• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata review thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitanator

I've been telling all of my friends about Nier. If it pulls off a 90+, I'll be hyped.

Persona 5 on the other hand..if it scores 90+ on Metacritic, I'll gift the game to a random NeoGAF member. Real talk lol.

EDIT: You all are included in the list! I'll remember this thread lol.

I like Persona and five is my new favorite number

JayEH

I've been telling all of my friends about Nier. If it pulls off a 90+, I'll be hyped.

Persona 5 on the other hand..if it scores 90+ on Metacritic, I'll gift the game to a random NeoGAF member. Real talk lol.

well seeing how the last couple of games have done you better get that wallet ready :p

pezzie

Now I'm not saying that Persona 5 is a guaranteed 90+...

but it's probably a much safer bet than most games out there. It's got a pretty good history.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

In for the copy!

SamNW

Quoted in hopes of a free copy of P5.

Still trying to decide if I want to keep my pre-order for this game. This talk of multiple playthroughs being needed to get the true experience is a huge negative for me because I don't generally replay games. On the other hand the critical response so far has been great. I guess this game has a release day review embargo?

Toa Axis

I look forward to my victory :D

Also, have there been any more reviews? Not expecting much since these were early, but still.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Still trying to decide if I want to keep my pre-order for this game. This talk of multiple playthroughs being needed to get the true experience is a huge negative for me because I don't generally replay games. On the other hand the critical response so far has been great. I guess this game has a release day review embargo?

You'd be missing out. What's there is generally worth it let me tell you

eyyyy! :D

And damn,I gotta beat Horizon somehow by Tuesday so I Can start this game (not gonna happen lol)

Koozek

Really thinking about getting this now that I've changed my mind about getting a Switch for Zelda (I just can't justify spending so much money right now, even if it's Zelda). Liked the Automata demo (outside of the bullet-hell sections), combat was buttery smooth, music was dope. Played a few hours of the first NieR, loved the soundtrack.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Remember my username well tbh. LOL

The demo was such a delicious shot of adrenaline, I'll certainly grab this on Steam.

No way RDR2 hits this year. Rockstar have never made a release date without a couple of delays.

Except for, you know, Red Dead Redemption. Which was formally announced a little over a year from release, and was delayed a month. It's been 7 years since Red dead redemption, and 3 (this fall) since the last Rockstar product.

A good portion of my time playing the new Zelda consists of me being bored and thinking "I just want to play Nier already". Hopefully the shops around here break street date as usual.

You should be hyped either way it's gonna be amazing! As for persona I highly disapprove
unless you pick me because I'm poor and my fridge just broke.

JayEH

It's not multiple playthroughs, think of it like multiple chapters where an "ending" is not the end of the game but the end of the act.

HMD

See my avatar? I'm dying to play it here ;)

Really thinking about getting this now that I've changed my mind about getting a Switch for Zelda (I just can't justify spending so much money right now, even if it's Zelda). Liked the Automata demo (outside of the bullet-hell sections), combat was buttery smooth, music was dope. Played a few hours of the first NieR, loved the soundtrack.

Dooooo iittttttt.

I briefly considered going for a Switch and Zelda, even though I've never been that into Zelda, BotW sounds like a very nice high fidelity version of something like ADOM. But I've got way too much to play already and Nier us at the top of the list. Going to try and ride it all the way to Persona Five and that all the way to Ni No Kuni Two, and that to VIIR. JRPG train will not stop!

Oxn

Signing up

pezzie

Dooooo iittttttt.

I briefly considered going for a Switch and Zelda, even though I've never been that into Zelda, BotW sounds like a very nice high fidelity version of something like ADOM. But I've got way too much to play already and Nier us at the top of the list. Going to try and ride it all the way to Persona Five and that all the way to Ni No Kuni Two, and that to VIIR. JRPG train will not stop!

I like your attitude sir but unless you are the slowest video gamer in the world I don't think Ni No Kuni 2 is going to last you all the way to VIIR release. :(

You should be hyped either way it's gonna be amazing! As for persona I highly disapprove
unless you pick me because I'm poor and my fridge just broke.

Best believe. I have Nier preordered and I'm beyond hyped to play it regardless of the reviews lol. I'd never been sold on a demo within the first 3 minutes before. Nier somehow managed to do that.

There's no way the game is going to score below 90, so I'm in for a free copy. : D

I've already pre-ordered Persona 5, but this way I wouldn't have to open the collector's edition :p

I like your attitude sir but unless you are the slowest video gamer in the world I don't think Ni No Kuni 2 is going to last you all the way to VIIR release. :(

I know. I wrote it, but I don't believe it :-(

Will probably be a time for backlog: Yakuza, maybe Nioh, possibly Horizon or Mass Effect. Maybe I'll finish ToCS II, or Berseria, or my ongoing replay of FF VI.

And it might be a good time for a serious Witcher 3 replay, too.

Edit: oh, and FF XII too of course!

jony_m

Year of the RPG, holy crap...

Too bad it doesn't come out until the 17 on PC, as I'm almost done with Horizon.

Too close to Mass Effect, then Persona 5.. I'll pick this up after that sometime in May probably.

AHA-Lambda

Well, sign me up :p

Why would you make that bet though? xD

Hexa

Hi. Let's be friends. :p

wmlk

Thanks for the free Persona!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom