• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Insider Leaks Remake Of Xenoblade Chronicles X As Potential Switch 2 Title

fart town usa

Gold Member
That only combat system by Monolith Soft that's worse is Xenosaga 2.
Yea, I would never consider the battle system to be good, it's not and it's honestly really boring and underwhelming. It's everything else in XBX that elevates the game as a whole, at least to me. The exploration is great and I really dig the ridiculous OST and goofy characters. When my wife would see me playing it and laugh at me, I'd refer to it as my "turbo Japan" game. Lol. "Cut me some slack, I never play stuff like this! 😅"

cireza

Would be interesting if 60fps. Otherwise I won't even bother. I simply can't rotate cameras on modern TVs at 30fps anymore, the blur is unbearable.

Zannegan

For what it's worth, the mecha combat is pretty much like that. Once you get your party a couple of Ares 70's and Ares 90's, you can literally oneshot almost everything except for a few world bosses.

And those aren't even the strongest mechs.
I played it on Wii U, and I did love the mechs. I guess I'd like a bigger focus on movement and dodging, hitboxes instead of pure probabilities, but it's more of an idle dream than something I'd ever expect them to do. Too much of an overhaul.

NanaMiku

And finally getting your mech is STILL the most game changing moment in gaming for me.
Still the most awesome mecha game out there. You can get off and on any time you want. It's really rewarding when you finally get that mecha license.

So the key question about this is, will it include the boob slider this time?

Also since it was censored in the last version in US and EU, I think we deserve twice as much this time, so maximum should be double the old max and with enhanced physics.

pIPHHVt.jpg
They also need to bring back dual dub lol

Deerock71

You're gonna hate XBX, lol. Unless they change it, the battle system doesn't have any healing spells and heal items are rare special items. The way it works is that there's different colors for attacks, and they will flash on your UI as you're fighting. Basically have to do attacks that correspond to what your team is doing and then a timed pop up comes up and you hit B at the right time, gives everyone some health.

It's confusing and convoluted but it's pretty easy once you come to terms with it. Most enemies are trash mobs but it's easy to stumble into an enemy that will one-hit you.

It's a hard game to describe and most people don't realize how massive it is. It's really impressive and it's a top shelf game all day but it's definitely not for everyone.
Oh man, when I say XC 3 is the first time it clicked with me, it's because I've played ALL the others. I'm hoping it gets re-tooled to be more like 3. 🙏

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's like they still haven't improved from Xenosaga 1 lol
Most people going disagree with me but I rather they go with Xenoblade 2&3 route when it comes to their character models instead of doll face…..basically this and UI is my only complain for XCX.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

Most people going disagree with me but I rather they go with Xenoblade 2&3 route when it comes to their character models instead of doll face…..basically this and UI is my only complain for XCX.
Well, technically it makes sense why the character model is like a doll if we look at the story.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Well, technically it makes sense why the character model is like a doll if we look at the story.
I don’t think it’s because of that reason why character models look like this. I have the art book for XCX and the actual character designs are fantastic, it just the 3D models I don’t like.

I think they should not waste their resources on a title, which was not a fan favorite anyway and spend the resources rather to polish their next game.

Mister Wolf

I think they should not waste their resources on a title, which was not a fan favorite anyway and spend the resources rather to polish their next game.

They're pretty good at breaking into two teams and being successful. The B team did Xenoblade DE while the main team worked on Xenoblade 3. Same thing probably going on with this.

Last edited:

Quartermuncher

Neo Member
Ehhh, they would have to redo the story. And in a Xeno game? X was THE most dissapointing. Its below Xenosaga 2 and that is NOT a compliment. Otherwise a remake would be fruitless even if good looking.

Go_Ly_Dow

XC3's character models were great. DF praised the improvements made from XC1 and XC2.

I'll only get a Switch 2 when Monolith's game is coming lol.

Mister Wolf

It doesnt, story is no qhere near as detailed as the trilogy

It makes laugh when the X fans desperately try to insert X's story into the trilogy. The story was shit in X and Takahashi dropped it and moved on. It was Takahashi's attempt at doing a Xenosaga type story again and it wasn't well received just like Xenosaga. The low sales of the Xenosaga Trilogy and Xenoblade X speak for themselves.

Shut0wen

It makes laugh when the X fans desperately try to insert X's story into the trilogy. The story was shit in X and Takahashi dropped it and moved on. It was Takahashi's attempt at doing a Xenosaga type story again and it wasn't well received just like Xenosaga. The low sales of the Xenosaga Trilogy and Xenoblade X speak for themselves.
Exactly, dont get me wrong its not a bad game in anyway but compared to the trilogy its incredibly barebones, its actually like playing an mmo but with literally no one to play with

Mister Wolf

Exactly, dont get me wrong its not a bad game in anyway but compared to the trilogy its incredibly barebones, its actually like playing an mmo but with literally no one to play with

Takahashi didn't learn his lesson from the Xenosaga trilogy flop and had to be humbled again by low interest and low sales of X. Made him realize that building upon the storytelling and gameplay of Xenoblade 1 was the proper direction for the company.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Not really. The tech involved makes them near perfect copies of humans in every way down to appearance and biology. Rather similar to Synthetics from Alien franchise or just about any Android in fiction. You can tell right away by the way the eyes look. Game was released in 2015 so I don't think we need to hide anything behind spoiler tags. Most of the MIM population was told and believes they are humans and outside of a few individuals no one knows that everyone is a Mimeosome.

If there was any correlation to Xenosaga for the MIMs it's quite easy to find in Realians and Combat Cyborgs.

It's only when you reach the end of the game that you learn a whole lot about MIMs and the Lifehold Core and how everything is supposed to work.

Game ends on a cliffhanger and we really need a sequel.

Mister Wolf

Not really. The tech involved makes them near perfect copies of humans in every way down to appearance and biology. Rather similar to Synthetics from Alien franchise or just about any Android in fiction. You can tell right away by the way the eyes look. Game was released in 2015 so I don't think we need to hide anything behind spoiler tags. Most of the MIM population was told and believes they are humans and outside of a few individuals no one knows that everyone is a Mimeosome.

If there was any correlation to Xenosaga for the MIMs it's quite easy to find in Realians and Combat Cyborgs.

It's only when you reach the end of the game that you learn a whole lot about MIMs and the Lifehold Core and how everything is supposed to work.

Game ends on a cliffhanger and we really need a sequel.

Yeah they are making excuses for Tanaka's character designs. In 2D they are fine:

latest

In 3D they look weird like dolls:

OIP.gJyEAUK7HBY8dV9yYFaHNwHaEK

OIP.tVvGxMGEOyFUsNXsagEqGQHaEK

Saito > Tanaka

fart town usa

Gold Member
It doesnt, story is no qhere near as detailed as the trilogy
Completely irrelevant. XBX has a ton of story in it. It may not be as good as XB1-3, I've never played them myself, but one series having a better story doesn't confirm that a spin off title is completely lacking in story/narrative.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
How has this not been posted yet

Best track and it was blasphemous they waited until the very end to blast you in the face with it.

Top Bottom