• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

HK store are really bad, most of the other region stores stepped up the game in ps4 era, but this kinda weirdness is still present on the HK store.
Don't worry about it, it will be uploaded manually soon.

thanks, can't wait! And i just finished tales of berseria right now, perfect timing!

I can't play this until 4 hours from now. Gotta remain strong...

At least my coworker is letting me leave at 10 tomorrow so I just have to get my license renewed and then I'm playing NieR all day

iHaunter

Why does the story suck?

I've been hearing that? Don't need spoilers, just plot.

Is it a game that matters if the story sucks?

Any news about the HK version?

All sources I've been able to find reinforce the February 23rd, 2017 release date.

Assuming it's uploaded at the first possible opportunity, it should be up on the store at 9 AM HKT. (Could be as late as 7PM HKT, however) It should be $428 HKD.

t1487811600z4.png

atpbx

That 10 hrs to finish it comment is enough to for me to cancel the pre order and wait for a price drop.

It isn't an eagerly awaited game for me, so I'm not spending £45 on something up front that's got questionable longevity.

I searched and couldn't find:

Are reviews for the game tomorrow?

AFAIK western sites haven't got review access yet. Besides even if they do there's Horizon Zero Dawn, Zelda and the Switch to contend with. Some even got Persona 5 early. Doubt we'll see much Nier until March.

NeoRaider

That 10 hrs to finish it comment is enough to for me to cancel the pre order and wait for a price drop.

It isn't an eagerly awaited game for me, so I'm not spending £45 on something up front that's got questionable longevity.

10 hours only??
Who said that? :/

Hektor

10 hours only??
Who said that? :/

10 hours according to Famitsu, to reach the first ending.

You're not anywhere close to finishing the game by that point.

You're playing this game for the story???

Most people do?

10 hours is low now? Jeez. Some of you folks sure are spoiled :p

I am happy to hear this since I barely have time to play through 30-40 hours action RPGs. The multiple endings part makes it sound not bad.

LotusHD

Banned

I am happy to hear this since I barely have time to play through 30-40 hours action RPGs. The multiple endings part makes it sound not bad.

Pretty sure it's still effectively 30 hours, but meh, guess we'll see.

JayEH

Yeah I thought we moved passed the phase of judging games purely on game length.

I can't believe how many times I need to repeat this:

The full game length times are in the OP.

The "10-Hour" line is taken out of context and refers only to one of the very first 'endings' in a game with multiple. To reach the 'true ending' of the game, it takes 25-30 Hours, and to see/do everything, it takes 55+.

Oops, got another ending
for leaving the mission area.

You don't make this easy, do you?

I can't believe how many times I need to repeat this:

The full game length times are in the OP.

The "10-Hour" line is taken out of context and refers only to one of the very first 'endings' in a game with multiple. To reach the 'true ending' of the game, it takes 25-30 Hours, and to see/do everything, it takes 55+.

You don't make this easy, do you?

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect people to read the OP if I were you."

Coda

So do people think getting the Japanese version is worth it? Seems like it would be fine, I have it pre-ordered in NA digitally through the PSN. Kind of wish I just was getting the JP version knowing that it's all in English.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
For those of us not playing (and for those who are, because why the hell not), enjoy this behind the scenes footage of Yoko-san's most famous role. (roll).

Here

PS. Make sure you have the sound on.

Squire

Banned
Nope, it's a Nier thing. They're pretty much there because the original Nier did it.

Hey now, give them more credit than that.

They said in an interview those bars are there to distinguish between gameplay and story moments.

This game has a lot of humor, it's pretty great. I also love the Operator quips with 2B, amazing.

Again, really happy to hear this. I'm actually watching the story from Drakengard 3 lately and it's so so genuinely funny. Some of the best writing I've ever seen in a game.

TissueBox

Hmm regarding weapons I don't know about new moves or skllls but they are definitely upgradeable. General stats like attack and combo can be enhanced and there's four (I think) slots to buff stuff like attack speed or endurance. Acquiring new pod programs will let you do different special attacks with your pod though.

Slaythe

I hate all of you btw.

I almost caved in and bought JP. But apparently you can't buy it atm ? Oo It doesn't let me.

It's not so much as multiple endings in the sense you're thinking, it's just the first ending. The game continues, and then you get another ending, the story continues and most likey more endings. The game/story isn't finished upon getting the first ending.

addik

For those of us not playing (and for those who are, because why the hell not), enjoy this behind the scenes footage of Yoko-san's most famous role. (roll).

Here

PS. Make sure you have the sound on.

I can't believe the Square Enix has the balls to hire a guy and allow him to say "shit square enix" on promotional videos and keep him despite his games being niche af.

I'm not complaining lol, but someone must really really love him up there.

Ubernube

It's not so much as multiple endings in the sense you're thinking, it's just the first ending. The game continues, and then you get another ending, the story continues and most likey more endings. The game/story isn't finished upon getting the first ending.

Given the somewhat vague spoilers from other people (
like dying during the part of the game in the demo, and leaving the mission area
), it sounds like this game has multiple endings in a traditional sense, AND in a Yoko sense, although I'm not paying too much attention to streams and stuff for fear of spoilers.

Setsu00

I can't believe the Square Enix has the balls to hire a guy and allow him to say "shit square enix" on promotional videos and keep him despite his games being niche af.

I still don't get how his games keep getting greenlighted despite seemingly flopping all the time. I'm glad that he does get to make more games, but I really, really don't understand why.

Does anybody know if you can download remotely when your PS4 is in standby mode from the PS app? I don't have PS+ right now and I know it used to be that you had to physically have your system on if you didn't have PS+ to start the download remotely, but that was years ago. I'm gonna be at work tonight and would like to download it from the HK store as soon as they put it up so it's ready when I get home.

Slaythe

He is responsible for what has turned out to be their best game in the last decade.

So it's not like they can actually fire him.

Top Bottom