• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo and Poland (and maybe other countries)

Ragus

Banned
once again, thanks. will talk to some nintendo folks, lets see what we can do. can´t promise anything though.

also: would you please add some additional what exactly is wrong with their site

-no club nintendo
-no advertisment of 3DS on the first page, let alone 3DS XL (yet DSi is hanging there)
-3 or 4 news updates every 3 months
-why can't we get any information how to buy eshop cards? Oh yeah, they are no existent here
-WiiU? What is WiiU? Nintendo Poland has no idea

Oersted

-no club nintendo
-no advertisment of 3DS on the first page, let alone 3DS XL (yet DSi is hanging there)
-3 or 4 news updates every 3 months
-why can't we get any information how to buy eshop cards? Oh yeah, they are no existent here
-WiiU? What is WiiU? Nintendo Poland has no idea

thank you. people will talk, phones ring and blood shed. Anyone else contactin Ninty about this?

Nilaul

thank you. people will talk, phones ring and blood shed. Anyone else contactin Ninty about this?

I got this reported on go nintendo.

Random fact: Even during Euro 2012 (where million of tourists where coming from everywhere) retailers felt the need to not restock a single nintendo product.

Random fact 2: Kid Icarus does not exist on the nintendo site either.

once again, thanks. will talk to some nintendo folks, lets see what we can do. can´t promise anything though.

also: would you please add some additional what exactly is wrong with their site

Ragus mentioned a few of them.

I noticed:

- lack of KidIcarus,
- lack of promotion of exclusive titles such as resident evil.
- Last story? Nah whats that. Pandoras tower?
- Eshop?Pushmo? Rolling western?
- No mention on how you can connect to e-shop, no mentions of how to buy things on e-shop
- Take a look at there news section: http://www.nintendo.pl/news (E3 is still the newest thing)

If they cant even advertise/inform things properly on their own site, how will they advertise and function in the real world.

Nilaul

So, yeah, the situation here is terrible and unfortunately, when Nintendo doesn't care about polish gamers, polish gamers also don't give a fuck about Nintendo. It may be strange to you, but when you are at a polish gaming message board, Nintendo is rarely talked about. Only a small group of people buys Nintendo products regularly, and I am one of them.

Nintendo did change distributer in Poland a few years ago; hoping things will improve (I think this was after complaints), However I doubt they new that this company would had been even more crap then the last one.

I think nortec is a very good example. They had a humongous transformation over the last two years (hell they even made die hard sony fanboy friend to buy a Wii). They do some adverting, create events and other stuff. They even opened a forum, where they respond to you in person, and also they respond to you in person in the 2nd biggest Greek Nintendo forum. They have conversations with you. They even repaired my friends console that has been over warranty period for free.

Every single time I go to Poland I cant buy a single game. Some store owners don't even know whats a 3ds They look at me like I'm a Weirdo My polish friend is also into Nintendo stuff, and he also had enough of this.

Just in case some people are wondering; Im polish, My home is in Greece, I study in England :p

BanGy.nz

Banned
Well we don't even have a Nintendo New Zealand. The Aussies run us and it sucks dogs balls.
What do you expect? Nintendo have never been big here. Before Australia took over the distribution rights were with Softprint Interactive who went bankrupt back in 2008. We're a tiny, tiny market in which Nintendo are constantly last place.

Pociask

Clearly my ancestors were prescient in coming to America at the turn of the 20th century - they knew that they wanted their great grandchildren to be able to enjoy the best video games in the world. Alas, Poland! You still have Chopin!

Nilaul

Doczu said:
Yeah, "Nintendo Poland" is really bad.
Almost a year ago i tried to make a stand against them, in order to get better customer service, Club Nintendo for Poland (fun fact: our distributor was stealing nintendo points out of boxes for years. After someone told us about it they replied: "you can't use those points in Poland, so why do you need them in your boxes?"), better pricing for games (last time i went to the store i saw Nintendogs for the DS which was more expensive than Nintendogs for the 3DS. You can still buy SM64DS at launch price...).

Holly...

Ragus

Banned
Yeah, that shit with removing star points happened a few years ago. That was fucking sad. Fortunately, at least we do not have to worry about this anymore.

Oh, and I have a quiz for all of you guys:

You're in Poland and you go to the biggest hardware/software shop in Warsaw. On the shelf you have a brand new copy of Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart 7. Guess which one is cheaper...

yeah ._.

Nilaul

Kifa@Go Nintendo said:
Also the S-company, as some 'fans' here like to call them, has one of the most... ridiculous PR I've ever witnessed. During one of the discussions on their official Facebook page they said that the lack of promotion and availability is our (customers) fault because... we don't buy their products. How can we buy something that is not there is beyond me.

I thought Ill post interesting use about the PR

Ragus

Banned
I know that this is an old thread and all, but today something BIG happened.

Stadlbauer is known for doing stupid things, but today they have surpassed themselves. Tomorrow, Pokemon B/W2 launches in my country. Stadlbauer fucked up so badly, that instead of supplying polish market with english verions of those games, they are supplying our market with german versions.

My god, what a trainwreck they are. Here, look at the photos:

Untitled-1.jpg

(photos have watermarks, because I sent them to some polish websites, because I want to warn as many people in my country as I can).

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Clearly my ancestors were prescient in coming to America at the turn of the 20th century - they knew that they wanted their great grandchildren to be able to enjoy the best video games in the world. Alas, Poland! You still have Chopin!

Heh, me too (also hearing that the situation is the same in Italy my other ancestral home)... I've always fathomed Poland as PC-land, probably due to a cross between famous ex-poster Borys and CDPR's games.

Totally digging the profile pic on the Nintendo Poland page:

ymmv

Banned
I know that this is an old thread and all, but today something BIG happened.

Stadlbauer is known for doing stupid things, but today they have surpassed themselves. Tomorrow, Pokemon B/W2 launches in my country. Stadlbauer fucked up so badly, that instead of supplying polish market with english verions of those games, they are supplying our market with german versions.

It isn't a multi-lingual version?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Only a bit better in Greece (yes, before the crisis too). But on top of that they're more overpriced so it's a loss overall. They don't do much advertising, totally missed the Wii/DS casual train that imo could have boomed here. Alas Greece remained Sony land. Support isn't nearly as good as Nintendo proper, Nintendo should somehow quality control the companies chosen to do this.

grumpy

Only a bit better in Greece (yes, before the crisis too). But on top of that they're more overpriced so it's a loss overall. They don't do much advertising, totally missed the Wii/DS casual train that imo could have boomed here. Alas Greece remained Sony land. Support isn't nearly as good as Nintendo proper, Nintendo should somehow quality control the companies chosen to do this.

At least they always give out awesome pre-order bonuses :p
cZQKG.jpg

Top Bottom