• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct announced for Sept 14, 2017 (midnight CEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
The fact that there's still more stuff to talk about Mario Odyssey makes me think this game is going to be massive in content. Can't wait.

Shahadan

Please have Xenoblade 2 release date, Please have Xenoblade 2 release date, Please have Xenoblade 2 release date...............

There's like, no other possiblity for them to announce a release date at this point. This is probably the one thing we can 100% expect

Yeah and I'd assume so anyway they'll be a lot of announcements likely and not everything will be localised.

Yeah, because HD Rumble handholding is too dangerous for people outside of Japan

Man I wonder how people will react when Xenoblade Chronicles 2 gets delayed to Early 2018 (March).

More time for Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild's second playthough for me

Also lolno to the delay

45 minutes? Wow.

I'm wondering if Apple is going to announce another Nintendo game tomorrow and then Nintendo will follow up with more info during the direct.

Majine

Banned
Wonder when we'll see Switch Mini, an Apple TV sized box with the handheld aspects taken out and available cheaper.

jbug617

Banned
Japanese Direct is 50 minutes long
DJcuA2gX0AIWeSn

CPCunha

Not gonna lie... as much as i loooove game news, i'm cool with what we know already (Odyssey, Xeno, Fire Emblem...)...

...what i'm really looking forward is an OS update with more functions...

Edit: Can someone post one of those nifty countdown clocks?

Fireblend

Banned
The fact that there's still more stuff to talk about Mario Odyssey makes me think this game is going to be massive in content. Can't wait.

Indeed, I would've thought the E3 trailer was the equivalent of BotW's Switch Presentation trailer and we wouldn't get more until its release.

marmoka

Banned
I need strange journey redux, Metroid 3ds, Mario Odyssey, Prime 4, Smt HD Project and Bayonetta pack.

Getting ready for disappointment.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
nidhogg 2 annouces switch release and I am happy.

especially since they'll announce advance wars with the older better art style as well. dreams come true.

I'll be happy with some mario hype and nothing else though.

Sterok

It's like they deliberately make their E3 presentations short in order to make their Directs all the more impressive.

I'm not expecting new game announcements, just more details for stuff we already know about.

I don't think there has ever been a general Nintendo Direct that didn't have at least one new announcement.

Edit - I think I have one. The E3 2013 Direct. Because Nintendo announced everything early in a panic the previous January.

Edit 2 - Nope! Tropical Freeze was a new announcement.

Zebei

Well this is exciting.

Have way too much for just a wishlist, but i guess ill just stick with "more 3rd party ports the better"

especially if it's Square, Atlus, or DBfighterZ :p

Of course, im always ready to be dissapointed. A lot of focus on Arms, odyssey, and zelda wouldnt surprise me.

ugoo18

The Wonderful 102, Bayonetta 3 or The Platinum Collection. I'm calling one of those three now, might as well go all in lol.

EDIT: Might as well throw in the Dark Souls Trilogy in there.

Predictions:
-Skyrim launch date
-Rocket League launch date
-LA Noire debut trailer
-Brief overview trailers of NBA and FIFA
-Xenoblade 2 launch date
-Small indie sizzle reel with concrete launch dates
-Mario Odyssey deep dive
-ARMS update NOW LIVE
-At least one Nintendo-published localization (Monster Hunter XX, Dragon Quest Heroes, Dynasty Warriors 8, etc)
-First footage of Taiko and Tales of Switch
-Blazblu trailer
-Next system update with more custom options, like themes.
-VC details
-3DS stuff

oti

Banned
It's like they deliberately make their E3 presentations short in order to make their Directs all the more impressive.

E3 in its core is incredibly flawed. It's about getting attention by announcing games while everyone else does the same, hence taking away attention. Nintendo doesn't need E3. Neither do Sony or Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom