• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2016

BioFan

Saw Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is now $29.99. Is it on sale or a permanent price drop?
Is the game worth the price?
Should I wait and hope for Monster Hunter X instead?

tuffy

Saw Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is now $29.99. Is it on sale or a permanent price drop?
I don't think it's a permanent price drop, but Monster Hunter games do go on sale regularly. It's the sort of game one can easily sink a lot of time into once you've learned the basics, so I think it's easily worth the price.

And at this point I don't think we're getting vanilla Monster Hunter X. So I wouldn't wait around for whatever version of X we do get because it might be awhile. Might as well jump into 4 Ultimate now.

Shizza

Yacht Club games still has a bunch of content they want to finish for Shovel Knight. They are probably not going to talk about it until at least King Knight campaign comes out

1) Constantly but they haven't nailed anything down since Shovel Knight is still their big focus this year with lots and lots of content updates still coming. The thing they've always thrown around since before the game was even out is Shovel Knight 64. But nobody knows where they're gonna go next.

2) This year is all you'll get. They're working on the 3DS update right now and the ports. Wouldn't be shocked if they go with the PS platforms first before circling back around to Wii U. They're not gonna get more specific until they make an official announcement anyway. Everyone is bugging them about "their" platform being next right now.

Thanks for the reply guys. I had thought the Plague Knight patch was the end of the SK extra stuff, but more on the way is always great!

And a SK64 style game could be pretty awesome if they go in that direction. I wonder if it would if they would lean more toward adventure or RPG.

TheMoon

Thanks for the reply guys. I had thought the Plague Knight patch was the end of the SK extra stuff, but more on the way is always great!

And a SK64 style game could be pretty awesome if they go in that direction. I wonder if it would if they would lean more toward adventure or RPG.

http://shovelknight.wikia.com/wiki/Planned_Content

still coming (all of it free updates from the original KS stretch goals):

Specter Knight's campaign
King Knight's campaign
Gender Swap Mode
Battle Mode
All bosses playable in Battle Mode

Robin64

Speaking of Shovel Knight, I picked up the 3DS version at the weekend.

Firstly, it's some of the best 3D on the system. The layers all really pop, it just looks gorgeous. And secondly, the StreetPass is also really good. It might be one of the best, actually. Always fun seeing what my opponent does and if I will beat him.

RiggyRob

Ah, I've been hit with the good ol' Content ID for our Wind Waker HD video on YouTube - I could've sworn there was Nintendo/YouTube program where you could share the advertising money with them in order to keep the video up and get rid of the Content ID matches?

RiggyRob

I did not - thanks for the link, much appreciated. I thought it would have been an option on the Copright/Content ID page but it wasn't there.

I've already stuck a dispute for it in under fair use, going by Reddit it seems that if they don't respond in the first 5 days they're unlikely to respond at all.

Hopefully I can sign up and there's no damage done.

Edit: Bollocks, it's Japan and Americas only.

Refyref

Have any of you guys played Legend of Legacy? Thinking about picking it up.

Oddly, I was going to ask this too. After learning that the story is by the Chrono Trigger writer, and the music is by the Final Fantasy XIII composer, I have become interested. Seems to a bit too hardcore for some people, right?

Here's a good article discussing what Legend of Legacy is about and what you'll find in the game: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/ChristianNutt/20160122/264111/The_secret_of_The_Legend_of_Legacy.php

Basically, if you're interested in a fun battle system and SaGa styled character growth, it's the right place. If you're looking for a Final Fantasy like grand RPG or something, look elsewhere.

Robin64

Here's a good article discussing what Legend of Legacy is about and what you'll find in the game: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/ChristianNutt/20160122/264111/The_secret_of_The_Legend_of_Legacy.php

Basically, if you're interested in a fun battle system and SaGa styled character growth, it's the right place. If you're looking for a Final Fantasy like grand RPG or something, look elsewhere.

Excellent, thanks! It does sound like it will be my sort of game, so going to take the plunge.

I can't believe that technology has progressed to allow micro SD cards. I saw one in a store, and couldn't believe how tiny it was!

I like the regular size SD cards because they're a little more reasonable sized. And I don't have a new 3DS, only original ones. I'm still using my 16 GB card I bought a couple years ago.

KingWool

Banned
OH MY GOD
Yoshi’s Story (N64, 1,028 yen)
Shining Soul (GBA, 702 yen)

I need this so bad. Shining Soul OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

OH MY GOD
Yoshi’s Story (N64, 1,028 yen)
Shining Soul (GBA, 702 yen)

I need this so bad. Shining Soul OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I've never played Shining Soul, but Shining Soul II is one of the games I remember the most from my childhood. I can remember the very specifics of hearing about it and then acquiring it. I would love to see this in North America. I was always hoping for Shining Soul III :(

Rizzi

Thank you! Sounds like what I want to wash the taste of Bravely Default out of my mouth.

Pokemaniac

So it looks like Minecraft just reached #10 on the all time best sellers list for the Wii U eShop in NA. This thing just keeps climbing.

Chorazin

Absolutely worth that price. It's a meaty game but stick with it. Try all the weapons until one clicks with you!

Zekes!

I've never played Shining Soul, but Shining Soul II is one of the games I remember the most from my childhood. I can remember the very specifics of hearing about it and then acquiring it. I would love to see this in North America. I was always hoping for Shining Soul III :(

Shining Soul II is super dope. I would love a digital re-release.

Refyref

Thank you! Sounds like what I want to wash the taste of Bravely Default out of my mouth.

If you got annoyed by BD's story trick, I'm not sure how a game that is focused almost entirely on battles and doesn't even attempt to wrap it up with a story will suit you better. :p

tolkir

I saw that it was releasing on Circle Entertainment's Twitter account.

I liked the first game, but the final boss was so hard I couldn't beat it.

Yes, I remember. It had to beat it with a concrete way, otherwise, it had infinite life.
It was strange because the game was straight until that point.

Legend of Legacy sounds right up my alley but I didn't have that much fun with the demo, contrary to Bravely Default where I played the demo ad nauseum and the main game for like 90 hours or so.

Maybe I'll give it another shot.

I loooved Witch & Hero!

Bet the new one wont come out in my country though. :( I remember the only reason I could get the original was back in the days of switching regions to Europe.

Thanks for blocking that Nintendo. >_>

Refyref

I loooved Witch & Hero!

Bet the new one wont come out in my country though. :( I remember the only reason I could get the original was back in the days of switching regions to Europe.

Why wouldn't it come? Circle has started using IARC, so ratings isn't an issue anymore.

TheMoon

I loooved Witch & Hero!

already confirmed for the whole (!) PAL region (EU [incl. Germany], AU, NZ)

You must not have heard of IARC. Everything is basically guaranteed to come everywhere now since it costs devs nothing.

TheMoon

Oh thats cool, I'm glad I'll be able to play it then! :D

Too bad Isaac came out before that thing. :(

That's on Nicalis probably being lazy. You can just resubmit games and be done with it. You have to apply for an account with IARC though so they might be swamped with applicants right now. Gulatica talked about this a few posts ago.

Umibozu

having played legend of legacy to the end, I can say that the demo gives an accurate impression of the game. The full game just has more dungeons/weapons/monsters

RiggyRob

Here's Part 2 of our Let's Play of Wind Waker HD: https://youtu.be/-QwIgJLKIeU

Lots of pig rustling in this one! Again, if anyone wants to watch it and give us feedback on how we're doing, it'd greatly appreciated. Just need to figure out how to get more people actually watching it...

Interestingly enough, when we got Content ID matched for Wind Waker, the monetisation was stated as claimed by Nintendo, but for Xenoblade Chronicles X the monetisation disappears completely. I would have thought it would be the other way round if anything.

Next week, it releases Witch & Hero 2 in Japan too.

First was great game with good price.
Yes. Loved the first one! Glad to see a sequel!

I saw that it was releasing on Circle Entertainment's Twitter account.

I liked the first game, but the final boss was so hard I couldn't beat it.

Yes, I remember. It had to beat it with a concrete way, otherwise, it had infinite life.
It was strange because the game was straight until that point.
lol. I thought so too, until I figured out the secret.

Its so good.

Yall do realize that Medusa takes over The Witch at the end right?

Don't you control the witch throughout the entire game? ;)

If yall go back and beat it then DON'T input the code it gives you, it erased my file so I guess its meant to be a troll code. I reallly wanted do the post games mode too. :/

I beat Witch and Hero in one sitting. Loved ever minute of it.

Fun Fact. I haven't visited NintendoLife once since their 2 out of 10 review of the game. I'm still convinced the reviewer started the game, played the first level and then quit.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty – Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty brings the original classic Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee game to the Wii U console with a fully ground-up remake, featuring amazing next-gen visuals, reworked game play and new audio and music. Can you save the hapless Mudokons as Abe attempts to escape the meat factory and ultimately learn the true nature of his fate? The future of Oddworld relies on you!

Virtual Console on Wii U

Big Brain Academy – This Nintendo DS staple brings entertainment that anyone young or young-at-heart can enjoy. It’s the perfect way to challenge and stimulate your mind. Test your mental acuity in a five-category quiz: thinking, memorization, computation, analysis and identification.
Kuru Kuru Kururin – Oh no! Kururin’s brothers and sisters are lost across 10 different worlds! In a special helicopter, the Helirin, navigate through mazes as quickly as you can while avoiding obstacles such as walls, pistons and cannons. You can also customize your Helirin by using items acquired in Adventure mode.
Polarium Advance – In this Game Boy Advance puzzler, create horizontal rows of the same color to clear the board. Challenge yourself to 365 puzzles, with many modes that will test your mind.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Rock ‘N Racing Off Road (Wii U), Dress to Play: Magic Bubbles! (Nintendo 3DS) and more games from Enjoy Up are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 3.
The Legend of Legacy (Nintendo 3DS), Citizens of Earth (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) and more games from ATLUS are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 22.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Save up to 50 percent on select Wii U games including Teslagrad, Chariot and more in Nintendo eShop during the “Nindies Love You” sale! This offer is valid until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 25.
Nano Assault NEO is 25 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 3.
Puzzle Monkeys is 50 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 3.
Avoider, Color Bombs and more games from RCMADIAX are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 30.
Shadow Puppeteer is 10 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $13.49) starting at 9:00 a.m. PT on Feb. 12 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 15.
Girls Like Robots is over 25 percent off (reduced from $6.99 to $4.99) starting at 9:00 a.m. PT on Feb. 13 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 20.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Angry Bunnies, Color Zen and more games from Cypronia are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 14.
Brunch Panic and Sweet Memories – Blackjack are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 3.
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 18.
Petit Novel series – Harvest December is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $11.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 18.

Also new this week:

Word Puzzles by POWGI (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U)
Cutie Clash (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Cutie Pets Go Fishing (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Outside the Realm (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Vector Assault – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Petit Novel Series: Harvest December – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

I didn't even know there was a Polarium Advance. It was apparently a sequel to the DS version? That's crazy.

They made a sequel to a DS game on the GBA?

That's absolutely baffling.

Polarium DS was one of my first DS games. I got it for 5 dollars at Toys R Us the weekend after Christmas (when I got my DS).

GulAtiCa

Should keep in mind that GBA was still selling very well for a few years into DS launch. Makes sense. Though funny looking back.

KingWool

Banned
So what are everyone's thoughts on DS games on the Wii U? My big concern is how will these work on the next system....or hopefully it'll be emulated on the next handheld. I'm just concerned that I'll purchase them and it'll be locked to Wii U forever. I really want to buy a few of them but his lingers in the back of my mind.

Loona

Project X Zone 2 (Bandai Namco Games) - €39.99/£29.99
Project X Zone 2: SP Advanced Mode Addition (Bandai Namco Games, Add-on Content) - €2.49/£2.29
Project X Zone 2: Trial Cross Item Pack (Bandai Namco Games, Add-on Content) - Free
Project X Zone 2: Cross Item Pack 1-19 (Bandai Namco Games, Add-on Content) - €0.99/£0.89 each
Project X Zone 2: All-In-One Pack (Bandai Namco Games, Add-on Content) - €14.99/£13.49
Worlds are crossing once again! In the sequel to the original world crossing adventure, legendary characters from Japan’s most prolific video game publishers come together to create the biggest mashup strategy game ever! Developed by MONOLITH SOFTWARE INC., Project X Zone 2 gives gamers the opportunity to play as their favourite characters from a multitude of franchises and form teams of characters hailing from classic and current franchises and engage enemies through strategic turn-based battles.

Bonus for purchasing on Nintendo eShop: Download Codes for the theme "Project X Zone 2 - Theme" and “Rare Item Pack” add-on content included with every purchase of Project X Zone 2 from Nintendo eShop.

There's additional DLC for Project X Zone 2 aside from the pre-order bonus? Like, what is there really to offer? I'll nab the free one, but I don't really understand why....

*remembers how Namco sold items obtainable in game as DLC on consoles*

Heh I was confused by that until I remembered what they do with Tales games.
Still though, I wonder if 'SP Advanced Mode Addition' is the New Game+ that the first game had...?
Not so bothered about the theme but missing out on 'pre-order' DLC despite pre-ordering a physical copy is a little annoying.

So buying on the eShop is the only way to get the bonus stage that's part of the Rare Item Pack?

ProjectXZone2_bonusLG.jpg

I want to have a physical copy... does this mean that to get both that and the extra stage I need to buy the game twice, once physical and another digital?...
I don't see the stage mentioned in the DLC content packs listed above (I had no idea any were even planned)...

Maybe that information will be clearer when the game goes live on the eShop, and it'll actually be possible to buy the stage as part as some pack?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Also for some reason Polarium Advance was published by Atlus over here. I remember this because people thought they were publishing Mother 3 at the time.

Top Bottom