• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Alienation Details: Upgrade and Loot Systems Revealed

How's the loot? Are there bosses in levels which drop stuff or do random enemies drop stuff also?

Yeah there are optional bosses around the map which will drop some good gear. Other than that you will find gear is chest that are spread around the map.

The maps are huge but you don't have to explore them if you don't want to. You go straight for the objective if you want but the optional bosses are good

is the game 30 or 60 frames? how does it look? any heavy frame drops? im more intrigued about technical aspects because i know housemark always gets the gameplay right

30FPS locked by the looks of it. Game looks great, and the environments are varied. Jungles, snow etc. No heavy frame drops at all

Are reviews going up tomorrow?

Got the game preloaded but it's always fun seeing the critics response to games

Pre-launch video capture and livestreams are allowed beginning at the embargo lift on Monday 25th April 15:00 BST /16:00 CET

The game rocks so I expect 8's across the board

Freeman76

Yeah it feels more like Dead Nation than Resogun thats for sure. Resogun is a 2.5d shooter.

Same style as Dead Nation. Go to objective on map, kill waves of enemies, pick up better weapons, grenades.

The game feels great though and it is awesome with a friend

Thats a shame as i found dead nation very boring. I have enough wallet funds for either invisible inc or this, and was hoping this would be a bit more original. Resogun did a lot with a familiar genre and injected it with some fresh ideas. This doesnt look like it will do the same for me, so i think i will pick up Invisible Inc. Thanks for info mate.

Thats a shame as i found dead nation very boring. I have enough wallet funds for either invisible inc or this, and was hoping this would be a bit more original. Resogun did a lot with a familiar genre and injected it with some fresh ideas. This doesnt look like it will do the same for me, so i think i will pick up Invisible Inc. Thanks for info mate.

hmm yeah well AlienNation is faster than dead nation for sure but why not watch a few lets plays when the embargo is up and decide then?

Been waffling on pre ordering this for a couple weeks, finally decided and pre ordered today. I'm liking the dynamic theme, but I don't think I'll keep it too long, I still like the Firewatch Theme more.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Pre-ordered last night and will pre-load tomorrow at some point. Definitely looking forward to playing the game at midnight tomorrow. :)

drotahorror

Developer stream from couple of days ago here https://goo.gl/JLm08T

Lots of info there, they briefly talk about invasions too.

I don't really want to spoil 2 hours of gameplay, do you have a run down on what was said about invasions?

I see on the screenshots on first page something about Invaders killed and Defenders killed.

Also, are there some sort of leaderboards?

dreamstation

Gold Member
I am playing the game right now.

It is amazing.

If you have any questions let me know?

How much variety in the loot drops is there? Do weapons have unique abilities like they do in Diablo 3 or are they all pretty standard and you add extra things via the upgrade system?

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
22 hours it seems. Was surprised to see the icon on PS4 menu. Tempted to buy but can't because of money issues.
But I really want to. Patience.

tomedo

I don't really want to spoil 2 hours of gameplay, do you have a run down on what was said about invasions?

I see on the screenshots on first page something about Invaders killed and Defenders killed.

Also, are there some sort of leaderboards?

There are at least country level leaderboards, I think they mentioned looking into adding more post launch. Invasion have to be turned on from menu before anyone can invade your game.

Qvoth

watching the developer stream for few days ago, man the game looks good
i just don't know if i want to buy this knowing it'll most probably become a free psn game by next year or so <_<

watching the developer stream for few days ago, man the game looks good
i just don't know if i want to buy this knowing it'll most probably become a free psn game by next year or so <_<

dude.... why wait one full yr or more

buy the game and support an amazing developer

lol smh

How much variety in the loot drops is there? Do weapons have unique abilities like they do in Diablo 3 or are they all pretty standard and you add extra things via the upgrade system?

in the 8 levels I have played so far, the upgrades have just been stat increases to be honest. That could change later on in the game but so far only stat increases

TEH-CJ

Banned
in the 8 levels I have played so far, the upgrades have just been stat increases to be honest. That could change later on in the game but so far only stat increases

I had a massive fear it would be only state increases. To be honest I will be extremely disappointed if that's the case.

dreamstation

Gold Member
I had a massive fear it would be only state increases. To be honest I will be extremely disappointed if that's the case.

I have to agree. When they announced that weapons were going to be loot drops and that they had varying grades of quality and that they could be upgraded, I was thinking there'd be some seriously cool unique abilities tied to different weapons or upgrade cores and the like. I suppose there still could be later on in the game but I'm now starting to question how deep the weapon and upgrade system really goes. Stat increases are great and all but there's an opportunity for some really crazy and unique weapon mods. Hope they haven't missed out on that.

Yeah will do, do you know when the reviews come out? I assume it's after release since it has the preorder discount

Embargo is up today so reviews will appear today, game launched tomorrow.

I won't get a review done in time for launch but I am really liking the game, very addictive

TEH-CJ

Banned
Embargo is up today so reviews will appear today, game launched tomorrow.

I won't get a review done in time for launch but I am really liking the game, very addictive

How are the graphics? Is the game like a hybrid between a top down destiny and helldivers?

I'm supposed to be doing the OT for this, but honestly don't know if I'm going to have time. Does anyone else want to take it? Otherwise it will have to be something I can quickly throw together later on this afternoon. I'm crap in art programs so no flashy banners or anything like that I'm afraid.

Top Bottom