• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh | Last Chance Trail Reveal Trailer | PS4

derFeef

What are you talking about? They have been far more confident than most developers who are in their situation. They released a bunch of sub par games these last few years and are taking on a ten year old project that has gone through multiple iterations. They've been very open about the changes made after the alpha and beta and have been on the money with those changes. Not only that but we've gotten tons of previews, hands on footage from the press and gamers alike and the general outlook has been one of positivity and excitement.

Lets put it this way. Most devs don't release any demos and they're doing 3 before release.

I was commenting on a post that the reason for the time limited demo are the servers. I did not understand why servers should be the reason for a limited demo. I want to try that game so bad but I don't have access to my PS4 on the weekends. Hence my disappointend. I know it's pretty selfish, but why not make it one week at least.

I was commenting on a post that the reason for the time limited demo are the servers. I did not understand why servers should be the reason for a limited demo. I want to try that game so bad but I don't have access to my PS4 on the weekends. Hence my disappointend. I know it's pretty selfish, but why not make it one week at least.

This is their 3rd demo after the Alpha and Beta tho.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

And they had two other demos that were more than a week long each if I remember correctly. I mean it sucks that you missed them but they've given ample opportunity to play the game before release. If anything this might be acting as a final major public stress test on things like the servers as well as final small gameplay changes.

Just wait for reviews and the flood of hands on from the people once the game comes out, its very soon. It should become pretty obvious quickly whether it lives up to the hype or not.

Edit: Also wasn't meaning to come off so harsh. Sorry about that

This game looks better than Bloodborne.

I wouldn't go that far. I think in terms of atmosphere, art direction, level design and lore, Bloodborne has the edge (based on the Alpha and Beta). In terms of combat, it's a pretty close match though, which makes Nioh one of my most anticipated games of 2017.

KMRiku

Neo Member
I only had enough time to kill the first boss in the beta, so I am looking foward to play the demo and get the other rewards. The beta was one of the most entertaining games I played in a good while, can't wait for the full game.

Why did this have to be like Dark Souls?!?!?! I wanted something like Onimusha, Ninja Gaiden with fast, over-the-top gameplay. Fucking Dark Souls.
It basically is like that. I think it's more fair to compare it to Onimusha than Dark Souls.

It's basically "what if Souls games focused on gameplay over atmosphere"

It basically is like that. I think it's more fair to compare it to Onimusha than Dark Souls.

It's basically "what if Souls games focused on gameplay over atmosphere"

i wouldn't say Souls games do that, the atmosphere and gameplay go hand in hand. But they are action RPGs while Nioh is more of an action game I feel, with some key mechanical changes.

Excellent, thanks for the video i've queued up the download to my PS4 from the link in the description as i've been on the fence about this game and i missed the alpha/beta tests earlier.

Nope that's still basic level, not aggressive enough.

Sarcasm?

This is probably how the newest players start out.

nah, this is proper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_b68B4t68c

Note: This dude is wrecking shit with a wooden sword.

lol the reactions, sorry guys since i cant parry or dodge for shit i saw the gameplay as high level but got damn that video posted by Inkvoterad. dude went full saiyan,

King Kye

Banned
I wouldn't go that far. I think in terms of atmosphere, art direction, level design and lore, Bloodborne has the edge (based on the Alpha and Beta). In terms of combat, it's a pretty close match though, which makes Nioh one of my most anticipated games of 2017.

Combat is what I'm looking at. Seems more deliberate (though I know BB is pretty deliberate as well).

Seems better on a graphics level as well.

Full disclosure: I don't play these types of games. I mostly watch my cousin play (and fail) these games.

lol the reactions, sorry guys since i cant parry or dodge for shit i saw the gameplay as high level but got damn that video posted by Inkvoterad. dude went full saiyan,

Well I wasn't being sarcastic ^^; but yeah at high Level this game starts to look like a character action game. That's why the complaints about being a Souls game is misinformed.

To access the Ogress Headgear in the final game, you will need to keep your save data from the Last Chance Trial so don’t delete it until launch! For Mark of the Conqueror and Mark of the Strong, you will be prompted to download DLC that you’ll also need to keep on your PS4 until launch. In-game, visit shrines to receive these “Boons” and reap the rewards!
Interesting, is there a way to keep saves on PS4 after deleting trial? PS+ maybe, but that's kinda unreliable... Oh well, I'll keep everything until release.

Artdayne

I would say the core combat mechanics are clearly better than Bloodborne, though time will tell if it can live up to the boss encounters that Bloodborne has.

This game has better load times than bloodborne at least

A few seconds vs the patched 10 - 15 on bloodborne or even worse i can't really remember how long the load times got in bb

Posting this here too:

I've got a question. I'm in EU and I need to have PS+ in order to get the demo in my location. As you can see here.

But I see on the united kingdom store here it is free to download.

Can I download it with an united kingdom account, set it as primary ps4 and play the game with my original account to get these rewards?

I know playstation plus is good but I can't afford to pay for that right now.

kennyamr

Bloodborne is definitely my favorite FromSoftware game and one of the best during this current generation.

I'm really looking forward to Nioh and see if it can truly take that spot from Bloodborne.
So far I'm extremely impressed, looking forward to release.

Posting this here too:

I've got a question. I'm in EU and I need to have PS+ in order to get the demo in my location. As you can see here.

But I see on the united kingdom store here it is free to download.

Can I download it with an united kingdom account, set it as primary ps4 and play the game with my original account to get these rewards?

I know playstation plus is good but I can't afford to pay for that right now.

I think the account might still lock it out. Is the 2 day free ps plus trial avaliable on your ps store? I would use that for this nioh trial

Mupod

Why did this have to be like Dark Souls?!?!?! I wanted something like Onimusha, Ninja Gaiden with fast, over-the-top gameplay. Fucking Dark Souls.

It's only structured like Dark Souls in terms of overall game design, the actual combat system plays very differently.

I started off playing it like a Souls game but then I watched some goddamn Jedi beat the alpha demo boss naked and it looked liked a DMC style exhibition video. My mind was blown. I also was completely incapable of playing like that but I at least tried.

So if you don't beat the first boss you're not buying it? I don't get it.
Im not really good at souls games but I really like how this one looks so I'm interested but if I can barely make it past the first stage I don't have the time to invest with alot of other games around the corner as well. I tried with Bloodborne (beat with a friend at least) and dark souls 3 (got nowhere) so I don't really want to burn another $60 if I still don't understand how to play. Get it?

I think the account might still lock it out. Is the 2 day free ps plus trial avaliable on your ps store? I would use that for this nioh trial

No I don't have the 2day free ps plus trial. And I would probably not be able to use as I had PS Plus for some time.

Have to find that PSN code beg thread...

<---- Shame on you!

It's only structured like Dark Souls in terms of overall game design, the actual combat system plays very differently.

I started off playing it like a Souls game but then I watched some goddamn Jedi beat the alpha demo boss naked and it looked liked a DMC style exhibition video. My mind was blown. I also was completely incapable of playing like that but I at least tried.

Probably because that guy was a DMC style exhibitionist if you look at his videos ^^;

Artdayne

why? i haven't played it.

It's more complex with the different stances and there are different abilities you can unlock and equip. Bloodborne might have more weapon options (though I'm not positive on that) but the complexity of the individual weapons favors Nioh. Nioh also feels more skill based as I feel it requires more quick twitch reactions.

Lux R7

It's more complex with the different stances and there are different abilities you can unlock and equip. Bloodborne might have more weapon options (though I'm not positive on that) but the complexity of the individual weapons favors Nioh. Nioh also feels more skill based as I feel it requires more quick twitch reactions.

oh, ok got it thanks

I just read that it's the marks you gain after defeating a boss that counts towards receiving the helmets/masks. So I guess it doesn't matter if you didn't complete the alpha, but as long as you get the Mark of the Conqueror and Mark of the Strong in the beta, you get the helmets as a rewards.

I got both marks after I completed the beta, since I didn't get Mark of the Conqueror during the alpha.

I imagine that those who failed to complete the alpha and beta will be a (last) chance to earn the marks during this final demo.

Top Bottom