• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Strategy Briefing 2015 thread (Nintendo discusses smartphone title Miitomo)

me0wish

With unrealistic expectations like these, everyone on this thread will be overly disappointed, this thread will soon become "OMG NINTENDO IS DOOMED" thread, this is a strategy briefing for God's sake, not E3.

Cyd0nia

Banned
What I want:

Donkey Kong CC
Yoshi Touch & Go
Brain Age Redux - Capacitative Touch Screen Boogaloo
Links Crossbow Touchscreen Shooty Thing
Metroid Morph Ball Peggle
Mario Paint Music Composer
Swapnote Mobile Edition, Nikki's Penis Sharing Revenge

What we'll get:

My Little Mobile Game Shouldnt Be This Cute
Nintendogs (Walk Your Dog While Walking a Real Dog Edition)
Miiverse app
eShop app

Doctre81

Nice, thanks.

I thought they said (or someone said it lol) that it was gonna be one from their IP library.

It is but I've seen people suggesting they port over mini games and smalls games they already made. That's not gonna make them a ton of money.

ffdgh

With unrealistic expectations like these, everyone on this thread will be overly disappointed, this thread will soon become "OMG NINTENDO IS DOOMED" thread, this is a strategy briefing for God's sake, not E3.
No one is reasonably expecting much lol. Expectations are at an all time low.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm fine if the game sucks so long as we get info or the app itself for the new account/rewards/eshop/miiverse shit.

Nintendo does not develop Pokemon games to begin with. Can we please stop with this, it got beyond annoying.

Its not Pokemon, end of story.
No, can you please stop this. Pokemon Shuffle Mobile was obviously green lighted by Nintendo because they own the trademarks to characters used in the game but it was not published by Nintendo, it was published by TPC (If you want just go on Google Play and you will see TPC listed as publisher) therefore it is not a Nintendo mobile game.

If you are going to argue that anything Published by TPC is a Nintendo game then you will have to believe that Nintendo has been publishing mobile games since 2011 when the first mobile Pokemon game was realeased by TPC.

AdanVC

https://mobile.twitter.com/hodapp/status/659508942452731904

Not sure who he is, but he says gamers will be disappointed, but everyone else will love it.

So...better to just wait for the Direct for "hardcorz" stuff, I guess.

Nothing can be as dissapointing as Nintendo at E3 2015 so bring it on!

No but jokes aside. I'm worried. this is the second guy who says something similar that literally we should "Not expect a megaton" with Nintendo's first mobile game... Ugh

Galafar

Neo Member
Advance Wars, Fire Emblem and WarioWare are pretty much the only Nintendo games I can think of that can translate perfectly into mobile.

Oh, Dr. Mario, too, but that's too obvious lol

This is officially the launch of Nintendo's next generation. Starting with mobile and followed up with NX.

Wii U/3DS era is dead.

Oersted

No, can you please stop this. Pokemon Shuffle Mobile was obviously green lighted by Nintendo because they own the trademarks to characters used in the game but it was not published by Nintendo, it was published by TPC (If you want just go on Google Play and you will see TPC listed as publisher) therefore it is not a Nintendo mobile game.

If you are going to argue that anything Published by TPC is a Nintendo game then you will have to believe that Nintendo has been publishing mobile games since 2011 when the first mobile Pokemon game was realeased by TPC.

I don't even get what you are arguing anymore. Nintendo's first smartphone game will not be Pokemon. There is no room for debate.

Isn't "everyone else" the audience that matters for this title?

Yes. And goddamn I hate this us vs them rhetoric.

hmm

Randy Bo-Bandy ‏@hodapp 1h1 hour ago
The IAP in the Nintendo iOS game is probably going to really piss off the IAP haters, but top grossing chart shows casual gamers don’t care.

Chris Johnston
‏@superpac
@hodapp oh it definitely will and I’m sure many sites will declare Nintendo dead because of it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This is officially the launch of Nintendo's next generation. Starting with mobile and followed up with NX.

Wii U/3DS era is dead.
You heard it here first... No more WiiU/3DS games to be released - the insider has spoken.

AdanVC

10 minutes let's gooo!

nintendo_characters_dmipyz.gif

Canon

Banned
Prediction:

Animal Crossing

Quote me if I'm wrong, I will quote myself if I'm right. Actually, be a man and forget I said anything if I'm wrong.

Nanashrew

Banned
Prediction:

Animal Crossing

Quote me if I'm wrong, I will quote myself if I'm right. Actually, be a man and forget I said anything if I'm wrong.

Animal Crossing is doing super well on handhelds and have been selling systems for Nintendo. I kinda don't expect it since it has become a system seller in Japan.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Prediction:

Animal Crossing

The whole "hardcore won't care, but everyone else will" leads me to this conclusion too. But it's a pretty massive Nintendo IP and this is suppose to be small.

They will need to announce some NX stuff to offset any crazy disappointment just in case.

Is the WSJ blog going to auto update as they go, or is there another live blog update feed?

Top Bottom