• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classics Series - What titles do you expect to appear?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
After reading this thread, I got to wondering whether NOA is planning on bringing out their own selection of NES Classics, as opposed to simply bringing over select titles from the Japanese series.

Using your amazing powers of prediction, which 10 games do you think NOA would be -most- likely to bring out, assuming they had free control to choose them? I'm not asking what titles you want them to release... I'm asking for the ones you'd think they'd be most likely to release.

My guesses:

* Punch-Out
* Castlevania
* Contra
* Dr. Mario
* Zelda II: Adventure of Link
* 1942 (this feels like a stretch... perhaps Gradius or something instead?)
* Adventure Island
* DK Jr.
* Mario Bros.
* Balloon Fight

(The last four just because NCL has them in series 2)

jarrod

Banned
I think we can probably just expect ports of the JP games. Polls don't mean much.

For Classic NES Series 2 I'd expect...

-Adventure Island (Hudson)
-Balloon Fight (Nintendo)
-Clu Clu Land (Nintendo)
-Dig-Dug (Namco)
-Dr. Mario (Nintendo)
-Ghosts N' Goblins (Capcom)
-Mario Bros (Nintendo)
-Wrecking Crew (Nintendo)

...probably. Maybe Star Soldier from FCmini Series 1 might sneak in there in Mario Bros' place though.

DDayton

You missed the point, though. -IF- NOA were free to release -any- titles they wanted, which would be the ones they'd be most likely to release?

Since these evil things are selling so well, it might be wise to release the Nintendo- and other company-published Rare stuff... R.C. Pro AM, Battletoads, Solar Jetman, Slalom, Cobra Triangle, Snake Rattle 'n Roll (well it already was on GB before, but so was SMB and others), Wizards 'n Warriors, etc.

So you're basically just asking us to rattle off super popular and mainstream NES games. Why? Wouldn't a "list the games we're hoping for" thread be more interesting? We all already know which games were big hits and will likely be released: Mario 2 and 3, Kid Icarus, Metroid, Balloon Fight, Clu Clu Land, Dr Mario, DK Jr, DK3, etc. Basically every game unlockable in Animal Crossing, available as an E-Reader set, or on one of the Famicom Anniversary soundtracks is a pretty safe bet.

DDayton

bobbyconover said:
So you're basically just asking us to rattle off super popular and mainstream NES games. Why? Wouldn't a "list the games we're hoping for" thread be more interesting? We all already know which games were big hits and will likely be released: Mario 2 and 3, Kid Icarus, Metroid, Balloon Fight, Clu Clu Land, Dr Mario, DK Jr, DK3, etc. Basically every game unlockable in Animal Crossing, available as an E-Reader set, or on one of the Famicom Anniversary soundtracks is a pretty safe bet.

Well, it seems that if NOA had the opportunity to choose their own titles, things might be a lot different... however, I'm not sure how many titles are -likely-. Would Nintendo just go with the "traditional" hits? Would all those companies necessarily want the titles released like that? Square wanted to do a FF 1 & 2 remake rather than release them as Classic titles...

Top Bottom