really want this one to surprise me. I'm just praying that the writing is good, because I'd love for this to be the game I think it can be.

5. Absolver: This game caught my eye at E3, and I think the idea is absolutely brilliant. I'd love to sink a ton of hours into it, provided the scope doesn't get too big for the team behind it.

6. Uncharted The Lost Legacy: Chloe.

7. Persona 5: Never played a Persona game before, but after playing Catherine last year, I'm interested in this one. Will wait for consensus on the English release before playing though.

8. Pyre: SuperGiant Games are 2/2 as far as I'm concerned. Transistor was my GOTY 2014, and I'm hoping this one stands tall.

9. Vampyr: Extremely ambitious for the team at Dontnod. The systems in place sound interesting, and I'm curious how the game will play out.

10. Prey: I liked Dishonored, so more from Arkane can't be a bad thing, right?

Jucksalbe

Banned
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild; A Zelda game that finally seems to be doing something new. It could turn out rather boring, but it certainly has a lot of potential.
2. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone; A huge "best of" collection at an amazing price. Can't wait to dive into this and probably never come out again.
3. Dragon Quest Heroes II; Good thing this was announced just in time for this list. I really liked the first one, this is supposedly a big improvement.
4. Thimbleweed Park; Classic point & click by Ron Gilbert, this has the potential to turn out great.
5. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd; Cold Steel II was a bit of a letdown, but that certainly won't keep me away from this one.
6. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age; Plenty of "new" content should be enough for me to give this game another chance. Really looking forward to try it again.
7. Mass Effect: Andromeda; Looks great, I'm not so much into the combat of the series, so this isn't that high on my list, but the setting looks amazing.
8. Wipeout Omega Collection; Haven't played much of the Vita game, so this is at least in parts a new Wipeout game for me.

Can't think of any more. There are some games with Japanese release dates in 2017 or just no Western date yet, that I couldn't add to the list, so I'd like to at least give a special mention to Dragon Quest XI, Musou Stars and even Blue Reflection. Plus Ys 8 is hopefully releasing in the West next year, as well as M2's Battle Garegga port.

Neptonic

1. Legend of Zelda BoTW
2. NieR Automata
3. Persona 5
4. Resident Evil 7
5. Prey
6. Ace Combat 7
7. For Honor
8. Sea of Thieves
9. Yooka Laylee
10. Strafe

1. Nier Automata: I might be more excited for the soundtrack than the game itself, but luckily the game also looks great, so it's at the top of my list.
2. Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age: Love the original game, can't wait to finally play the International version.
3. Ni-Oh: The amount of iteration and community involvement for this one has me really excited. Looks like it will turn out great.
4. Yooka-Laylee: The Banjo-Threeie I never got.
5. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild: Game looks great, but it still feels really far away, even though it could potentially be launching in March. Will likely get more hyped for it closer to release.
6. Wipeout Omega Collection: I wish it was a real sequel but it will do I guess. It will be nice to play the 2048 tracks in 60fps!

The rest will probably be filled out with Switch games.

Top Bottom