• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads | July 2017

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
That makes sense, new games are $59.99 + Tax, meaning if you wanted to purchase a new card for a new game you always had to purchase a $50 + Another denomination. Now you can just buy one to have enough to cover you.

maxcriden

Not in the demo.

Thanks for the info. That is very surprising to me as I would expect those levels to he the final versions. But maybe an incentive for replay gets unlocked as you play through the game. I can't think of the last Nintendo 2D sidescroller that didn't include a reason to replay levels.

TheMoon

Thanks for the info. That is very surprising to me as I would expect those levels to he the final versions. But maybe an incentive for replay gets unlocked as you play through the game. I can't think of the last Nintendo 2D sidescroller that didn't include a reason to replay levels.

I wouldn't look too hard into this. It's a super tiny demo.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
It is, the cool part about the demo is that they show you the first level and a level from quite a bit later. it really is just linear Pikmin from the side. Loved it.

My daughter is playing it now, 9, she loves it too. I think I'm ready to fully pass on my 3DS to her on July 29th with this and Miitopia.

I'm mildly interested in Metroid and Eterian V. But for now I'm all Switch.

zigg

What's a good downloadable Switch game for playing at a table at a party?

Snipperclips is always pretty good but I'm wondering if anything else is out there.

I've got four pair of Joy-Cons.

Experien

Snipperclips is always pretty good but I'm wondering if anything else is out there.

Bomberman, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Astro Duel Deluxe, 1-2 Switch, and probably some more.

Mario Kart 8D and FAST RMX depending on how far people are awawy.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Think 2 player.

I've tried 4 players on the Switch itself, but she is just too small.

I'd say Puyo Puyo Tetris is a good one. You don't need the space like you do for arms motion control.

Was it the same list of games that we had in 2016?

I think so? I don't remember what we had last year. All I remember was Splatoon because I was tempted to get it but figured it was pointless with 2 right around the corner and everyone migrating to that online community. Sorry for late reply.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
People use the gender she/her when referring to technology. Especially cars/trucks.
Even Sega has done this.

0fa5002aac9a3c126bc2705468541b1c1402407551_full.jpg

clearly females.

..........what the hell are we talking about again??

jonno394

I'm so grateful for the apparent upcoming lull of eShop releases around Splatoon 2, because i have far too many games to catch up on, just started GoNNER last night, no idea what i'm doing but it sure is pretty!

Vanillalite

Nintendo America website hasn't really updated with anything.

So Switch there is basically Splat 2 and Fate.

YMMV if/when they will announce more indies for the rest of the month into August.

Robin64

So in for Infinite Minigolf. Game looks clean as hell and I can't wait to see what courses people come up with.

patientx

After watching the trailer here, Infinite Mini Golf seems like a fun game. I wonder it they would let us use one of joycons like the wiimote with this. Also course sharing seems to be around all platforms, am I right ?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
After watching the trailer here, Infinite Mini Golf seems like a fun game. I wonder it they would let us use one of joycons like the wiimote with this. Also course sharing seems to be around all platforms, am I right ?

I watched that trailer, that LOOKS awesome, but I'll wait for reviews. $14.99 is the perfect price point. Is this the same company that also did Zen Pinball, or is that naming coincidence? Because that was a pretty well received game by Pinball nerds.

EDIT: duh I just read their Twitter, it is. Okay, that gives me hope in this game. They did quality work on those Pinball games, though I never played them outside their demos.

Vanillalite

I had no idea that was coming to Switch

Cause Nintendo doesn't have an all encompassing blog where stuff like this would post. The what's new on the Nintendo website and News section on the Switch just post random info. Plus most of it isn't third party.

I mean look at this thread. It's always an Indiana Jones and the Search for eShop titles to see what's coming soon by scouting out different region's info in different places to know what's coming next.

Shizza

That trailer grabbed my interest. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun to experiment with the different course segments and obstacles. And with the sharable courses, it'll be great to check out the ones created by other people.

deadfolk

Would be nice if we got an update on a slew of games from the indie showcase like Stardew, War Groove, Overcooked ect...

Yeah, it's weird. They made a big deal out of them and got us all excited and then they've gone completely dark on most of them.

It's annoying, because I need to budget for them.

Experien

I think the KS for Hive Jump wants to be the last game on the Wii U. They keep getting declined for submission to Nintendo, they are on at least their third attempt.

Not sure how much I am going to get it for play by the time it releases.

Top Bottom