• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 'Sword & Sworcery ep' teaser trailer

oracrest

http://www.swordandsworcery.com/

What is Sword & Sworcery?

Sword & Sworcery Development Team said:
S:S&S EP is a 21st century interpretation of the archetypical old school videogame adventure, designed exclusively for Apple's iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch.

It's a mix of laid-back exploration, careful investigation & mysterious musical problem-solving occasionally punctuated by hard-hitting combat encounters. S:S&S EP is an unusual genre-bending effort with an emphasis on sound, music & audiovisual style that has been positioned as 'a brave experiment in Input Output Cinema'.

S:S&S EP has been recently described as "... an unlikely mix of Zelda and art house cinema. The game is equal parts Robert E. Howard, Shigeru Miyamoto, Tim Schaefer, with some David Lynch thrown in for good measure — but there is more to S&S than these inspirations."

superbrothers1280x1024.png

Developer Interview (not new) part 1

Developer Interview (not new) part 2

Juanadams

Banned
Holy crap!

That is probably the coolest video game trailer I've ever seen.

It just oozes of originality and style, I love it. Its something fresh in a world of video game imitators.

I'm glad I already own an Iphone cause this game would probably get me to buy one.

Juanadams said:
Holy crap!

That is probably the coolest video game trailer I've ever seen.

It just oozes of originality and style, I love it. Its something fresh in a world of video game imitators.

I'm glad I already own an Iphone cause this game would probably get me to buy one.
Thanks a lot - we had a good time making the trailer :)

deim0s said:
What's taking so long?
we've found that making games is hard sometimes, especially ones that are a little different.

ShdwDrake

Banned
I've been contemplating getting a new phone for a good while. My OG Droid is about to kick the button (the back button only works sometimes and I got a new phone sent to me today but its a dud)... the thing making me lean the way of the iPhone is the friggin gaming thread lol

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Quite nice.

It looks very special.

I'm still surprised to this day at what pixel art and animation can look like and do.

iavi

Yeah, that looks like interesting as hell. It's as if you guys took the almost relentless charm of "Super Meat Boy," beat it with an art direction similar to "Canabalt" than placed that concoction into a setting reminiscent of either "Shadow of the Colossus," or "Zelda."

And the music, it is awesome! Looking forward to this one, for sure.

I have been in love with this game's style since the first moment I saw it and I am extremely disappointed that I will never get to play it.

If there is any chance of it ever appearing on another platform, please, explore those options! :)

ezekial45

Banned
I'm very intrigued by this. I just hope my Iphone 3g can handle it (It chugs a bit when playing Angry Birds and Puzzle Quest).

Eccocid

Damn i was just wondering what happened to S&S few days ago and now there is a new trailer!

One of the most hyped games for me this year. Looks stunning!

Raoh

this looks promising.. a few more games like this and i'll have no choice but to get an ipad..

i'm going to hold out and see what sony's tablet has to offer but this game looks like some serious fun

MercuryLS

Banned
Cromulent_Word said:
Hope you guys liked our trailer ;)

Is there any chance of you guys porting this to Android (specifically for Honeycomb tablets)?

I've ben waiting for this game for a long time, I cannot wait to try it out!

couple quick pieces of info:

- will work fine on 3G/3GS
- iPhone/Touch wont come out long after iPad. Lets say 3-4 weeks.
- no plans for android at present. small team means focusing on one platform (iOS)
- thanks for the love!

V_Ben

Banned
Cromulent_Word said:

- iPhone/Touch wont come out long after iPad. Lets say 3-4 weeks.
- no plans for android at present. small team means focusing on one platform (iOS)
- thanks for the love!

Nathan... have I told you that I love you? Thank you for the 3G compatibility :D

V_Ben

Banned
disappeared said:
Perhaps this is inappropriate, but is a PSN/Xbox Live release out of the question?

While I can't speak for them... XBLA would be tricky unless they found a publisher (Can't self publish). PSN would likely be easier... but I dunno if the game would work well on a device without a touch screen. It looks like it's been designed around them.

...Unless it was a Move game.

disappeared said:
Perhaps this is inappropriate, but is a PSN/Xbox Live release out of the question?

I was about to ask the same thing. Even a DS version would be sweet.
Though I'll probably get it on iphone. mobile phones are not my ideal gaming platform.

V_Ben said:
While I can't speak for them... XBLA would be tricky unless they found a publisher (Can't self publish). PSN would likely be easier... but I dunno if the game would work well on a device without a touch screen. It looks like it's been designed around them.

...Unless it was a Move game.

Ah, that makes sense. I didn't know touch functionality was a big part of it. Maybe one day when I jump into Apple's playground.

disappeared said:
Not inappropriate at all. The game is designed for touch, so that makes porting to console is pretty tough (or maybe impossible) and bringing it beyond iOS isn't on our radar right now.

EDIT: exactly what v_ben said too. haha.

V_Ben

Banned
disappeared said:
Ah, that makes sense. I didn't know touch functionality was a big part of it. Maybe one day when I jump into Apple's playground.

Does say it in bold in the OP :p

"Designed exclusively for..." :)

Cromulent_Word said:
Not inappropriate at all. The game is designed for touch, so that makes porting to console is pretty tough (or maybe impossible) and bringing it beyond iOS isn't on our radar right now.

EDIT: exactly what v_ben said too. haha.

Thanks for the reply.

Empty

what a great art style.

Cromulent_Word said:

oh i guess this means there's no chance of it working on my first gen ipod touch, then. curses, the teaser was great and i love the studios' other games. oh well, c'est la vie.

Empty said:
what a great art style.

oh i guess this means there's no chance of it working on my first gen ipod touch, then. curses, the teaser was great and i love the studios' other games. oh well, c'est la vie.
We have a 1st Gen iTouch at the studio. We haven't spent much time playing S+S on it, but the last time we did it worked OK. Much slower loads than newer/faster devices, but it still playable.

LCfiner

Who would've guessed in 2008 that there'd be port begging for iPhone games?

there's some real great people working on the platform, really cool stuff out there.

LCfiner said:
Who would've guessed in 2008 that there'd be port begging for iPhone games?

there's some real great people working on the platform, really cool stuff out there.
I wish we didn't have to worry about the lower-powered devices, but any type of iterative hardware is going to have that problem... and everything mobile has to be iterative :(

Top Bottom