• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New FF7:AC scans *Damn, it's Cid*

neptunes

Defensor said:
Corn rows are still very in people. What would you have said if Barret had dreads in AC?

better yet they should of wen w ith jerry curls :shudders:

little-richard.gif

cuccoo

Serafitia said:
Bleh, I never liked how similar Tifa, Rinoa, and Dagger looked. Besides, she's in the same Rinoaish pose AND there're feathers about her.

trolling, posting retarded quote that doesnt exist, you're just waiting for a ban. buddychrist posted a nice gif for you.

Alucard

Banned
They're using cellphones...Cloud is using a cellphone...I know they obviously had them in the game but Cloud using one just seems weird.

In other news, this looks fucking incredible.

Why isn't there more talk of BEFORE CRISIS? Is that a GBA game?

Damn, I think Square has a winner on their hand. I hope the US release is with subtitles. Looking fantastic. They should seriously consider screening this on the big screen. It might just work. Just let some distributor handle the marketing + costs for a cut of the screen profits.

Sales +1

jiggle

TheGreenGiant said:
Why isn't there more talk of BEFORE CRISIS? Is that a GBA game?

Damn, I think Square has a winner on their hand. I hope the US release is with subtitles. Looking fantastic. They should seriously consider screening this on the big screen. It might just work. Just let some distributor handle the marketing + costs for a cut of the screen profits.

Sales +1

Before Crisis is a cellphone game.

I wouldn't mind paying 10 bucks to see AC in the theater.

Troidal

It's pretty much summer 2004 now that we're approaching July, and they don't have a specific release date set yet. Even if it was a late summer (Aug - Sept) release, they should have announced it by now.

I smell delay...

Hmm, didn't think much of this video project but these new scans make me kinda want to see it. I don't really care what happens after FF7 storywise, but the visual style with its unique balance of realistic atmosphere and manga-fied characters is pretty intriguing and I'm interested to hear what Uematsu does with the soundtrack. This is probably better than a PS2 sequel RPG would have been, though not as cool as the black comedy themed Tron Bonne clone starring the Turks that I fantasized about ("Before Crisis" definitely doesn't count)

I don't get the Tifa/Rinoa comparison. They're both gorgeous and have dark hair, but that's about it.

Bizarro Sun Yat-sen said:
and take incomparably more resources to develop, resources that are all tied up on other projects.

If it's any good i'm sure they'll remake it later on for a handheld once they get around to actually make a game sequel to FF7. People basically want to know anything about FF7's story, so they'll want to know about this.

Mock

Banned
I always wanted a game with The Turks in it... but I wanted it on a REAL gaming format. I really don't mind handheld gamea at all and a GBA version would have been fine. But a cell phone game that only in Japan? Ugh.

I know Japan likes their cell phone games, but really, no one else does.

Bizarro Sun Yat-sen said:
"once they get around to actually make a game sequel to FF7"

i.e. hopefully never

I can't see how they could possibly ignore a FF7 sequel. There's really more demand for that than there is for brand new FF's.

belgurdo

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
There's really more demand for that than there is for brand new FF's.

Only for those obsessed with VII. Longtime fans or those who don't give a shit just wants to see the series move on.

XS+

Banned
That Docomo cellphone is SEX. PURE. UNDULTERATED. UNPROTECTED. SEX. Must buy now now right now.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
cuccoo said:
trolling, posting retarded quote that doesnt exist, you're just waiting for a ban. buddychrist posted a nice gif for you.

Right, sure. I can't begin to tell you how off base you are.

Top Bottom