• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MGS3 screens

mgs3_04.jpg

mgs3_02.jpg

mgs3_03.jpg

mgs3_09.jpg

mgs3_05.jpg

mgs3_07.jpg

mgs3_10.jpg

mgs3_01.jpg

mgs3_08.jpg

Lakitu said:
Looking good.

Is that the bridge from the demo?

Yah, it was shown in a few vids of the demo that were posted.

Since they're releasing pics of the different things you can use to attack your enemies I hope they release some pics of Big Boss attacking people by throwing snakes on them.

Lakitu

st5fu
SolidSnakex said:
Yah, it was shown in a few vids of the demo that were posted.

Since they're releasing pics of the different things you can use to attack your enemies I hope they release some pics of Big Boss attacking people by throwing snakes on them.

I see. Might I be able to find these videos? Or are they gone?

bjork

Not that I was on the fence with this one or anything, but unleashing bees on people = sold.

I promise to yell SKATE OR DIE and relive my many failed games of 720 at the expense of AI soldiers. :)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Allright, I can now finally live my dreams as roleplaying the BEE KING in Metal Gear Solid 3!

Who is the Bee King? Why he's an upcoming boss from MGS 5.

TekunoRobby said:
Allright, I can now finally live my dreams as roleplaying the BEE KING in Metal Gear Solid 3!

Who is the Bee King? Why he's an upcoming boss from MGS 5.

There IS a bee boss in MGS3.

Kudie

The jungle sure does open up so many new gameplay features. I can't wait to unleash a hive of angry bees on an enemy soldier(s) for the first time; that will be funny. It looks like MGS3 will allow the player more opportunity to mess around with the enemy soldiers in unique and funny ways. Part of the fun of MGS games for me is messing around with the enemy, such as leaning against and knocking on a wall to make noise, shooting and missing an enemy to make them puzzled, throwing an enemy of a ledge, etc. MGS3 is my most anticipated game for this fall!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Screenshots never show self-shadowing...but the build at E3 had them. Why do they never show the shadows? :\

RedMaiden said:
Screenshots never show self-shadowing...but the build at E3 had them. Why do they never show the shadows? :\

It's pretty strange actually since you can see it in the videos as you mentioned. But in these pics if you look at the one with the gaurds walking across the bridge you can see their shadows.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
DCX said:
Seems pretty cool...hope the controls are dead on.

DCX

The demo I played the controls were dead on. It is simply a beautiful game, a shame the jungle is segmented into rooms. (Not nearly as free-roaming as the pictures would suggest) But this can be overlooked, KCEJ-W has done it again.

Team Kojima, masters of the ps2. Most other teams can't even make their games look decent on that hardware, yet somehow KCEJ manage to raise the bar every time. I'm still not sold on the game itself, though. ;)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wario64 said:
mgs3_10.jpg

R1? omgwtf QTE events? MGS3 = Shenmue!

No, that's just part of the whole interactive cut-scenes idea. In the cut-scene that screenshot refers to, Snakes is seen looking at enemies with a binocular from behind a tree. The camera shows him from the "outside". If you hit the R1 button you can change the point of view in real time hence looking through the binocular.

TTP said:
No, that's just part of the whole interactive cut-scenes idea. In the cut-scene that screenshot refers to, Snakes is seen looking at enemies with a binocular from behind a tree. The camera shows him from the "outside". If you hit the R1 button you can change the point of view in real time hence looking through the binocular.

So the interactive cutscenes are becoming more clear. I do hope there are some sort of Shenmue style interactive cutscenes though. Also more like the end of MGS.

B'z-chan

Banned
This makes me want to go and play Twin Snakes, cause i havent finished it yet, nor did i finish it on PSone, but i did own it. I cant wait to play this game. Too bad there wont be a Zone of Enders 3 to put the demo in like MGS2 had.

Looks good i cant wait.

Dujour

Banned
Littleberu said:
I don't remember if it was The End or The Pain. Something like that anyway
Most likely inspired by that guy in Ninja Scroll who carried a beehive on his back. I love the little homages/buh-latent ripoffs that Kojima does.

Kudie

B'z-chan said:
This makes me want to go and play Twin Snakes, cause i havent finished it yet, nor did i finish it on PSone, but i did own it. I cant wait to play this game. Too bad there wont be a Zone of Enders 3 to put the demo in like MGS2 had.

Looks good i cant wait.

Yeah, I'm also planning to play MGS:TTS to hold me over until MGS3 ships.

I hope Konomi releases a demo with one of their upcoming titles, such as SH4, Rumble Roses, Neo Contra, or the next WE. I mean, after all, they did release a demo for MGS2. So why not for MGS3?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
yeah, I don't think this year will have any clear GOTY

What's wrong with Games of the Year? 2004 is amazing. All the great games deserve equal respect. There's no possible way to choose just one.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
God's Hand said:
What's wrong with Games of the Year? 2004 is amazing. All the great games deserve equal respect. There's no possible way to choose just one.
Nonsense. Blood must be shed. Babes must weep. Then, and only then, may we have a GOTY.

The mushrooms are also in there as a nod to Miyamoto. They pointed that one out during the press conference at E3. Very funny press conference BTW. Especially the part where Kojima snipes the bird that gets in his way when he's trying to steady his aim.

Top Bottom