• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Order: 1886 trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanaChie

Banned
Anyone feeling generous enough to hook my avatar up with a gentlemanly 'stache at all? Would be much appreciated!

First time trying:
RacmTap.png

damn, beaten :(

GavinUK86

Glad its not just me I have watched this trailer so many damn times, worried when I get to work tomorrow its going to be on our new video loop.

I'm always afraid of analyzing trailers too much incase I spot something that could be a huge spoiler. The smaller things that I might miss the one time through.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm always afraid of analyzing trailers too much incase I spot something that could be a huge spoiler. The smaller things that I might miss the one time through.
RaD's been super careful with footage from this one so I doubt there's much in the way of spoilers. Someone even said the Japanese cut had a different tone in some of the conversations, friendlier instead of contentious, so they could even be intentionally misleading people.

Yeah I've watched it probably 100 times now. Joins the rank of best trailers for videogames.
Yep. Gives me flashbacks to KZ2 trailers and gifs. The muted color palette, the brutality, the huge step ahead of everything else in visuals seems so similar to those PS3 days.

RaD's been super careful with footage from this one so I doubt there's much in the way of spoilers. Someone even said the Japanese cut had a different tone in some of the conversations, friendlier instead of contentious, so they could even be intentionally misleading people.

There's two scenes where the tone feels different.

The part where the young rebel dude said "you have no idea, etc" sounded like a threat in English, implying that their group has strong backing. However, the Japanese version has him saying "you're not seeing the real enemy!" sounded like a plead and comes from a position of weakness more than a threat.

And I've already said how the last conversation between Galahad and Elder Knight sounded different.

DevilFox

Yep. Gives me flashbacks to KZ2 trailers and gifs. The muted color palette, the brutality, the huge step ahead of everything else in visuals seems so similar to those PS3 days.

True. KZ2 to me was also the beginning of PS3's rise, that looked pretty boring up to that point. Ironically, KZ2 released at the end of February, like The Order, and later that year we also had Uncharted 2, Demon's Soul and a Batman game and guess what, we're having a sequel to all of these franchises this year. I had a good feeling about 2015, now I understand why! :D

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, so I'm reading The Order Exposed (clearly viral marketing, awesome nonetheless) and found this:

UcrxtfwvRahfzVuyzwXspgbIsfedXgys

Any idea what to do with it?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Folks, we are really trying to cut back on silly hype threads. If there's nothing substantive to discuss, we are moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom