• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nippon Ichi 20th Anniversary announcements - (New Disgaea Team game, etc)

duckroll

http://nippon1.jp/20th/index.html

Get ready? Get hyped? Get disappointed? Discuss! :D

They'll probably be announcing their next big game from the Disgaea team.

Edit: New info from Dengeki Playstation.

Okay... I don't think we'll be getting more more information today than this.

Kami-sama to Unmei Kakumei Paradox (Nippon Ichi 20th Anniversary game)

Producer: Souhei Niikawa
Director: Masahiro Yamamoto
Character Design: Noizi Itou
Music: Yousei Teikoku (Das Feenreich)
Animation: Shirogumi
Development: Counter Stop (Disgaea team)

- There are 6 pages on the game in Dengeki Playstation this week
- The preferred shortform nickname for the game is "kamipara"
- The story is about a boy who becomes a god working hard together with his angels to fulfill the wishes of the people
- The game could either be a RPG or a SRPG, it isn't clear
- There is no announced platform yet
- The teaser site for the game will open on July 12, and the official site will open on July 19
- Based on previous information about this title, some of the keywords used were "7 angels", "high resolution characters", and "tons of customization".

Other shit

- There is a "Project Arcadia" in development which is described as an exhilarating side-scroller with a princess theme.

- There is also a "Project D" in development which they say is targeted at satisfying both long-time Nippon Ichi fans as well as new fans.

- They're making a movie based on Hayarigami, one of their older visual novel adventures.

Edit2: More shit.

It seems that Nippon Ichi is also developing a videogame version of the free card game Z/X. The physical card game is a "free card game" where you can download the cards via pdf to play: http://www.zxtcg.com

There are currently no details as to what sort of format or platform the game is targeting. Maybe F2P mobile?

Takao

Banned
Nope, this game: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457407

We might find out exactly what it is tomorrow, when Dengeki Playstation info leaks, since the magazine is due to be released on July 12 too.

It's always one extreme or the other with this company isn't it? You usually have the lolis, or in rare instances this:

8bc0E.jpg

(The rest of the characters in this game look "normal" which makes her stand out)

AniHawk

they've been quiet on the new stuff for a while. like, since zhp and disgaea 4. not even a prinny-like game to help fill the gaps. they're definitely going to have a lot of stuff to announce. i think fans will be really surprised and happy.

duckroll

they've been quiet on the new stuff for a while. like, since zhp and disgaea 4. not even a prinny-like game to help fill the gaps. they're definitely going to have a lot of stuff to announce. i think fans will be really surprised and happy.

Well, the Prinny team is stuck in development hell on the PS3 Witch game right? It got delayed to an unspecified date.

Acosta

Awesome studio. I salute you Nippon Ichi, may you live for many years. Looking for the announcement but I don't expect much.

duckroll

Didn't they confirmed that the Desgaea Team are working on the 5th one? Maybe they will announce that.

No actually they've confirmed that they're working on the next major game which is not Disgaea 5. They probably won't start work on D5 until that game is released, and it's going to be formally announced this week. The Disgaea team is a new company now, which is wholly owned by Nippon Ichi and operates in the same offices (basically nothing changed other than their employment status). The company is called Counter Stop.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Unless its a game with Prinnies in it Im going to be majorly disappointed. Which means most likely am going to be majorly disappointed.

faridmon

No actually they've confirmed that they're working on the next major game which is not Disgaea 5. They probably won't start work on D5 until that game is released, and it's going to be formally announced this week. The Disgaea team is a new company now, which is wholly owned by Nippon Ichi and operates in the same offices (basically nothing changed other than their employment status). The company is called Counter Stop.

Whoa, Didn't know that! that is major and Sounds exciting.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
What's the girl on the far left in 2007 from? That art really stands out.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Who are the 3 in 2012?

Slermy

It's always one extreme or the other with this company isn't it? You usually have the lolis, or in rare instances this:

*Buxom Lady*

(The rest of the characters in this game look "normal" which makes her stand out)

What game is that from? I don't recognize her.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I literally can't contain myself. It's just too much.

Top Bottom