• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
Twas posted on Reddit under the title "Saved you guys a month of waiting. Thank me whenever."

It's been posted before and called fake. But it's been guessed at by a lot of different people. It fits the "Loop", and "8" and "Infinity" rumors all together.

Why new thread?

Please stop
ibzR73Jn4EVUFi.gif
on each other said Stumpokapow.

Since it is only one hour long I expect two games at most. Rest will be saved for E3, including third party stuff. Focus is on features, design, social, TV and Kinect.

It's been posted before and called fake. But it's been guessed at by a lot of different people. It fits the "Loop", and "8" and "Infinity" rumors all together.

When was this? I haven't seen that before and doing a Google search for it doesn't seem to come up with anything.

Putty

If it turns out as the leaks suggest, i'm in, if it turns out better, then er, i'm also in 8)

It will take its position next to my PS4 and my swanky PC.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I can't remember, there have been so many next gen Xbox threads this year. I know I've seen it before on GAF.

[LIVE] Microsoft CES 2012 conference of infinite possibilites

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
If they're waiting until late May, why not just wait a little longer and do the reveal at E3? Why set up two expensive conferences when you can just put on one?

Nice Stump :)
I'll ask again - who does MS have to tell us the specs? I don't think it will be Don or Phil - or are they not going to bother with details?
No specs, takes too long. They are going to show the design, mention that it is a true next gen console and powerful, 8 cores, 8GB RAM, Kinect, and that's it. No details, unless they upgraded the specs so much they beat the PS4, which is unlikely.

Focus will be on entertainment, TV and features. Maybe one or two games. Rest at E3.

CookTrain

If they're waiting until late May, why not just wait a little longer and do the reveal at E3? Why set up two expensive conferences when you can just put on one?

E3 is a mishmash of competing attention, everyone is talking over each other and battling out to be the top dog in a week long battle royale of awesome.

May 21st, gamers will all now be watching for one thing.

Spongebob

Banned
Whilst I am wholeheartidly dissapointed with kinect 1, find my self wanting to know more about Kinect 2.0.
Kinect 2.0 specs have already been leaked, colour resolution has been significantly improved (480p to 1080p), but latency is still too high at 60ms.

Don't a lot of publishers have pre-E3 events? It would free up developers to talk about the next XBOX version instead of just the PS4 one. Also Microsoft will be spending the most marketing anyway.

I don't understand why they would cut off the edge on the B in the new logo but keep it in the mail out. Seems fake to me.

Please stop peeing on each other.

il_570x_N_172714498.jpg

Will be pissed IRL if there's no BC option. You've got 26 days to make this happen, MS. I hope they hire a new presenter who can comfortably present without coming off like a marketing droid with the way these corporations insist upon speaking to the audience.

BossLackey

Gold Member
New consoles are always exciting. As much as I respect PC gaming, they don't get these kind of things. Looking forward to it.

Ghazi

Why 10 AM on a Tursday? At least have it later in the afternoon so I can watch it live and see some home baked GAF meltdowns.

The rumour of it being called Infinity has been posted before and confirmed fake, but this specific picture hasn't. It's plausible.

Bgamer90

Banned
Huge thread at Reddit about this

WS6ikqe.png

I wonder if it's real. I like the name

Fake. The logo is too close to the bottom. Should be dead center -- easy thing to catch in terms of it being fake.

I like the tagline and thought behind the logo though.

CookTrain

The rumour of it being called Infinity has been posted before and confirmed fake, but this specific picture hasn't. It's plausible.

The name is plausible, the picture isn't. That did not come out of a press kit from MS unless their graphic design standards have dropped considerably. That's just some thrown together text by someone trying to catch people out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom