• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Splatoon map, Camp Triggerfish, releasing Friday

TheJoRu

Gonna be glorious. Nice to have something different in terms of environment; the maps in Splatoon are diverse in most areas, but the theme is mostly industrial, so this is very welcome.

Exile20

Pics of the flood gates

CKq0GY2VEAAoThr.jpg

prag16

Banned
Enough that a 3 map rotation should soon be doable.

I was clamoring for it as soon as they got to 7 or 8. My hopes are fading that they'll ever do it. But I guess there's still hope.

Not that the 3 map rotation helped that much in the last splat fest... It was the same three maps for 24 hours, andI still ended up playing the same damn map 3-4 times in a row on a couple occasions....

I hope we get more info about the August update soon. That will probably make or break my continued level of interest in this game.

phanphare

Banned
I was clamoring for it as soon as they got to 7 or 8. My hopes are fading that they'll ever do it. But I guess there's still hope.

Not that the 3 map rotation helped that much in the last splat fest... It was the same three maps for 24 hours, andI still ended up playing the same damn map 3-4 times in a row on a couple occasions....

I hope we get more info about the August update soon. That will probably make or break my continued level of interest in this game.

yeah I thought it would be standard after every region had their first splatfest. seemed like the perfect way to introduce the 3-map rotation and then have callie and marie be like, "oh you guys liked that for the splatfest? well it's standard now! fr-fr-fresh!"

honestly after playing in two splatfests I kind of hope that they keep the two map rotation but lessen the time between switches. 2-hours per rotation sounds good to me. much like the developers said with having more maps in a rotation I was choosing more well rounded weapons instead of ones specialized for certain maps. I'm going to choose my weapon differently if I'm playing on walleye and port vs. walleye, port, and kelp dome.

Have I missed a large part of the experience by not getting to play the game until I come back from studying abroad next week? I feel like it would have been better if I was getting the content rolled in from day one.

correojon

Oh man, can´t wait to fall from the tower when I swing my Dynamo Roller in the wrong direction X(

Seriously, great looking map!

If I remember correctly this was playable in one singleplayer stage, does anyone remember which one? I may take a tour before it´s out :)

Pokemaniac

Oh man, can´t wait to fall from the tower when I swing my Dynamo Roller in the wrong direction X(

Seriously, great looking map!

If I remember correctly this was playable in one singleplayer stage, does anyone remember which one? I may take a tour before it´s out :)

This particular map wasn't playable, but some of the single player maps were styled similarly.

prag16

Banned
yeah I thought it would be standard after every region had their first splatfest. seemed like the perfect way to introduce the 3-map rotation and then have callie and marie be like, "oh you guys liked that for the splatfest? well it's standard now! fr-fr-fresh!"

honestly after playing in two splatfests I kind of hope that they keep the two map rotation but lessen the time between switches. 2-hours per rotation sounds good to me. much like the developers said with having more maps in a rotation I was choosing more well rounded weapons instead of ones specialized for certain maps. I'm going to choose my weapon differently if I'm playing on walleye and port vs. walleye, port, and kelp dome.

Yeah, what really kills it for me even more than the limited selection of two is the HUGE four hour windows. 10pm to 2am eastern US is one of the time windows. When I get on at night, it's typically 100% confined to that window, so I'm stuck with the same two maps the entire time (per mode) even if I play for 3+ hours. That's awful.

I'd like to see both, 3 map rotation, 2 hour cycles. But we'll get one. Or none. I've resigned myself to this.

If they're worried about loadouts, add the ability to set, say, three custom loadouts to switch between during breaks (or even during matches, CoD style).

phanphare

Banned
Yeah, what really kills it for me even more than the limited selection of two is the HUGE four hour windows. 10pm to 2am eastern US is one of the time windows. When I get on at night, it's typically 100% confined to that window, so I'm stuck with the same two maps the entire time (per mode) even if I play for 3+ hours. That's awful.

I'd like to see both, 3 map rotation, 2 hour cycles. But we'll get one. Or none. I've resigned myself to this.

If they're worried about loadouts, add the ability to set, say, three custom loadouts to switch between during breaks (or even during matches, CoD style).

yeah that's a good point, not sure why that didn't cross my mind

the ability to change gear between matches needs to happen. they could also show what map is going to be next so you don't pick bad gear for it.

I don't think changing gear during matches should be allowed

Top Bottom