• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo EPD Producer Kosuke Yabuki Interview on Mario Kart 8 DX

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Huh? You mean just because it lacked a proper battle mode? Game had as many karts and courses as any other in the series? I don't see how that's light in content

Technically it had less than DS, Wii, and 7 because it didn't have any specific battle arenas.

It's a valid criticism. Battle mode sucked.

Has that been confirmed? Konno is the main man behind Mario Kart, and he is not involved with Arms. Seems he is working on FE.

Even still, given that Mario Kart has essentially taken a one-game hiatus and both Deluxe and Arms are finished, we can expect the next release to be roughly on schedule.
Yes, the Mario Kart team is developing MK8D and Arms. I wouldn't say MK8D is a hiatus. Mario Kart always follows the one Mario Kart per platform. Nintendo can have the evergreen MK8D selling, while working on other projects. Also, you are correct that the Mario Kart team usually releases games every 2-3 years. However, with the unified team structure and Nintendo moving towards new IPs we don't know if we will see Mario Kart in 2-3 years. I think we may see Nintendo Kart as 2020 release. Mario Kart 8D almost seems like the Swan Song for the Mario Kart series.

Blues1990

Given that all the content from the Wii U version (DLC included) is on the Switch cartridge, that alone is attractive enough for me to pick it up when it comes out in April, what with space being a precious commodity.

And if they do want to add additional content, a la DLC Packs, I hope they'll focus more on adding new & old battle courses, such as the timeless Block Fort or a large steel ball cage arena that it's main mechanic is anti-gravity 100% of the time.

I love Mario Kart 8 but I'm still just so disappointed this doesn't have any new race tracks. :(

Even some new retro cups, anything! :(

I honestly think, assuming the battle mode is as good as it sounds, this will be the only version of Mario Kart you'll ever need. As much as 16+ new tracks would be amazing, I would like Nintendo's development teams to work on new stuff. ARMS is a nice start and looks promising, so I'm happy with the direction they're taking.

Has that been confirmed? Konno is the main man behind Mario Kart, and he is not involved with Arms. Seems he is working on FE.

They said when ARMS was shown it was the Mario Kart team...and they've reiterated that multiple times because everyone seems to think it's some Wii Boxing remake

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The Mario Kart team is working on ARMS, not too mention this port. Mario Kart 9 isn't coming out any time soon.

If Nintendo wants a game out they will put people on the team to get it out.

Mario Kart 7 had Retro helping out.

Mario Kart 8 had help from Bandai Namco.

Besides this game is basically finished (seriously, the demos they showed has everything in place) and ARMS is set to release this year. That gives them the rest of '17, the whole of '18 and an unspecified amount of 2019 to make a 2019 release.

Top Bottom