• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmizzal

Guys
The leaked list is not the full list of the reveal, it's only the game playable at ONE specific European event

We'll have way more during the press conference, and maybe even some more playable in the american or japanese event. Maybe it's not even the full list for the specific European event.

All we know is that these games seems to exist and will likely be shown.

This so much, people freak out over dumb stuff

I'm sorry but 3D Mario and Zelda alone would make this the best launch since the NES, if you don't care about those IP's it's your problem.

wwm0nkey

The first few points are totally believable and what will eventually be in a MHXX Switch version but
Switch Axe, exclusive subs and DaS collab
? Yeah nah.

There is no reason that collab couldn't happen. Would be good for both series too imo

Nairume

Banned
Could someone enlighten me on Street Fighter naming conventions and what that implies for "Ultra Street Fighter 2?"
Consider this

Let's take a moment to think about the times they've "change" SF2's name versus the times they've just made small modifications

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior to SF2: Champion Edition introduced the ability for mirror matches and playing as the four bosses. A solid update.

Champion Edition to Turbo: Hyper Fighting introduced turbo speed and added/changed character specials. Significant change.

SF2 Turbo to Super SF2: The New Warriors introduced entirely new characters and updated visuals/audio. A significant update.

SSF2: The New Warriors to SSF2 Turbo added super moves, brought back turbo mode, and added in a superboss.

From there you get SSF2 Turbo X For Matchmaking Services, which is Super Turbo with online play. Online is a major change in and of itself, but the title is otherwise the same to reflect how it's still Super Turbo.

Then you get Super Turbo HD Remix. Everything is redrawn, the music is new, and there are definitely balance changes, but the name is still the same to reflect how it's still Super Turbo.

Hyper Street Fighter 2 brought about the first actual name change in a while, and that introduced the significant change of being able to select versions of characters that matched up to how they played in specific versions of the game and have them fight against versions of characters from other SF2 updates. A significant change.

If they are both changing it to "Ultra" and are introducing a new subtitle, there's something big happening here.

Another thing to keep in mind. This is a Japan event. It's possible they are focusing more on the Japan-centric titles (Disgaea 5, SF, Bomberman, etc.) for this presentation, and have news about Western-third party stuff during the Treehouse or even later on.

Not saying that's definitely the case, but it's a possibility to consider.

That would be a mistake. Investors are watching too. They need to show a few games for each area of they exists.

This is so ridiculous, Nintendo. Today should be a day of anticipation and excitement for your biggest fans, and instead you take that goodwill and essentially flush it down the toilet with the stress of potentially not being able to secure a preorder.

Haha, I think someone is projecting.

Comandr

mariokiller.com

PinkTalkativeEasternnewt.gif

/dead

Oersted

This thread has gone to a weird place...

If you gorge yourself on leaks, Don't be surprised if there is a lack of "surprises" at the event. For everyone else, everything is a surprise.

This whole conference is for me not about the surprises of "which games".

I mean we know Nintendo. And all their studios are focussing on it. Who is going to be surprised about Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon, 3D Mario, Pokemon etc etc

Right, noone. Question is how did they change, how do they look and play.

PMS341

"Odyssey" just doesn't sound right to me. I actually had to look up the right spelling before posting. Normally Nintendo titles have easy to pronounce, simple subtitles. Super Mario Land/World/Galaxy. Everyone knows these words, even a kid. Odyssey though? I live in the Netherlands which has one of the highest EF EPI scores of the world and I think most people here could not tell you what odyssey means. Actually, I didn't really know what it is either... I just looked it up :p.

My point is, it doesn't really seem very Nintendo-like and it sounds like the subtitle of a fanmade Mario game.

One of the most famous, classic pieces of literature is called the Odyssey.

You'd be surprised how many people still can't pronounce "Ocarina" correctly.

BigEmil

"Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers - Port with new content."

Wow hope that's true it would make Switch a day 1 for me :)

Ugh. So GameStop, despite taking a list of names, isn't going to call the names on that list and can't take preorders over the phone, despite doing that with the New 3DS.

Guess they're losing my business and I'll try to go through Amazon or Best Buy. I'd go to a GameStop store, but I'm out of town at the moment and can't go to a local store.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Guys
The leaked list is not the full list of the reveal, it's only the game playable at ONE specific European event

We'll have way more during the press conference, and maybe even some more playable in the american or japanese event. Maybe it's not even the full list for the specific European event.

All we know is that these games seems to exist and will likely be shown.

No one want to listen. Let overreact first and think later.

Taker666

Looking at the list, it does make sense for a hands on event.

The big first party launch titles (Zelda, Mario).

Games with a local two player on a single screen focus..or multiplayer across multiple devices focus(Street fighter, Bomberman, FAST, Mario Kart, Splatoon)

Games to show off unique functionality (Snipperclips, 1,2, Switch).

Not saying it's legit ...but what is there makes perfect sense.

Nairume

Banned
Ugh. So GameStop, despite taking a list of names, isn't going to call the names on that list and can't take preorders over the phone, despite doing that with the New 3DS.

Guess they're losing my business and I'll try to go through Amazon or Best Buy. I'd go to a GameStop store, but I'm out of town at the moment and can't go to a local store.
The list of names thing was an unofficial store by store thing.

Oh for real? Learn something new everyday, huh

Yeah... Normally it's shown in a sterile environment without having the protector on the device though. Not sure who decided to start advertising it like that but I saw it on smartphones all the time. Marketing is weird.

Sucks for you. I'm ok with this though. Might cut down on scalping.

RM8

Street Fighter, Mario Kart, Bomberman and FAST sounds like a blast at parties. I'm going to be my friends' own Karen.

Really? I was always under the impression that those lists were just meant for general interest, not promising you a spot. Crazy that some stores went the opposite route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom