• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mario Golf: World Tour previews

Jagsrock

Banned
With each new preview I get more and more excited for this game. I really didn't expect much when it was first announced but it's looking great now.

Looks pretty schway. I've always enjoyed the Mario sports games. Tennis on the N64 started my love of the sport. Strikers was great. Really hope we get more. Will be ghere day one.

Shadybiz

Nice, ordering this tonight. It'll be the first time I've touched my 3DS in months. Fun golf games are like kryptonite to me (or my wallet, really).

I'll copy this part over, just because this information is all new and there still seems to be some confusion about it.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/03/preview_mario_golf_world_tour

Definitely sounds better than Mario Tennis on 3DS. Will it live up to the GBA ones? Maybe, maybe not. But it does seem to have some kind of RPG career mode.

That all sounds very, VERY promising. I was super disappointed that Tennis didn't have as robust of a single player even if it did have a few cute modes like playing wall tennis to play SMB1. Never actually picked up Mario Kart 7 either because it lacked the awesome "Mission Mode" from MK DS.

I'm not a big multiplayer guy, so having a strong single player is the most important thing for me.

That all sounds very, VERY promising. I was super disappointed that Tennis didn't have as robust of a single player even if it did have a few cute modes like playing wall tennis to play SMB1. Never actually picked up Mario Kart 7 either because it lacked the awesome "Mission Mode" from MK DS.

I'm not a big multiplayer guy, so having a strong single player is the most important thing for me.

yeah, especially for a portable. Who cares about online when im mostly playing this on my daily commute?

codhand

considering how good Hot Shots on Vita is, and how little i play it, i will probably pass on this even though it looks fun

Apparently none of these guys have played Hot Shots Golf on Vita. It does all of the things they seem to feel are new and exciting, such as asynchronous online play. Hot Shots is one hell of a game, and woefully underrated.

Having said that, I can't wait for this game. I don't know why but golf games are just so perfect for handhelds.

<3

Apparently none of these guys have played Hot Shots Golf on Vita. It does all of the things they seem to feel are new and exciting, such as asynchronous online play. Hot Shots is one hell of a game, and woefully underrated.

Having said that, I can't wait for this game. I don't know why but golf games are just so perfect for handhelds.

<3

Funny as Hot Shots was created by Camelot and some folks left to form Clap Hanz.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

<3

Its new for Mario Golf - i think thats the point. But agreed HSG on Vita is awesome, still need to go back to it at sometime.

-NeoTB1-

Yeah, I play Hot Shots on the Vita every day. It's probably my favorite golf game in a long, long time. I just started playing Powerstar Golf on the Xbox One and it's really good, too.

Anyways, the more I hear about this game the more excited I get. I already have my $29.99 Amazon pre-order in place.

I can't wait for this!

But, why doesn't Nintendo see the synergy between the 3DS and Wii U? Pikmin 3DS, Animal Crossing WiiU. Cross-buy/cross-save drives many of my Vita purchases. Even some kind of "minigame" bonus could spur sales.

dreamfall

Man, I can't wait to just play this during the summer.

I love Mario Golf, and Camelot knows how to make a good sports game. I wish there was a dedicated career mode with the RPG-lite elements from the GBC/A days, but I'll take what I can get.

It feels like awhile away! Pre-ordered on Amazon, absolutely ready.

Kouriozan

But, why doesn't Nintendo see the synergy between the 3DS and Wii U? Pikmin 3DS, Animal Crossing WiiU. Cross-buy/cross-save drives many of my Vita purchases. Even some kind of "minigame" bonus could spur sales.

It's happening, but not before next gen.
They already said that those next gen home console/handheld will be like brother/sister = easy to port a game/assets on the other console

TheBear

considering how good Hot Shots on Vita is, and how little i play it, i will probably pass on this even though it looks fun

Hot Shots on Vita is bullshit hard, only reason I stopped playing.

If this even comes close to the GBA game I will be so happy

Kouriozan

Hot Shots on Vita is bullshit hard, only reason I stopped playing.

If this even comes close to the GBA game I will be so happy
Yeah, I edited it but at first I wrote that I had so much hard time playing Hot Shot Vita, especially while putting.
Still a great game nonetheless once you know what to do.

Hots Shots on Vita got way too difficult at the end. I mean, yay realism, but good lord, all I wanna do is chill after work or school by playing a few rounds without chipping it into a bay every other shot.

Hopefully this won't be like that.

amnesiac

This.... actually looks awesome. Toadstool Tour was one of the best games on the Gamecube, looking forward to this.

Griss

Hots Shots on Vita got way too difficult at the end. I mean, yay realism, but good lord, all I wanna do is chill after work or school by playing a few rounds without chipping it into a bay every other shot.

Hopefully this won't be like that.

Once you're good, though, you really need that kind of a challenge just to keep you engaged. And if you play or watch golf in real life it's fun to have a course or two that challenges you to break par rather than courses where you're looking for a birdie on every hole, which is just pretty silly.

But imo Hot Shots / Everybody's Golf is the best golf game around. Doesn't mean there isn't a place for another great mario golf.

CANLI

there are to few characters for a 3ds game. If it was a ds game, I'd say ok but in 3ds, I can't accept this.

Besides that, the game looks great.

Game is shaping up to be pretty decent!

That roster is awesome, my main will probs be DK, Diddy, Bowser Jr. or Boo. And definitely salivating for the potential RPG comeback, loved it on GBC.

Game is shaping up to be pretty decent!

That roster is awesome, my main will probs be DK, Diddy, Bowser Jr. or Boo. And definitely salivating for the potential RPG comeback, loved it on GBC.
I don't know if it'll be a deep golf RPG like the GBC one. It seems more like a light RPG campaign where you just go through tournaments to unlock stuff.

Anyway, it's still better than the half baked Mario Tennis 3DS.

This thread is really making me want to buy the GBC game for my 3DS

EDIT: And you don't have to be friends with someone to play online, correct? You can just get matched up with anyone as easily as Mario Kart?

Sendou

EDIT: And you don't have to be friends with someone to play online, correct? You can just get matched up with anyone as easily as Mario Kart?

We don't know the specifics but you will be able to play with random people just like you can with other 3DS online games.

Velcro Fly

This is going to be the game that everyone gave up on months ago that turns out to be amazing. Always found the gameplay fun and always thought this game looked good but was worried about the actual content. These previews make it sound like there is a lot to do in the main game plus being able to play online. This and Kirby on the same day though. My goodness!

Also I'm hoping you can save hole replays like you could in the gamecube version. I still remember getting an albatross on the cheep cheep course on that game and saving the replay. It was fun lending out the game and my memory card to a friend and seeing them save a few replays for me to watch later.

Top Bottom