• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Quick

Banned
WelllitDiscreteIrukandjijellyfish.0.gif

leafsqhsfs.gif

4f6941e3be7216ce624812e654569c07.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This month will be dedicated to the advanced stats community, where Clearsi and Dopeystats will reign

Montresor

It's Friday. Two Leaf games this weekend, which should be nice. Plus, I have the entire week off next week! I'm pretty much gonna play Evil Within and Sunset Overdrive the whole week lol. And then watch Interstellar next weekend.

It would feel great for the Leafs to play competently on HNIC against an elite team. Fingers crossed for Saturday night against the Hawks.

So Sunset Overdrive is a pretty awesome game. I thought it was decent the first 2 hours I played it, but the next day I went back and everything with the traversal and combat just clicked, now I'm having a complete blast!

keezy

So Sunset Overdrive is a pretty awesome game. I thought it was decent the first 2 hours I played it, but the next day I went back and everything with the traversal and combat just clicked, now I'm having a complete blast!

I agree. It's a lot of fun. I had to get my NHL fix in yesterday though. Need more time to play all these games.

I need to ask this Is sunset overdrive more like ratchet and clank or does it feel entirely different from the other insomniac games?

Also 8-2-1 isn't a bad start at all for Habs I'm quite pleased but Jesus.. Their PPs are crap.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bob McKenzie, on TSN 690, on Burrows' hit on Emelin: "I don't think there's any question there's going to be a suspension in this case."
I'll be surprised, but I hope he's right.

From the post game blog of the Wild/Sharks game:
Koivu got into it with Jumbo Joe bigtime. The second the final whistle blew, Koivu went right at Joe Thornton and got into a war of words. Thornton had hit Koivu earlier, but I’m pretty sure Koivu was also fuming because Thornton got in Zach Parise’s face in OT. Koivu was fiery hot at the bench (I’ve been there), and just stared at Thornton and stared and barked after Thornton comically motioned to center ice to fight Koivu.

Yah, would have loved to have seen that.

That stare from Koivu, I’ve been there, too. It’s frightening.

Koivu got the last laugh so to speak with his signature shootout move. They all know it’s coming. Heck, Antti Niemi, Koivu’s countryman, certainly knew it was coming. And yet Koivu still has the ability to stick that puck right under the bar for the equalizer after Logan Couture gave the Sharks an early 1-0 lead in the shootout. It was Koivu’s 37th career shootout goal, tying Parise and Brad Boyes for first in the NHL.

Good game Acid and Sharks gaf. That was a lot of fun to watch.

Foggy

Have fun against the Columbus Mash Unit/Springfield Falcons tonight Leafs-GAF. Not sure if I'll be around to partake in the horror.

Apparently the Jackets front office is getting more aggressive in replacing Nathan Horton who may never even play the damn game again :(

Evander Kane sure would be nice, but I wouldn't be shocked if the front office waits until the season ends before getting real aggressive about it.

I need to ask this Is sunset overdrive more like ratchet and clank or does it feel entirely different from the other insomniac games?

Also 8-2-1 isn't a bad start at all for Habs I'm quite pleased but Jesus.. Their PPs are crap.

Never played a Ratchet and Clank game so I don't know if it plays differently, I just know it is a lot of fun once you nail the controls down, sorry.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Hasn't clicked for me yet, feels like a typical open world game so far. I think I'm at about two hours though so hopefully something changes.

Hasn't clicked for me yet, feels like a typical open world game so far. I think I'm at about two hours though so hopefully something changes.

That was about the time I had put into it before it clicked with me, also upgrading your amps, overdrives (once you unlock them), and some extra traversal moves really make the game stand out, oh and upgrading your weapons by using them. The hand cannon you get at the beginning becomes a beast at level 3 with some amps attached as well.

That was about the time I had put into it before it clicked with me, also upgrading your amps, overdrives (once you unlock them), and some extra traversal moves really make the game stand out, oh and upgrading your weapons by using them. The hand cannon you get at the beginning becomes a beast at level 3 with some amps attached as well.

Yeah I agree. Doesn't sound like I am as far as you but it certainly took a bit of time for me to really get the controls down. Was not having much fun at first but once I figured out how to really play it the way it is supposed to be played, it certainly became a lot more fun.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Why are we over here already? Only commies (and Aussies, I guess) are in November right now.

Anyway, more importantly, Stepan is back at practice today.

b1slh4jiuaa5fwkfwu7d.jpg

Red_Man

Bulldogs are playing for some reason at noon, and the steam looks like a TSN highlight clip from 1998.

Anton Stralman leads all defensemen in +/- and is tied for second in scoring.

Yzerman does it again.
People still reference +/-?

ShaneB

New thread before November. What kind of sorcery is this?!

It's all good.

Caps/Lightning on Saturday night should be fun to watch.

Samyy

Bulldogs are playing for some reason at noon, and the steam looks like a TSN highlight clip from 1998.

People still reference +/-?

+/- is decent if you look at it over the long-term
For a season though its pretty much useless.

Samyy

Just learned that Roman Josi was also drafted with another traded Leaf pick.... it never ends

Also 1 month into the Leafs season it might be interesting to see how players have been used, obviously the results are somewhat...skewed after that Buffalo game.

aNu7qJy.png

Off ZS% is essentially what percentage of that players starts are in the offensive zone over their total starts.
TOI Competion % is essentially looking at QoC and TOI, the higher it is the higher their TOI against high QOC opponents.
The circle colour is Corsi Rel % - blue is a positive corsi rel, red is negative.

Winnik is like really good.
All our 4th liners have either played like trash or, given their limited TOI the sample is really too small, I think its a combo of both.
Percy played really well considering his zone starts and TOI competition %.
Also while its easy to knock Robidas and Polak they are really playing some of the tougher minutes, now that each one has been paired with one of Rielly/Gardiner, it'll be interesting to see how this chart changes for the defensemen. I think this graph is mainly based on when Gardiner and Rielly were playing together.

Red_Man

Gave into the hockey player costume idea. Too cheap to spend $80 on a shitty costume. Should use a friends Leafs jersey so I can throw it around.

Samyy

Nylander confirms he'll be attending WJC, kinda wish I had bought tickets now :/
Wait you can still only buy the tournament package? No individual games?

Top Bottom