• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

zroid

Banned
Bq79cQs.png

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So Max Pacioretty and the Leafs have scored the same amount of goals in their last 8 games or something right?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So Max Pacioretty and the Leafs have scored the same amount of goals in their last 8 games or something right?
After getting shutout last night, Patches has officially scored the same amount of goals in the last 9 games as the Leafs.

WtCIRib.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
Thread title fails to mention Cleary although OP contains his lovely portrait. Partial credit.

It's been months now and I still can't get over the fact that it looks like Cleary was just pepper sprayed in that pic. :lol

Red_Man

I'd stay away from Meyers, too much risk for what Buffalo would be asking for.

You forgot someone

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/4f/69/41/4f6941e3be7216ce624812e654569c07.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

[quote="zroid, post: 150076058"]Cleary can never be forgotten[/QUOTE]

Dang it guys! And I thought we were in the clear[spoiler]y[/spoiler] when I saw the title and OP.

[quote="SmackCrackleNPop, post: 150077879"]Report: Ducks, Sabres have held 'regular talks' on Tyler Myers [url]http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/692305[/url][/QUOTE]

Yeah, if Meyers is moved he is going to Detroit or the Ducks most likely, both teams are probably leading the pack on him and Holland said we will either made a huge big name acquisition this year or nothing at all:

[quote]"Anaheim GM Bob Murray doesn't want Myers going to the Red Wings - or anywhere else for that matter - and has held regular talks with Buffalo," Garrioch writes.[/quote]

[quote]Holland "I don't see us doing any soft rentals, we'll either do something bigger or we'll sort of sit tight"

Holland if that cure all trade target is out there "the forward you're talking about has to be a top 6 forward"

Holland "bottom line I'm only going to do a deal that we think a player can come in and be better than the players I just mentioned" (D, Z, Tatar)[/quote]

So Ducks GAF. How is Bork doing in your lineup? I'm curious

He's physically there or in the press box. He's been inconsistent, some nights he at least shows he knows where to be offensively and other nights you don't notice him at all. Good shot when he has the chances. Of course, he doesn't bury those sweet Getzlaf passes.

Better than Allen except we're stuck with him another year.

Cake Boss

Banned
The popularity of Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis has grown since the organization sent out word pretty much every player is available except for winger James van Riemsdyk and defenceman Morgan Rielly. “There’s a lot of scouts watching the Leafs right now,” noted a league executive. The scouts are starting to circle with interest in forwards Phil Kessel, Joffrey Lupul, Mike Santorelli, Leo Komarov along with defencemen Dion Phaneuf, Cody Franson and Korbinian Holzer. Though Kessel and Phaneuf are likely off-season deals, both may be moved. The talk is the Devils, Flames and Stars have an interest in Phaneuf. A player who won’t be going anywhere is winger David Clarkson. Not only does he have $5.25-million cap hit, he still has more than $20 million coming in signing bonus of the seven-year, $36.75-million deal he signed in July, 2013 .

Hehehe

He's physically there or in the press box. He's been inconsistent, some nights he at least shows he knows where to be offensively and other nights you don't notice him at all. Good shot when he has the chances. Of course, he doesn't bury those sweet Getzlaf passes.

Better than Allen except we're stuck with him another year.

:( can we both agree that was a lose-lose for both teams ?

I think our best trade was Moen for Gonchar. I think Beaulieu is learning a lot from him. Huge Respect for Gonchar.

:( can we both agree that was a lose-lose for both teams ?

I think our best trade was Moen for Gonchar. I think Beaulieu is learning a lot from him. Huge Respect for Gonchar.

For sure a lateral losing move. Neither players are to be noticed. We just needed a healthy forward. Bryan Allen was solid his second year here once he stayed in his limited role. (He used to try to skate the puck out or make outlet passes when Cam Fowler was his partner).

Ducks need some help still. We want a top 6 winger and a legit top 4 defenseman. Bork is very available...

Red_Man

A 'maintenance day' for Sergei Gonchar; Weaver takes his spot with Beaulieu. Gabriel Dumont in for Bournival. Tokarski starts in goal.
I'm okay with Dumont replacing Bournival, even if he should be replacing Malholtra. Not sure if Gonchar will be out for the game or not.

Edit: NM Weaver is in for Gonchar today.

Oh so the Ducks are going to trade Ritchie for Myers?

Seems like a decent trade.

EDIT: Speaking of the Bulldogs I watched them play against Iowa last night. Really good AHL team you guys have there. Lots of skill from quite a few players. Made the Wild look pretty silly most of the time.

Red_Man

Yotes using a Quebec kid who's getting his first start. I'm excited for him to get a 42 save shutout today.

Oh so the Ducks are going to trade Ritchie for Myers?

Seems like a decent trade.

EDIT: Speaking of the Bulldogs I watched them play against Iowa last night. Really good AHL team you guys have there. Lots of skill from quite a few players. Made the Wild look pretty silly most of the time.
They've actually been pretty meh this year, they're just on a 6 game winning streak right now which is their best of the year. The coach for the team is an idiot and misuses a lot of the players.

God I hate early afternoon games, although this time it's saving me from having to watch the Pens lose again. January was pretty shit for us, I'm not sure when we'll pull out of this funk.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
He's a career AHLer, but he's been one of the Dogs best forwards the past 2-3 weeks and we need a boost in the bottom 6.

I was hoping he would be our eventual fourth line centre, but year after year that hope dies a bit. Just doesn't have that extra gear needed for the NHL.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So as the Leafs continue to drive off the cliff it is looking more and more likely we can hit that #5 spot.

Currently we're 7th worst.

Only 1pt up on 6th worst New Jersey with a game in hand.

3pts up on 5th worst Columbus with 3 games in hand.

Then from there we have an outside chance to possibly even get to third worst.

4th worst Carolina and 3rd worst Arizona are only 8 points behind us with 2 games in hand.

tumblr_m0y2er4VfJ1qztjn5o1_500.png

zroid

Banned
Then from there we have an outside chance to possibly even get to third worst.

4th worst Carolina and 3rd worst Arizona are only 8 points behind us with 2 games in hand.

tumblr_m0y2er4VfJ1qztjn5o1_500.png

I don't really think Arizona passing us is realistic as they're going to be sellers, but Carolina has been playing well of late (legitimately, not just Buffalo winning streak well).

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I don't really think Arizona passing us is realistic as they're going to be sellers, but Carolina has been playing well of late (legitimately, not just Buffalo winning streak well).

Well as I said an outside chance. I only included them because they have the same amount of points as Carolina.

At this point a two game win streak can go a long way in pushing someone out.

Either way I'm hoping for top 5, anything lower than that is just icing on the cake.

My only worry now is once we trade guys we somehow get better through hard work. But then again we'll be trading a lot of our third line guys who are actually the good players on this team so maybe not...

zroid

Banned
Well as I said an outside chance. I only included them because they have the same amount of points as Carolina.

At this point a two game win streak can go a long way in pushing someone out.

Either way I'm hoping for top 5, anything lower than that is just icing on the cake.

Yeah top 5 (almost) guarantees one of Hanifin, Marner, or Strome, who are all close to equal in my eyes. I'm good with that.

edit: christ, the lottery odds changed more than I thought... 5th worst only gives you a 63% chance at a top 5 pick. that's terrible! F U Bettman.

Red_Man

Best part about this Leafs slide they're on is it is directly following Shanahan saying "We're going to see what we have here and analyze everyone" after they fired Carlyle. Not much to see.

Top Bottom