• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni II New Gameplay and Previews

Loved the first one but it had many problems. I'm open to changes, the overworld thing is a little weird but I trust the developers on this. The rest looks fantastic.

I think this looks much better than the first game - in particular the battle system. I don't really care for the pokemon-like aspects games have nowadays, so I'm glad they are gone (or at least not functioning the same way).

Copper

This shot up on my most anticipated games this year. Between this and Persona 5 we are in Jrpg heaven.

This will be amazing to play in 4K on PC.

I'm fine with the art style on the world map. Still looks gorgeous.

styl3s

The familiars are gone. Really not sure if I want this game now.
I'm sure a lot people in this thread will be relieved but the familiars is what made me love Ni No Kuni even more and i liked that combat.. I'm excited for 2 but without familiars i will wait till i can get it for $20ish on PC.

huh? why is it ugly, the only difference i see from NNK1 is models are chibi now, looks absolutely beautiful.

Because it is not cohesive.

The world map is not cell shaded and has chibi characters (which alone is bad compared to NNK's for me anyway)

Actual gameplay had real models and is very nicely cell shaded.

So there is a clash of themes anyway which is just bizarre. Yeah this happened in PS1 JRPG's (well FFVII)...but that was due to technical reasons.

Maybe there are plot reasons.

Exentryk

I'm sure a lot people in this thread will be relieved but the familiars is what made me love Ni No Kuni even more and i liked that combat.. I'm excited for 2 but without familiars i will wait till i can get it for $20ish on PC.

I also really enjoyed NNK1 because of the Familiars. However, we have these Higgledies in this game which might offer something similar yet different. These creatures have special abilities that can be used, and we can command them to attack or defend, similar to Familiars. We don't get the variety and uniques of numerous Familiars like the first game, but it might be good/different enough to be fun.

The beings known as higgledies come from the power of the heart, a power which is found within people, animals and elements such as fire and water. Only those with pure hearts can see them. The higgledies will lend Evan their support throughout his journey, helping him in battle and letting him reach places he wouldn’t otherwise be able to get to.

mbld1Yt.png

daevious

Is ghibli still involved in this? Art direction seems to have drifted and that was my major attraction to the original.

Officially no, Ghibli as we know it is effectively dead.

In practice, the people from Ghibli who worked on Ni no Kuni and gave it that "Ghibli" touch are working on the sequel.

I also really enjoyed NNK1 because of the Familiars. However, we have these Higgledies in this game which might offer something similar yet different. These creatures have special abilities that can be used, and we can command them to attack or defend, similar to Familiars. We don't get the variety and uniques of numerous Familiars like the first game, but it might be good/different enough to be fun.
That is cute.

eggandI

Banned
Game looks lame. Should have kept the familiars and mixed them in with the new real time combat. These new little tiny things suck

Top Bottom