• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ryse: Son of Rome combat vidoc and singleplayer footage

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I dont like how they sped up the animations at some points, looks like they all have super powers. People couldnt swing their swords around that fast. but vigea gamez

Yeah, he can throw spear at supersonic speed. Graphics look amazing, but animations are a bit janky and gameplay seems a bit boring.

nib95

Banned
Graphics are STUNNING! Gameplay....not so much. But it has potential. Currently it just seems over repetitive and over simplistic. And what's with the enemies just popping out of the ground? Bit random. Still, the graphics engine is top notch and animation wise, though still not perfect, it's come a long way. Did notice a few frame rate hitches (when the scale opens up a bit, which doesn't happen often), but otherwise it's looking pretty solid.

KTallguy

Banned
The part at the end with the multiplayer is new.

Game does look spectacular, especially that part with the rain. I'm still iffy on those multi-button executions though.

Dukey

Banned
Mmmm those big titties with pasties on. So gooooooood....wait, what's happening to me.

There's no doubt in my mind who wins the early graphics war. Good job, Crytek. I hope a lot more devs license this engine.

chugen

ipprtTYq5Uqg9.gif

iZwzuJEr3phQ2.gif

iGpza4OSRzeft.gif

Derrick01

Banned
I kind of get the Batman combat comparisons people were making months ago now but at the same time it looks way worse than those games. Extremely janky and not smooth at all and it seems like everything special is controlled by a flashing colored-QTE of sorts. I doubt pulling everything off while keeping a high combo going will require anywhere near the skill and timing it does in Batman.

DukeBobby

Graphically spectacular, but the combat and animations leave a lot to be desired. It just doesn't look like fun at all.

Best looking game on XB1 but my god that gameplay looks awful.

Graphically looks amazing, gameplay still looks like shit.

Looks good but those animations are pretty stiff.

Graphics are STUNNING! Gameplay....not so much

Looks amazing graphically, and amazingly boring at the same time, combat and animation look really basic.

Graphically spectacular, but the combat and animations leave a lot to be desired. It just doesn't look like fun at all.

Ryse in a nutshell. Hopefully we're proven wrong in the end

Dukey

Banned
Suffers from the EA sports crowd syndrome. At one point the very same fat guy with ponytail is next to a doppelganger of himself fighting Marius.

Ricky_R

Looks great visually, specially the night segments with the fog and stuff. Gameplay and animations look weird though.

def sim

The combat looks like Batman with far less weapons and gadgets. Looking at the vidoc, it doesn't seem awful, just simplistic.

FoeHammer

Looks amazing. This along with Forza and DR3 might make this one of the better launches in recent memory (for me at least).

KKRT00

Terrible compression, i cant even imagine how bad it will look on gametrailers preview.

Some lighting scenes looks exceptional, some geometry in distance isnt amazing though. It has full feature set of cryengine, but dont know why they do not use wind more. Those bushes and trees were to static for this game.

AA was very good in this footage.

RayMaker

Banned
I would never of thought a 1.2tflop machine could produce such visuals, especially at launch.

I expect a high score from IGN.

and a lot of people are expecting there to be a big visual gulf in PS4 exclusives.

but after seeing RYSE I think X1 exclusives will look just as impressive despite being technically inferior.

Tratorn

Graphically it looks good, but the combat looks more than boring imo. :/
It's sad, because I really like the setting and if I would have liked the gameplay, this could have been the reason to buy a XB1 for me besides Forza.

Just makes me want a roman-themed RPG.

This has got to be a short game, I can't imagine that gameplay sustaining more than a 4 or 5 hour campaign.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Graphically it's incredible but the somewhat janky animations kind of ruin it. Stuff like that is more important now that fidelity has hit this level.

VaizardNL

Banned
Looks really great. Animations itself are very good, but it's just the timing that everyone finds quirky I guess. I think the designers/artists have just made a decision between 'realistic but slow' vs 'less realistic but more fun/faster'. I really am not bothered by this.

In my opinion it looks really fun to play.

Top Bottom