• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2016 |OT| Friendship ended with PK, now Shea is my best friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
8f3D8xv.gif

imBask

Banned
Oilers media might be worst than Leafs media. How the fuck do you get smug about winning when you're covering the Oilers

imBask

Banned
We finished at the top of the standings the 2 seasons prior to that streak though. Oilers have been hot trash for 10 years

Solo

Crazy that if Habs beat Vancouver (who ended last year's opening run), they'll have a better first 10 games than last year's first 10 games.

2015: 9-1-0 18 points
2016: 9-0-1 19 points (if they win on Wednesday)

Although of course we all know what happened after 10 games last year. The reality is that the Habs aren't as bad as last year's collapse, nor as good as this season's start. They'll level off here soon enough.

Also, in Nashville news, Johansen/Neal/Forsberg have combined for 1 goal in 8 games. Fucking LOL.

Crazy that if Habs beat Vancouver (who ended last year's opening run), they'll have a better first 10 games than last year's first 10 games.

2015: 9-1-0 18 points
2016: 9-0-1 19 points (if they win on Wednesday)

Although of course we all know what happened after 10 games last year. The reality is that the Habs aren't as bad as last year's collapse, nor as good as this season's start. They'll level off here soon enough.

Also, in Nashville news, Johansen/Neal/Forsberg have combined for 1 goal in 8 games. Fucking LOL.

Yes but im sure theyll find a way to blame Subban.

Delryk

Brock Seguin 〽️ ‏@Brock_Seguin 1m1 minute ago
The Habs have sent Mikhail Sergachev to Windsor. Great news for the Spitfires.

Good move .. not like they need him this year anyway!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers lineup in practice today:

Vesey-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Zibanejad-Zuccarello
Grabner-Hayes-Miller
Buchnevich-Pirri-Fast

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Holden
Skjei-Klein

Lindberg and Clendening as extras.

I wonder if Holden got his hands on the same incriminating pictures of AV that Taylor Pyatt must have had when he was here.

Oh and Montreal sent Sergachev back to the OHL

He will definitely be in the Opening Night Roster next season. I'm okay with this transfer

I just realized we have another Prospect with Windsor and that's Addison. He seems like he could be good 3rd liner for Habs later on

I would like to remind everyone that the November OT and other Month OTs will be in Off Topic Community for the rest of the season.

So don't forget. I'll post the next OT link here Tomorrow. I hope the new members stick around :D

Canucks getting back on pace for 65 points, but I am fully on the Stecher train. Called up on short notice, plays 3 games in 4 nights averaging over 20 minutes a game, and doesn't look out of place at all. Having him actually hit the net on the PP is amazing. Will be interesting what happens when Tanev comes back. 3 games at home with the last change is a small sample size.

Eriksson has been disappointing but it's only been 9 games on a new team. I still like Hansen with the Sedins though as he provides more speed.

I kind of disagree with putting Virtanen in the AHL. He made some bad plays but he was pretty defensively sound last season and looked good at times with Horvat and Baertschi. If he can find the right amount of physicality to employ he'll be great.

From the 29th, but pretty big news:

Reuters: Bauer looking to file for bankruptcy

Performance Sports Group Ltd (PSG.TO), the maker of Bauer hockey gear, is preparing to file for bankruptcy in the United States and Canada as early as Sunday evening, according to people familiar with the matter.

The company, which also makes baseball bats and other sports equipment, intends to file with a buyer in hand, and seek out higher bids through a bankruptcy auction, the people said, requesting anonymity because the matter is confidential.

On the heels of Nike announcing they would no longer do hard goods for golf, scuttling the Nike Golf division, this means that Nike will also probably no longer do hard goods in hockey either. It essentially makes the physical hockey goods market a two horse town with CCM and Warrior.

Quick

Banned
From the 29th, but pretty big news:

Reuters: Bauer looking to file for bankruptcy

On the heels of Nike announcing they would no longer do hard goods for golf, scuttling the Nike Golf division, this means that Nike will also probably no longer do hard goods in hockey either. It essentially makes the physical hockey goods market a two horse town with CCM and Warrior.

Nike hasn't done hockey equipment in years though, unless they lowkey brought back Nike Hockey briefly.

Nike hasn't done hockey equipment in years though, unless they lowkey brought back Nike Hockey briefly.

Bauer essentially was Nike was it not, considering that most of the Nike branded athletes (Ovi being the most notable one) had Bauer skates and twigs, did they not?

Quick

Banned
Bauer essentially was Nike was it not, considering that most of the Nike branded athletes (Ovi being the most notable one) had Bauer skates and twigs, did they not?

Bauer split with Nike ages ago, hence the lack of Nike Bauer equipment for the last number of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom