• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Live Action Trailer Leaked

Oh come on don't act like Halo wouldn't thrive on PC. It was a computer game to begin with. No ones going to buy an Xbox One for this, especially without seeing actual gameplay.

Who hasn't seen "actual gameplay" at this point?

Also, you have absolutely no idea what people are willing to buy an Xbox One for.

Hawk269

Just watched it again with a friend. Yeah, this is what I expected out of last week's trailer. The Blue team hype is real. I liked the narration too.

Same. Just showed to a friend that dropped by. He then drove the 2.5 miles to Gamestop and bought the Forza bundle. He came over to check out Forza and while he was playing I saw this. He said between Halo and Forza that was enough for him to get the Xbox One.

This commercial was really good. Wonder what the edited "TV" version will be like. This is too long for a TV commercial, so hope the one they air on TV is cut to show some of the great scenes in this version.

OEM

Oh come on dont act like Halo wouldn't thrive on PC. It was a computer game to begin with. No ones going to buy an Xbox One for this, especially without seeing actual gameplay.

Not trying to have the game spoiled. Is it too much to ask for some gameplay that isn't spoiler intense or do halo fans just like having the game spoiled for them?

b6f50b52e868c9fa36929d04bc548896.gif

Hawk269

Oh come on dont act like Halo wouldn't thrive on PC. It was a computer game to begin with. No ones going to buy an Xbox One for this, especially without seeing actual gameplay.

Are you new to console gaming or gaming in general? There are ton of people that buy consoles for just one game or they buy for that one game and then get others. As a console and PC gamer, I know of many that went out and bought/built a PC for certain PC games alone. Halo is a huge IP and believe me, people will buy it for that one game. I have about 4-5 friends that are on 360 and they are waiting for the Halo Bundle to jump on. My local GS has as of last week about 30 pre-orders for the Halo Bundle, but yeah, no one is going to buy it for the one game alone.

gossi

Microsoft paid many many millions to shoot this and air it during the Walking Dead season premiere, and then accidentally posted it themselves. Oops.

For reference AMC charge $502k per 30 seconds this season on Walking Dead.

see5harp

It's in reference to a post earlier in the thread. Didn't feel like quoting the dude again. I thought everyone had seen the post lol.

Glass

It's in reference to a post earlier in the thread. Didn't feel like quoting the dude again. I thought everyone had seen the post lol.

I had, but with Halo's track record of threads on GAF of late, it was easier to believe it was another serious post.

Mike got offered (IMO) the role of a lifetime from Marvel, and so we either held him to our schedule or rejoiced in the idea of a live action Luke Cage TV series and let him fly free like a gold-shirted eagle.

And Ike was one of our original choices and has a wonderful voice. So everything worked out beautifully for everyone.

Whoa what, when did this happen?

Is the new voice in all the new footage that we've seen? I'm one of the few that didn't mind his voice, but I'm intrigued by this change.

Whoa what, when did this happen?

Is the new voice in all the new footage that we've seen? I'm one of the few that didn't mind his voice, but I'm intrigued by this change.

Lesse... IIRC, the only times Coulter's voiced Locke are in the H2A bookend cutscenes and Nightfall. Everything since is all Amadi.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I like how even though a child could think critically about these ads and realise MC isn't dead, a villain etc... there are consistently people getting worked up about the franchise being ruined because MC is dead, a villain etc...

Top Bottom