• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Producer - Studio Considering Porting to XB1 After PS4/PC Release

3080792-nierautomata-8.jpg
From a Gamerant article.

As it turns out, Xbox One players aren’t entirely left out of the party either. Saito has confirmed that the studio is considering bringing the title to the Xbox One platform, although this decision will rest upon how successful the initial launch of the title on both the PC and PS4 platforms will be.

Don't think I would want to wait and see if the game would get a port rather than getting it at launch but it's nice to know an XB1 release is at least being considered.

Xenoflare

I would love this if true. I don't have a gaming PC and I'm excited to play Scalebound and Nier on the same platform.

Won't hold my breath though for all things considered

RyudBoy

The first game was on 360 so this makes sense. It'll be cool if it happens, but I'm still getting this on PC.

How to do it:
Step 1: Release Nier as BC
Step 2: Announce the Nier:Automata XB1 port
Step 3: give away the original Nier through Games with Gold
Step 4: Enjoy the show

I'll wait then to see if its possible. I was going to buy it and play it on my friend's PS4 but I can wait seeing how I have a backlog anyway.

Ushay

What's the premise for this game? Anyone got a good link?

OT - The fact they are considering it makes me think there was no marketing deadlocking the platform out, rather it was a development consideration.

napata

Would honestly make more sense to bring it to the Xbone than PC anyway, since the first game came out on the 360.

Publishers target platforms based on how much money they think they can make on the platform.

Japanese games perform much worse saleswise on the Xbone compared to the the 360. At the start of the 360 Microsoft actually put effort in getting Japanese support, unlike the Xbone. There's almost no audience that buys Japanese games on the Xbone.

The more the better so can't complain. Im on ps4 so I'm hoping on the opposite side of the original Nier getting some rerelease on ps4.

I'll support them and buy it there at release if they do it.

Don't you have a PS4? You can support them there or on Steam meaning better chance it goes well for them to be successful with a random Nier 2 which came out of nowhere. I never would have thought a Nier 2 would be made in the first place.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Its great news even though I have a PS4/PC. More people can get to play this

Translated I imagine this means "If this can sell 2 million copies and be a big success, we will give it a shot."

If the game is only a mild success, they probably know it won't be worth it. But if it can reach levels of sleeper status of say DOOM, people will be happy to hear of a port.

Top Bottom