• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Logical Step for Forza Horizon 6

Stuart360

I wonder how feesable it would be to do something like use the Flight Sim tech and have the entire planet in the game. Probably not feesable as being a car game you would be very low to the ground and wouldnt get away with the graphics breakint up at ground level like you can with a flight simulator. It would be amazing though if possible lol.

I'd love them to drop the whole festival thing, or atleast make it more realistic. I tolertate the whole festival thing because the gameplay is so damn fun, and the variety is so high, but having to deal with these edgelords is mind numbing.

I'd really like if they turned it into something like Pilotwings, or at least included the option as activities to do. Boat races, planes, sky diving, helicopters, whatever.

Races like Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed would be amazing.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Japan next gen only with RT during gameplay this time! They are the only studio right now to pull that off and the setting is perfect for a Horizon game.
country_image_Japan.jpg

AerialviewofJapan.jpg

japan-id-card-2-banner.jpg

Let the series breathe a while with long term support for 5 and explore other ideas and IPs along with Fable. We have had four of these games throughout the Xbox One life cycle, a repeat of that this time with Series X and fatigue might creep in.

Why not a PGR reboot or something in the spirit of a Blur or Wipeout and when it’s time for FH6, perhaps Japan.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

It has to be Japan. It's what the fans want I think.

But there are other locations that would be great. Germany with the autobahn and Nordschleife would be a dream come true. The Swiss Alps have some serious roads.

Italy could be good, especially with the exotic car history over there.

Turk1993

It has to be Japan. It's what the fans want I think.

But there are other locations that would be great. Germany with the autobahn and Nordschleife would be a dream come true. The Swiss Alps have some serious roads.

Italy could be good, especially with the exotic car history over there.
We already had part of Italy in 2 so i don't think they will ever go back there.

McCheese

What I'd like
- Japan
- Vehicle damage model
- VR support on PC

What I'll get
- Buy the £160 ultimate deluxe edition and play 2 weeks early

BigBooper

Make it a loose interpretation of northern Africa, with Egyptian pyramids and deserts combined with jungles, tundra, and wild animals.

sainraja

I’m still waiting on FH5 to release but just going by what I’ve played in the serie before I want two things. Nitro boost and mud physics.

They should keep going with cars, I didn’t like bikes in Driveclub or Motorstorm or just about any game besides Trials/Kickstart so I don’t want that.
Agree with you about adding nitro boost and physics (I would also want crashes like Burnout games). As for bikes, I think Burnout Paradise did an awesome job with adding bikes and kept the same type of gameplay with cars. They can do the same with Horizon.

Honestly, I just want it to be ditto to Burnout Paradise. It already borrows a lot from it. They should go all the way.

Last edited:
Just on demand alone they should get Japan knocked out. Being the first Horizon game on T10's new engine it would be a really great showcase and could be Japan done right. With mountain roads and the highway system incorporated, it would basically be Tokyo Extreme Racing meets Initial D in an open-world setting.

I'd also like to see one based in Russia around the Saint Petersburg area.

Turk1993

Forza Horizon 6 - Japan
Forza Horizon 7 - Turkey
I would love Turkey, it also fits Forza Horizon perfectly. The variety of biomes and new and old historical places are perfect match for Horizon. Huge cities, big mountains, lots of beaches, big open fields, long underground tunnels, big long bridges that connect Asia with EU. And every location feels unique
cappadocia-3.jpg

Pamukkale-3.jpg

D915-yolu.jpg

50824179478_9b4c754f99_b.jpg

Beaches-In-Antalya.jpg

T%C3%BCrkiyedeki-Tarihi-Yerler.jpg

5-1030x430.jpg

NinjaBoiX

FH6 should be Japan finally.
A bit more underground street racing culture festival. Just change up some stuff.
FH7 should ditch the numbered release and be FH World. Just like Flight Sim you should be able to drive the whole planet thanks to satellite data and cloud.

That's fitting for a late into the generation game and should be possible in 2027/2028
Do you know how expensive that would be? And how long it would take?

Flight Sim works to uphold the illusion of fidelity because in the main you’re really far away, it’s a whole different story at ground level. Particularly with the visual bar that’s been set with modern racing games.

This just ain’t gonna happen.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I think a full reboot. As someone whose played all of these games for 100’s of hours, 5 is starting to feel a little derivative, even if i love a lot about it. They should do what turn 10 is doing with motorsport. Take the next five or 6 years off of forza horizon, overhaul the engine. Change the progression, make each car matter more, rather than throwing 6 of them at you in wheel spins. I hope horizon 6 has less to do, but whats there is way more meaningful, if that makes sense

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
Well, they would need a different dev cycle, right now they pump out Horizon games quickly because they dont need to change too much. A new approach would take more time.

Some great suggestions in this thread - I would support most of them tbh :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Couple of more off the wall suggestions from me:

Music: figure out a deal with Spotify or Apple Music and stream in the tracks to get around licensing, keep the music fresh etc. Forza Radio stations. Wouldn’t need to employ DJs, just keep the talky bits generic and have someone keep the playlists up to date. Surely possible in this fully digital world?

Police. Totally optional. But could do some great stories/modes/dlc about the police trying to shut the festival down, catch the drivers etc. I used to love a good police chase game.

Verchod

Stream line that cat list. The games may boast 500 cars, but they're the same cars we've had in horizon and Motorsport for years. I know that do add new ones, which is great, but they often remove ones that have been in for ages but put them in as barn finds or dlc. Trim it back, really think about what cars make sense in this environment.

1) No more cross-gen (use SSD to it fullest to eliminate all texture pop-in)
2) Go to Japan (community has asked for this location since forever)
3) Make major $$$

Bigger Map > Several Large Cities > Proper PGR Style Implementation

So you can have the Horizon festival stuff, and the PGR street racing championships. Two games in one! :messenger_ok:

edit - I would also love them to do a micromachines style version set in a house, back yard etc. And bring back all the hotwheels and lego stuff too

Last edited:
Top Bottom