• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He's 38, if he wants a last chance at a cup he's not going to NY. If he just wants to play the rest of his career out close to home and get a pay check then, NY it is.

Razorskin

----- ------
Trading St. Louis is stupid for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that Tampa is already stockpiled with good young talent. We're not moving Marty to get more of that, we're looking to move some of that depth for a top four defenseman, which is what we need.

You also don't trade your captain and an elite player when you're still in serious contention for a playoff spot and more. And Marty has a no-move clause and would likely veto any trade. And he really has no reason to hold a grudge against Yzerman anymore since he won his gold medal. And he wants to win another championship in Tampa.

It's a stupid notion.

Surprise Motherfucker

Quick

Banned
Gust of Wind with Daft Punk is blowing my mind, so good.

daftpunk2.gif

ZeroGravity

In all honesty, if that's the way St. Louis really feels, then fuck him. I can completely understand and sympathize with him in the immediate aftermath of being snubbed. He's an emotional guy. But he got on the team, he won his gold medal, and if he's still going to hold that against Yzerman, then he's just being selfish and petty.

He's been with this team a lot longer than Yzerman, and it'd be pretty fucking tragic to throw away his legacy over something this stupid. Not to mention he's supposed to be the captain of the team, and now he supposedly wants to abandon his teammates. Fuck that. You better have a damn good reason as a captain of a team to request a trade, and this isn't it.

Also fuck Yzerman for not putting him on the team in the first place and causing this whole mess. And fuck Mike Babcock just because.

That all said, I would still be surprised if he gets traded. Someone is going to have a talk with him at some point and talk him down from the ledge.

Socreges

Banned
MSL kinda seems like a drama queen...

He had to "sleep on" the decision on whether or not he'd play for Team Canada and now is suddenly requesting a trade.

ZeroGravity

MSL has always been a "fuck you I don't need you" kinda guy through his career. He wouldn't be the player he is if he wasn't.
The fact that he played his best hockey this season after the snub is proof of that.

But he should realize that he's playing for the Tampa Bay Lightning. He's not playing for Steve Yzerman. He shouldn't be hurting his team over this.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How is Price injured? Celebrating?

It turns out that Carey Price injured his neck during the Olympics. Wearing a gold medal everywhere can take it's toil.

Habs beat writers have thought he's been dealing with a nagging injury for a few months now, he re-aggravated it during the Olympics making his numbers even more impressive.

Hunter S.

Just keep S. Louis out of the West.

Seems fair to not be happy about his Olympic situation. That team was huge and he is small. Hopefully this screws Yzerman. I mean Yzerman played for Detroit he is obviously thug scum for life.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
MSL kinda seems like a drama queen...

He had to "sleep on" the decision on whether or not he'd play for Team Canada and now is suddenly requesting a trade.
As near as I can tell from the reports, he initially asked for the trade last month. It just sounds like he's never rescinded that request.

Also fuck Yzerman for not putting him on the team in the first place and causing this whole mess. And fuck Mike Babcock just because.

Nah, Bab's gets too much heat, he is a pretty decent coach and knows what he is doing....

Red Wings lines for today
Franzen-Dats-Bert
Abby-Helm-Alfie
Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco
Miller-Andy-Nyquist

SCREW YOU BABCOCK, SCREW YOU. PUTTING NYQUIST ON THE BOTTOM LINE AND HAVING BERT ON THE FIRST!!!

Did I mention I am happy hockey is back?

Marty is whiny bitch if true
Naw I wouldn't think of him like that. He's a guy who has been told "no" at every step in his career. Scored at near 2PPG in the NCAA and wasn't drafted, refused a tryout by MTL (he said he'll never accept a trade to MTL because of that) and others and had to work far harder to break in than 99% other player. I don't agree with his actions but he is who he is because of his adversity, so I respect his choice to move on.

Top Bottom