• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch | North American Releases (Digital, Physical)

hiro_x

Is skylanders available digitally? It's listed here but it's not in the eshop?

I want to buy it digitally for my son and don't want to buy the starter pack

Jesus...I don't think I've ever bought (or intended to buy) more games the first year of a console's life than with Switch.

Favorite lineup of stuff in a long while.

That's my situation as well! Not only am I buying more games that I usually would, I'm actually beating them thanks to being able to play just about anywhere. By comparison, I have a few Xbox/PS4 games from last fall/early this year that I still haven't really played...

Just Zelda, Snipperclips, Super Mario, maybe Skyrim, and Zenoblade Chronicles 2 for me. It's going to be a long wait. Well plenty of other things to play in the meantime.

Yeah, looks like I'm buying nothing in May. Minecraft is not my thing.

That's okay. I have a back catalog as it is.

Plus, really hope some VC news hits, if not release, come E3 time in June.

UberTag

Cripes at digital-only NBA Playgrounds taking up more storage space than Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
Seems like Snake Pass and Mr. Shifty chew through an excessive amount of storage space as well.

Got an exclusive find for you; EB Games in-store leaked that Portal Knights is retail-bound on Switch:

portal-knights-switch-resize.jpg

Awesome thread. I was trying to find a list of physical releases for Switch, and this is one of the best I've found on the internet. A small issue with the way the thread is done, though. Your use of links ruins your way of marking games with a physical release on the mobile version of the site, as it automatically underlines any links.

I would personally arrange things a bit differently. I'd do three lists for games already released. Physical and digital, physical only, and digital only. Get rid of the whole breaking it up into months. Who really cares what month games came out after their release? And it will get pretty messy if you intend to keep this thread going and updated for a couple of years. Maybe do the same for unreleased games, or just have one section. Either way, I'd still get rid of the breaking it down into months thing, and just put the release next to the title and have it in chronological order. I'd make the whole thing look more like:

Released Games

Physical and Digital
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild(13.6 GB | OT | Review Thread)
I am Setsuna (1.3 GB | OT | Review Thread)

Digital Only
Fast RMX (841 MB | OT | Review Thread)
Snipperclips (948 MB | Demo | OT | Review Thread)
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (188 MB | OT | Review Thread)

Physical Only
Skylanders: Imaginators (OT | Review Thread)

Upcoming Releases

Last Resort - June 1st
GoNNER - June 8th
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - June 8th
Cars 3: Driven to Win - June 13th
Cube Life: Island Survival - TBD
Dandara - TBD
Death Squared -TBD
Golf Story - TBD
Infinite Minigolf -TBD
Oceanhorn -TBD
Phantom Trigger - TBD

Something like that. Just makes things overall simpler, and takes care of the mobile issues. Just my two cents.

chronomac

Awesome thread. I was trying to find a list of physical releases for Switch, and this is one of the best I've found on the internet. A small issue with the way the thread is done, though. Your use of links ruins your way of marking games with a physical release on the mobile version of the site, as it automatically underlines any links.
Thanks for the kind words and especially for the advice. I've been meaning to change things up and your idea makes a lot of sense. I honestly think the whole list would work better if I had some font/color options. Regardless, I'm going to play around with it and see what works.

MarkusRJR

How is I Am Setsuna? With the announcement of Cold Sphear I'm interested to try it out. Chrono Trigger is one my favorite games of all time and the game gives me similar vibes.

It's either that, Minecraft (which I own on Xbox), or Cave Story (which I own on Wii). Looking for a nice digital game to play on the go.

A lot of people have seemed down on I Am Setsuna. I'm still kind of curious about it.

Did it receive an official US release? Physically I mean. The one I've seen had a Japanese cart and crap inside. It also had two cover art sleeves, one in English and one in Japanese. Like it was just a Japanese version with an extra English sleeve. I know that game itself has English on it, but that seems crazy lazy to not even print out new cart stickers in English.

antispin

Thanks for the kind words and especially for the advice. I've been meaning to change things up and your idea makes a lot of sense. I honestly think the whole list would work better if I had some font/color options. Regardless, I'm going to play around with it and see what works.

My suggestion would be to add an icon/emoticon to an entry, since physical releases are so few. Something like this 💪 (physical, :p) or a cart icon. Great OP, btw! Thanks for your effort.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
My suggestion would be to add an icon/emoticon to an entry, since physical releases are so few. Something like this 💪 (physical, :p) or a cart icon. Great OP, btw! Thanks for your effort.

Tried to make a Switch cart icon but it's not super obvious as to what it is.

ElX8dHY.png

How is I Am Setsuna? With the announcement of Cold Sphear I'm interested to try it out. Chrono Trigger is one my favorite games of all time and the game gives me similar vibes.
I bought it on the Switch last month, played for about four hours and can't find it in me to finish. There are a lot of things that the game does right - I think some of the RPG elements such as having optimal set-ups for characters based on class and weapon stats are done well. Battles can also be pretty fun if you enjoy ATB. The influences of Chrono Trigger are very apparent, and for the most part are executed nicely. However, the game is sloooooow. Like, the pacing is painful. The story is not that great and seems to constantly go nowhere. You can also only save at certain points, and the game likes to throw "boss opponents" at you without giving you a chance to save or properly heal/stock up. There's a battle very early on in the game that I lost, and had to redo a lot to get back to that point. (Anyone who played the game probably knows what I'm referring to)

If Chrono Trigger is one of your favourite games of all time, then there is quite a bit to take away from the game in terms of familiarity and nostalgia. It's certainly not as good as Chrono though, and I would keep my expectations low.

MarkusRJR

A lot of people have seemed down on I Am Setsuna. I'm still kind of curious about it.

Did it receive an official US release? Physically I mean. The one I've seen had a Japanese cart and crap inside. It also had two cover art sleeves, one in English and one in Japanese. Like it was just a Japanese version with an extra English sleeve. I know that game itself has English on it, but that seems crazy lazy to not even print out new cart stickers in English.

I bought it on the Switch last month, played for about four hours and can't find it in me to finish. There are a lot of things that the game does right - I think some of the RPG elements such as having optimal set-ups for characters based on class and weapon stats are done well. Battles can also be pretty fun if you enjoy ATB. The influences of Chrono Trigger are very apparent, and for the most part are executed nicely. However, the game is sloooooow. Like, the pacing is painful. The story is not that great and seems to constantly go nowhere. You can also only save at certain points, and the game likes to throw "boss opponents" at you without giving you a chance to save or properly heal/stock up. There's a battle very early on in the game that I lost, and had to redo a lot to get back to that point. (Anyone who played the game probably knows what I'm referring to)

If Chrono Trigger is one of your favourite games of all time, then there is quite a bit to take away from the game in terms of familiarity and nostalgia. It's certainly not as good as Chrono though, and I would keep my expectations low.
Hmmmm... guess I'll wait for a sale.

Speaking of sales, is the functionality for a publisher to put their game on sale implemented on the eShop? I've yet to see any publisher put a game on sale, which is strange. I don't think there's even a way to filter for sales like on 3DS and Wii U.

chronomac

I ended up making this change, from underline to bold and reorganized the headers a bit. It should work better on mobile now.

I don't think I'm going to add images for the physical releases - box art or emoticons - simply because it'll clog up the organization. I might add something to separate the sections but not sure what exactly. I probably need some nice art like the Nintendo Downloads thread's got. Thank you for the suggestions, though.

Also, I uploaded a spreadsheet version of the schedule to Google Drive, organized vertically by month and horizontally by week. I originally made this weeks ago and it's the version of the schedule I still prefer looking at. Obviously it doesn't work here but I figured some of you might like it. I'll continue to update it as regularly as this thread.

Nice work.

I'm thinking about going crazy and going for a complete US physical collection. I'm mostly there already. Something about carts just does it for me.

MartyStu

Nice work.

I'm thinking about going crazy and going for a complete US physical collection. I'm mostly there already. Something about carts just does it for me.

Same here. But I can quantify it: re-sale value.

I actually really want to get Shovel Knight, but the lack of a physical release kills me.

Nice work.

Cartridges/Boxarts did it in for me. I went all digital on the 3DS, but there's something awesome about popping Street Fighter II on a cartridge into a console in 2017.

Edit: someone did some awesome box art mockups for digital-only games:

I would have bought every single one. :|

Same here. But I can quantify it: re-sale value.

I actually really want to get Shovel Knight, but the lack of a physical release kills me.

This is number one on my dream list. Would fucking love a cartridge of Shovel Knight. One of my favorite games of the last few years.

I think the only things I don't have right now are Just Dance, 1 2 Switch, Lego City, and Street Fighter. Waiting on some sale or used prices.

Have a first print of Binding of Isaac already and a copy of I Am Setsuna on the way. Those seem like the rarest two out there right now. Not that Isaac is too hard to find. I was happy to get the last one from my local Best Buy so I got my gamers club discount on it.

Neon Joy Cons are in stock at Amazon as of this posting. Link.

They still seem pretty hard to find. Last few times I've checked they've been out of stock.

EDIT: Sold out.

I want those neon yellow joy cons just to spite my wife who thinks they're ugly as sin.

She's ugly as sin.

That escalated quickly.

But I agree the neon yellow joycons are awesome. I would love to find a regular pair of neon joycons for sale. They always sell out before I can grab a set.

That escalated quickly.

But I agree the neon yellow joycons are awesome. I would love to find a regular pair of neon joycons for sale. They always sell out before I can grab a set.

They lasted about an hour after I posted them last night. Not sure how long they were up before. I've been casually checking the last few days, and it was the first time I'd seen them in stock directly from Amazon. Once it arrives, I'll have one neon, one grey, and two pro controllers. I'm all set.

U2NUMB

Are those covers from TheCoverProject or are they all custom?

Not from TheCoverProject... they only seem to have official art for the Switch. I bought a bunch of empty cases and plan on creating art for all the digital games I buy.

Not sure why but the cases for the Physical games on Switch have really struck a note on my collectors itch so I plan on buying as many as I can. I do with Nintendo games went on sale more often..

Jesus this year is going to be insane for the Switch X___x

Yep. Really disappointed in the lack of virtual console news. But, they had the most games I was excited to play this year at E3. Most of what Sony and MS showed that excited me was 2018. Nintendo brought the 2017 heat with Mario Rabbids, Mario Mario, Fire Emblem Heroes, and Xenoblade 2.

They did a great job. Just wished they had news to share about the rewards program. As it is, most of our coins are seemingly going to expire before this program even gets here.

This thread is super helpful in keeping track of the smaller games that are being launched on the Switch. Love that it's still being updated. Thanks OP!

chronomac

Thanks for the kind words. I was about to bump this thread but you did it for me.

I've actually decided to keep a log of every change made to the schedule, so that I can bump this regularly but not too regularly. Here's (basically) every change from Saturday, July 1st until today.

Added:
  • Hex Gambit (2018)
  • Implosion (July 6)
  • The Longest Five Minutes (2018)
  • Next Up Hero (2018)
  • Nights of Azure 2: Bride of The New Moon (October 24)
  • Thimbleweed Park (TBD)
  • Putty Pals (TBD)
Moved:
Edited:

Getting a 200GB SD Micro card. Is it fairly easy to insert, and do I need to do anything in the settings after inserting it such as formatting the card?

Top Bottom