• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2015.5.31 - 7 pm JP, 6 am EDT, 3 am PDT

Red Hood

Banned
METROID 5
F-ZERO UX
MOTHER 4
STAR FOX WII u
METROID PRIME 4
PAPER MARIO U
ZELDA U "WE TRICKED YOU" EDITION

All at this Direct! They're saving Metroid 6, F-Zero UX 2, Mother 5 and Prime 5 for E3 in a few weeks.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Ok, I've read the Morimoto-san part.
It will stay Japan only, with just already announced 3DS (first and third) and Wii U (first party) games.
Too bad, I was hoping for a WW premiere (like I said, something small as Project Giant Robot eshop release), just to "clear the table" of the Digital Event from small projects.

ramparter

Banned
Only the main overworld will be released this summer. Then after a couple f months there will be an update and the first event will occur (some evil force shows up and do smething bad). Game will keep proceeding like that with free updates. Players will be able to finish main quest Christmas 2016.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It's been a long time since a Cheesemeister direct thread. About time!

Vuze

More Monster Hunter Stories (3DS) and a possible Wii U port of MH4U/G to go along with the MH show happening that day?
MH Stories for sure, MH4U WiiU? I doubt it. (And I would be mad if that's all lol, at this point I'm not interested in a WiiU port anymore)

V-Faction

METROID 5
F-ZERO UX
MOTHER 4
STAR FOX WII u
METROID PRIME 4
PAPER MARIO U

All at this Direct! They're saving Metroid 6, F-Zero UX 2, Mother 5 and Prime 5 for E3 in a few weeks.

Uh, I think you mean:

ISOLATIONISM: HORROR UNLEASHED
COWBOY DUN & THE ALL-STAR SHOOTERS
SPORTS AND TIGERS
TREKKER TRACKERS
SUPER PRINCE FLUFF
MAGNASTROM
FIERY WIZARDS OF KOZ
MACHEEF: THE EXTRAORDINARY TALE
(200) KNIGHTS
SPEEDRIDER

New IP out the wazoo.

Ladekabel

Official announcement of Kojima joining Nintendo later in the year?
/s... or am I?

Otherwise I hope they don't announce too much before E3.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hopefully they use this to discuss already announced titles so the E3 direct will be mostly new games.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Lucky timing, I guess. Directs have been more infrequent and announced at irregular times lately. By the time I notice, it's often several hours later and the thread already has a dozen pages.

I'm just glad to be mustering the ship of the real kappn' again! :)

It will probably be Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, and maybe something Monster Hunter. Then a few DLC announcements for Smash, Mario Kart, and Splatoon. Then maybe a surprise E-Shop release, either VC or a new game.

Too many bombs just for E3. Has to be something that would divide the attention from the big stuff in june. Not exactly a sparse lineup.

rhandino

Banned
Official announcement of Kojima joining Nintendo later in the year?
/s... or am I?

Otherwise I hope they don't announce too much before E3.

EEKR0TL.gif

I want this to happen (or with Microsoft) only for the meltdowms...

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Perhaps they are having a direct now to coincide with the MH event, and they are announcing something at the same time.

Akhe

Interesting...hummm...but who knows, Nintendo is a box of surprise. Dylan once said: "When you got nothing, you got nothing to lose" = D

marmoka

Banned
I don't get this. Are they talking only about announced games that are coming very soon to Japan? Will they announce new games?

And the most important question that worries me most: Will this Direct spoil most of the info that they will show at the Digital Event? Do they think we are nuts and noone outside Japan, gaming websites included, will not pay attention to this Direct at all?

I think this Direct can be a real disaster. They still got time to cancel it and make a great Digital Event. They could make a Japanese Edition Digital Event as well, that would be a better idea.

random25

Well one thing is sure to happen: one surprise announcement will surely be seen in the Direct. So it's still worth the watch.

RiggyRob

I don't get this. Are they talking only about announced games that are coming very soon to Japan? Will they announce new games?

And the most important question that worries me most: Will this Direct spoil most of the info that they will show at the Digital Event? Do they think we are nuts and noone outside Japan, gaming websites included, will not pay attention to this Direct at all?

I think this Direct can be a real disaster. They still got time to cancel it and make a great Digital Event. They could make a Japanese Edition Digital Event as well, that would be a better idea.

jumptoconclusions.jpg

11am Sunday is nice, definitely watching it if just for more Fire Emblem If.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Ok, I've read the Morimoto-san part.
It will stay Japan only, with just already announced 3DS (first and third) and Wii U (first party) games.
Too bad, I was hoping for a WW premiere (like I said, something small as Project Giant Robot eshop release), just to "clear the table" of the Digital Event from small projects.

Ok that's a bummer now.

Hm... My predictions... Won't be available to watch it live... Darn :( It's weird how they're doing this two weeks before E3... Maybe they're too busy to do something during/after E3 for the Japanese audience?

Wii U
- Yarn Yoshi (and those Amiibos!)
- Mario Maker (+ other 30th Anniversary software/events)
- Lucas + other DLCs for SSB4
- Art Academy is finally ready?!
- probably some localized indies + Wii Disc + VC titles

3DS
- Rhythm Tengoku the Best +
- New new 3DS color(s)
- Fire Emblem if info
- Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer (+ card amiibos)
- Great Gyakuten Saiban
- Youkai Watch Busters
- a "surprise" anime title
- A couple games for girls (like a new "girls mode")

+ Monster Hunter Stuff from the Capcom event

This should be enough to fill 30-40 minutes. I'm worried about too little info during the E3 digital event, but with no Zelda U + all these Japanese first stuff out of the way, maybe they have some HUGE surprises prepared? Galaxy 3/ new 3D Mario for the 30th Mario Anniversary? Star Fox? Metroid? :)

Top Bottom