• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch running Breath of The Wild on Jimmy Fallon

I don't know if I ever told somebody but I was always irritated when Skyward Sword - Link was in a closeup like this one. He reminds me strongly of Michael Jackson after his first years of cosmetic surgery. Creepy.
He does forreal! In some scenes he look just like him! I love MJ though so I loved how he looked in Skyward Sword. 😍

😂

What is up with people on this board making things up or jumping to conclusions? It's getting out of hand and making us all look bad.

We can't have Nintendo's next console getting only good press and looking like they made all the correct decisions now, can we? Gotta find something to complain about... Screen, bezel, RAM...

Oh, ports! Let's all complain about ports now! Ports haven't had a turn in a while.

We can't have Nintendo's next console getting only good press and looking like they made all the correct decisions now, can we? Gotta find something to complain about... Screen, bezel, RAM...

Oh, ports! Let's all complain about ports now! Ports haven't had a turn in a while.
It's the Nintendo thread tractor beam. Like flies to shit.

I expect the screen to be rather cheap, but this is bullet bullshit to the highest degree. What footage have you seen so far?

Nintendo can't win - let's say they put in a high quality screen that ramped the cost up by $50 - you can almost guarantee that people would be bitching that the device was too expensive. Selling anything on a mass scale at a decent price, there has to be compromises. With the PS4 it was shit controllers that fall to bits in a slight breeze, with Switch it might be a slightly worse than hoped for screen.

TheMoon

well if it's region free it's a really massive deal for me. It already was, but dammit finally the good old Nintendo DS times are coming back

Miyamoto's shirt also stole all the hype for me, different Marios in different world/regions? the mexican themed glimpse shown in the trailer was also an indication? omgtyfghfvjbvfsa fds

the samurai shirt is just a very elaborate pun on Super Mario Run and so far has nothing to do with Mario Switch.

Every footage Ive seen so far of the console tells me the screen isnt going to be good

And before you cite the Switch reveal trailer, that footage was shopped in. And now ive probably triggered another debate where people will say "i knew it! I knew that footage looked too good to be switch games" or " i knew it! Thise games dont really exist". Real time footage is often spliced into promo vids like this in post-production

Also, since you are so woefully informed, Matt is a developer who likely has had hands on time for months or more with the device. So it wasnt just anybody wbo quoted you.

I swear discussing nintendo on this board is eerily like this past US presidential election. No facts, or dismissal of facts in place of feelings and post-truths.

I'm so excited for this device, I hope they don't release Rocket League on this thing. I think I'd cary it around with me everywhere if that were the case. I'm worried Gaf......Hold me.

andthebeatgoeson

trintonguey7srv.gif
Since link kinda looks like miyamoto, you know what you have to do.

LordKano

Calling it now : the next Mario will be Super Mario Tour. Bowser stole the seven stars and broke the world apart, separating the different countries. You need to get the gold star in each of the seven country to reach Bowser, which will be in America at the top of the "Bowser Tower".

Featuring : Mexico, Japan, USA, France, South Africa, Australia, Russia.

Calling it now : the next Mario will be Super Mario Tour. Bowser stole the seven stars and broke the world apart, separating the different countries. You need to get the gold star in each of the seven country to reach Bowser, which will be in America at the top of the "Bowser Tower".

I know America often likes to see itself as the centre of the world, but I doubt Nintendo, a Japanese company whose games try to cater to both domestic and foreign markets, see it that way. Level-5 may have done that with Yokai Watch 3, but yeah - unlikely.

I like your idea in general though. The final world would more likely be a surreal firey underworld or deep space in some vein as before, so as to avoid geographical bias. ;)

LordKano

I know America often likes to see itself as the centre of the world, but I doubt Nintendo, a Japanese company whose games try to cater to both domestic and foreign markets, see it that way. Level-5 may have done that with Yokai Watch 3, but yeah - unlikely.

I like your idea in general though. The final world would more likely be a surreal firey underworld or space in some vein as before, so as to avoid geographical bias. ;)

Bowser basically had a Trump Tower at the end of Super Mario 3D World so maybe they'll do it again.

NSESN

It needs a sputh american country
And by south american country i mean Brazil

I like your idea in general though. The final world would more likely be a surreal firey underworld or deep space in some vein as before, so as to avoid geographical bias. ;)
As if Bowser Tower wouldn't be in Brooklyn

The Aussie level can feature Mario's newest enemies, the Super Bonza Bros.

bomblord1

Banned
Every footage Ive seen so far of the console tells me the screen isnt going to be good

You mean that one footage under incredibly harsh stage lighting shot from a weird angle that was both way off to the side and from the bottom corner where the screen was still clearly visible? That's a sign of a good screen not a bad one.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Region free is a very positive sign for me.

Not even because I import games, but because region locking consoles never made any sense. Especially freaking portables. Nintendo making decisions that make sense is a good sign.

I'm still not feeling the hype. Not till I see complete details of digital content management going forward will I truly buy in. The news of upgrades from WiiU is troubling. No mention of upgrades from 3DS also not a good sign. Unified account system forever or bust for me.

Why don't you turn Mario into a Were-Plumber while you're at it.

Joei

I don't know about the Switch itself or the Joy-Cons separately, but the Pro Controller looks very, very comfortable. Pretty excited to see how it compares with the competition and the Wii U Pro Controller.

I was purely talking about playing with the Switch screen, i.e., similar to using the Wii U game pad. That thing looks crazy uncomfortable. The Switch Pro controller does look as good as the Wii U pro controller though.

Painguy

I just realized something. So far we haven't seen link play or need an instrument. Do you think Nintendo got rid of that aspect of zelda conventions aswell? I personally wouldn't mind at all. Instrument use has been getting lamer with each game.

Volotaire

I just realized something. So far we haven't seen link play or need an instrument. Do you think Nintendo got rid of that aspect of zelda conventions aswell? I personally wouldn't mind at all. Instrument use has been getting lamer with each game.

It would be cool to see an instrument that replicates a flute like the Pied Piper story (a la Bremen Mask in Majoras Mask). Maybe you can attract various wild animals this way.

But I agree, if there is no instrument in the game, it wouldn't be missed.

-Horizon-

That would make me buy a mario game. Sounds really interesting to visit major locales around the world.

I'm bias. I want Mario in Mexico.

We are a beautiful country. I promise.

Although A World Mario game would be awesome.
As someone who recently went to the Yucatán peninsula I definitely agree, my wife and me loved it and can't wait to go back

A Mario with Mayan temple themed level off the sapphire sea would be beautiful

ReyVGM

God I hope not. The only good one was the Ocarina, after that, they all sucked and felt shoehorned in.

My guess is that if there is one, it will be a simple flute/recorder since even Zelda 1 & 2 had one. LttP and LA had Ocarinas, even though they were called flutes ingame.

Top Bottom