• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Forza 5 gameplay

The car models in Drive Club are not even remotely in the same league as FM5. It runs at half the fps with drops and tearing, there's no AI opponents and it features arcade physics. Drive Club has some nice scenery and it's quite pretty but Forza is doing a lot more under the hood.

Wrong about car models...
Alpha build
Time trials shown

Nice troll attempt

EagleEyes

The car models in Drive Club are not even remotely in the same league as FM5. It runs at half the fps with drops and tearing, there's no AI opponents and it features arcade physics. Drive Club has some nice scenery and it's quite pretty but Forza is doing a lot more under the hood.
Listen, don't take posts from him seriously. Just look at the post history and move along in a different direction. Same should be applied to the likes other known Sony fans in an Xbox One thread. You will see a pattern and learn to just ignore them. :)

ShapeGSX

No split screen in Drive Club, either.

Of course I'm assuming FM5 will have it since FM4 did.

Bobnob

Why is Driveclub being mentioned in this thread its not even attempting to be a sim lol.It should be compared to NFS.

J-Rzez

Boy, Dan hasn't changed has he? I can picture him walking into Pep Boys wearing nothing but shoes, socks, and a trench coat, walking up to the tire display wall and flashing it, repeatedly.

Anyways, looks alright. I did have much higher expectations for this though.

adelante

Why is Driveclub being mentioned in this thread its not even attempting to be a sim lol.

Because when you're analyzing a game's graphics, you're bound to make comparisons.

And who the hell cares if that other game has a contrasting style/a different performance target/runs on a platform that's unequivocally more powerful.

Listen, don't take posts from him seriously. Just look at the post history and move along in a different direction. Same should be applied to the likes other known Sony fans in an Xbox One thread. You will see a pattern and learn to just ignore them. :)

Oh ok, thanks for the heads up.

Bobnob

Because when you're analyzing a game's graphics, you're bound to make comparisons.

And who the hell cares if that other game has a contrasting style/a different performance target/runs on a platform that's unequivocally more powerful.
Could you post the two vids your comparing of the finished games ? Please

Some people may scoff at the idea. But turning the sharpness up a little on your TV helps quite a bit (If you have a good TV)

I agree, a bit of sharpness really brought out the visuals in Horizon (and a dash of motion interpolation if your TV supports it), a shame I can't use sharpness on my TV in game mode. :(

Also if you disable motion effects from the HUD that does clean things up quite a bit too.

adelante

Could you post the two vids your comparing of the finished games ? Please

I was being sarcastic with that last remark. But if you really must know, I'm just as perplexed as you are, as to why DC is talked about a lot in here.

But then again, if people are gonna make comparisons, might as well do so with another exclusive racer.

MoneyHats

Banned
They can probably very easily turn those down. They're baked in after all. Jaggies and textures will be more difficult as improvements are costlier resource and performance wise.

And your campaign of misinformation continues....sigh. Do you even know what the term "Baked" is referring to? clearly not lol

adelante

Yeah I was confused by that comment initially, maybe the fact that F5 has baked in lighting (which has more to do with the envionment shadows than anything else really) has some people automatically assume EVERYTHING in the game is baked in. Which isn't true.

biRdy

I'm not saying Forza is amazing when I have never played or seen it in person, but judging a game's visuals from badly compressed video is wrong.

Yeah I was confused by that comment initially, maybe the fact that F5 has baked in lighting (which has more to do with the envionment shadows than anything else really) has some people automatically assume EVERYTHING in the game is baked in. Which isn't true.

Actually the shadows are not baked either, they are definitely dynamic, see bad gif below :p

Baked just means that savvy programming can add predictions where the lighting and shadows will be in advance. And the only way to achieve this is by not having day/night transitions, in other words the Sun (Light source) needs to stay in the same spot otherwise the prediction system won't work on the next lap if the sun moves... That's it!! that's all it means, the effects of moving an object against the light source are graphically identical and by no means (And is often confused) is any of the lighting or shadows baked, they are 100% real-time and dynamic.

3hgd4.gif

Top Bottom