• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Kyonashi

The bowl should be an S, so "download contents" I think

Very curios about the capitalization, the name of the dlc is short for "3 costumes, 3 Colosseums, 1 date, 1 dream" with the dream being a mystery iirc. Maybe those letters are connected to it, given the fact that they patched in a new elevator (according to other gaffers) it might be a tease for more dlc

Ah, you're right. I was looking at an image that had a three pronged bowl as an S but I see now that was a lower case S.

N° 2048

Ok wtf I thought the DLC wasn't even dated for West haha what a beautiful surprise.

Fucking torn between Nioh DLC or this but I'm leaning towards Nier DLC.

fantomena

Question about ending/playthrough D.
What exactly am I suppose to do now?
The game is straight up the same as my first playthrough on my 4th playthrough.

Hektor

It's apparently a music box that plays Song of the Ancients

Question about ending/playthrough D.
What exactly am I suppose to do now?
The game is straight up the same as my first playthrough on my 4th playthrough.

Use chapter select and make a different decision at the ending

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
A 1.06 update went up last night for the US version.....i installed it but didn't get a chance to try it as i was playing Horizon.

Is this the patch to fix the garbled menu txt bugs?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member

Woohoo!!!! lol finally i can get back to this....i had just bought it and the patch that caused the menu glitches came out and i had stopped right after the first mission and wanted to wait until this was fixed. Love what i've played so far.

I'm not far at all....i might just completely start over. Either way, i'm excited to get back into this now!

Greddleok

I just decided to take a break and come back in a couple of weeks after my holiday. Enjoyed route A, but really don't feel like playing it again straight off.

1. This is one of those rare games where the English dub is genuinely outstanding, so I'd go with that.

2. I believe subtitles are always on in regards to people speaking. I don't think I recall any fictional languages being uttered outside of the vocal tracks.

3. Yes.

1. The English is the way to go IMO. The dub is fantastic, just like the first game. There is a decent amount of ambient dialogue that isn't subtitled even if you have it enabled.

2. Not sure.

3. Yes.

Thank you both very much for your responses and for not giving anything away. I shall play it in English then. I can't wait to start it tomorrow!

How can I acces to the DLC? I just went to the entrance with
A2
and nothing happens.

Check your inbox, there'll be an email which adds the quest and locations to the map. The one in the forest requires 9S, but the others can be done with either A2 or 2B. The Flooded City elevator also is the one with the Square/Platinum CEO fight.

Geez. The enemies in the special trial in the Flooded City colosseum hit like an absolute truck. I'm level 99, with 13,585 HP and they still kill me in one hit. I think evasion and attack chips are the way to go.

Dartastic

Just completed ending B last night. The game is getting waaaaaaaaay more interesting. Route B was way more fun IMO partially because I liked the combat more (dug the hacking mechanic a lot) and the story definitely was more interesting with the knowledge gained from my first playthrough. Looking forward to seeing what C holds.

Seriously though guys, if you're struggling with this one, get to B. It improves.

Dunan

Is there a hidden message on the Colosseum DLC store page? There are capitalised letters throughout the description.

A2Ff2Ws.png

Looks like the letters are DSRCAJOWINHRERYLSONDNCLDPAVNTT if you don't include capitals where they should be (beginnings of sentences, in the word 'NieR' etc.)

The celestial alphabet in the image reads 'DOWNLOAD CONTENT' though I'm not sure what the final character is (the little bowl shaped one with the line across)?
The latter part of the DLC name looks like a date: 11944/09/27. That's a year before this game starts; some kind of prequel?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Ok NierGAF, already started the game, but I just got one question for you

Japanese or English dub?

prophecy0

I just beat Horizon: ZD and have Yakuza 0 and Persona 5 in my backlog.... but my heart is telling me to play Nier: Automata instead.

I have a PS4 Pro and a high-end PC w/ a 1080ti. The PS4 version of Nier is currently on sale for $42. I can get the PC version for around $45.

Which version should I get? From what I understand the PC version has stuttering issues even on high end PCs. As dumb as it sounds I'm tempted to get the PS4 version just so I can go after the platinum trophy.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Hegel
is a terrible boss fight but it's only one blip honestly.

True, but holy hell what a blip!

Finished the game, as in finished finished (I think) and...

I hope I helped someone out there. In the end, effort should be rewarded :)

LotusHD

Banned
Just completed ending B last night. The game is getting waaaaaaaaay more interesting. Route B was way more fun IMO partially because I liked the combat more (dug the hacking mechanic a lot) and the story definitely was more interesting with the knowledge gained from my first playthrough. Looking forward to seeing what C holds.

Seriously though guys, if you're struggling with this one, get to B. It improves.

That's actually interesting, since even people who like Route B usually don't say that that is what people should get to in order to be hooked. Everyone usually says Route C lol

Japanese or English dub?

English dub, shit is amazing performances all around

True, but holy hell what a blip!

Finished the game, as in finished finished (I think) and...

I hope I helped someone out there. In the end, effort should be rewarded :)

To the spoiler thread you go!

Alrus

Early route C spoilers :

Escaped the bunker and started getting corrupted. The story finally gets really intriguing but somehow they decided to add an instant game over during the corruption sequence and I apparently forgot to save (because instant game over never happened before...) so I have to start back at the bunker escape sequence after a stupid death. Kind of bullshit if you ask me... I'll just put the game on easy and plow through it I guess but that was a buzz killer :/

Also the corruption mechanic is just plain not fun, hopefully it's just that one time.

LotusHD

Banned
Early route C spoilers :

Escaped the bunker and started getting corrupted. The story finally gets really intriguing but somehow they decided to add an instant game over during the corruption sequence and I apparently forgot to save (because instant game over never happened before...) so I have to start back at the bunker escape sequence after a stupid death. Kind of bullshit if you ask me... I'll just put the game on easy and plow through it I guess but that was a buzz killer :/

Also the corruption mechanic is just plain not fun, hopefully it's just that one time.

It's not supposed to be fun :#

But yea, as the game says, save often lol

IbukiLordSA

All those hair color options!!!! 2B looks great in Kaine's outfit. DLC has some pretty dark moments makes me wish I could kill resistance members.

nier_automata_20170501yze6.png

schlew

All those hair color options!!!! 2B looks great in Kaine's outfit. DLC has some pretty dark moments makes me wish I could kill resistance members.

Sorry if it's obvious, but the DLC description says I need to complete new subquests to access the outfits. So, do I need to complete the enemy coliseums? Are they tough if I'm only level 42 (I'm just about to wrap up
Ending B
)?

OK, just got ending C. Didn't have time for D and E.
It's obvious what triggers ending D but I checked online to see how to get E and it seems that I just have to
watch either C or D again?

Man, the english VA in this game is amazing, simply perfect.

Btw, where is
Emil's house?

Can't afford the dlc right now, unfortunately.

RedToad64

I have not played the game, but is this weird capitalization from the Steam DLC store page supposed to be like this? Some sort of secret message?
This DLC pack adDS “Revealing Outfit” costume for 2B, “Young Man’s Outfit” costume for 9S and “Destroyer Outfit” costume for A2. AfteR completing new sub-quests in this DLC, you CAn enJOy playing the game while WearINg these costumes from NieR Replicant. Sub-quests take the form of tHRee different battle challenges at three diffERenT colosseums. Special music video: NieR:Automata meets amazarashi “Deserving of Life,” from colLAboratiON with rock band amazarashi, is alSo iNCLudeD as part of the scenario. We hoPe you hAVe fuN with this conTenT.

Japanese or English dub?
If you watched and liked Attack on Titan in japanese, then the choice could be japanese for that Mikasa voice. Also seems to me that the japanese 2B sounds more stoic (like Mikasa), while the english one has "you don't say" moments.
Noticeable when comparing the english dubtitles with what the japanese voice actually says. Mostly only nuances but to me it feels different enough.

Is that the normal PS4 version?

EDIT:

Really wish Square sold that Black Box 2B figure separately. Playing this on PC due to better graphics/frame rate, I didn't really want to pay for a version that I wouldn't play.

Ruff

Dragon/T-Rex machine
in the DLC got a nice laugh from me. Was hoping for more unique enemies apart from that though.

LotusHD

Banned
OK, just got ending C. Didn't have time for D and E.
It's obvious what triggers ending D but I checked online to see how to get E and it seems that I just have to
watch either C or D again?

Man, the english VA in this game is amazing, simply perfect.

Btw, where is
Emil's house?

Can't afford the dlc right now, unfortunately.

Lol D and E takes a short amount of time to do.

Emil's house is inside a pipe near where the underground cave is, like above it.

Japanese for the first playthrough TBH.

Just saw the DLC update, better finish up P5 quick.

I'm the kinda guy who tends to go for the original VA if possible, just out of sheer principle, but this is one of those games were I changed back to english pretty fast. People who are on the fence about this decision should know, this game has tons of important dialogue during gameplay, both combat and exploration, so unless you're completly fluent in japanese it gets a bit difficult. Even more so considering the english subs are a bit out of sync with the japanes audio at times.

So with that rabbit machine exploit patched out, what exactly are you supposed to do between finishing the game and the DLC/superbosses? I got Ending E last night, finished 87% of the sidequests, and I'm only Level 63. I'm really not interested in grinding for hours and hours to get to the point where I can fight Lv 99 enemies.

LotusHD

Banned
So with that rabbit machine exploit patched out, what exactly are you supposed to do between finishing the game and the DLC/superbosses? I got Ending E last night, finished 87% of the sidequests, and I'm only Level 63. I'm really not interested in grinding for hours and hours to get to the point where I can fight Lv 99 enemies.

Get that damage up (equip your best chips) and hit the rabbit enough to trigger it I guess.

Top Bottom