• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Mafia III Review Copies Ahead of Launch

Just bought a gtx 1070 for my fall gaming season which begins Friday with Mafia 3, then BF1, then Watchdogs2... So pumped, and a four day weekend...

Alpende

What is this, it's not a dev decision

The mirror is a staple of the series, pushing for the realism factor with that. But regardless I like more options to customize the screen- they'll probably patch something in if it gets enough attention.

I saw a video in which the player was using a boat and the boat had a rear view mirror. Not very realistic :p.

I hope it gets patched in.

idonteven

dude doesnt deserve to be a reviewer if he cant see the diff between a ps3 game and a ps4 game

someone buy that guy glasses ASAP

Tovarisc

A french reviewer of one of the biggest Website in France said on Twitter that the game is a technical disaster on PS4.

https://twitter.com/gautoz/status/783647483402522624

https://twitter.com/gautoz/status/783652039976968192

https://twitter.com/gautoz/status/783654312291495938

(I'm on my phone now i'll translate asap)

Rough Google translate:

Officially, we have not received Mafia III. Unofficially, I can tell you that the PS4 version looks a game early gen PS3.

Also camera picks, constant sound stutter, AI work. We are not in the shelter of the big patch day 1, but still. Cho.

A look back, everything disappears thirty meter behind a wall in the skybox. Banks, roads, buildings. As Driver.

AngryJoe played and recorded PS4 version of the game. Footage released by him contradicts everything this person tweeted out. Do you believe hearsay or gameplay footage you can see for yourself?

dude doesnt deserve to be a reviewer if he cant see the diff between a ps3 game and a ps4 game

someone buy that guy glasses ASAP

Yep indeed. The guy on reddit has some great impressions, and has not had any minor or major technical issues with the PS4 version.

Ash735

It's Take2, they can be awkward at times when it comes to review copies, they've done it for previous games in the past, including some Rockstar Games titles.

Simo

Not sure if it was posted but on the US digital side the PS4 preload surprisingly went up over night instead of tomorrow like it advertised. Seems like there's a few playing it too on the Live from Playstation tab.

Tovarisc

I wonder what is up with Steam and Mafia 3 preload. I downloaded it once and since then it has twice restarted from zero :/

jbug617

Banned
It's here
CuA9IGBXYAAD8Oh.jpg

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I HATE how steam doesn't preload the day one patch, especially when they're usually available days before

Redlogic

Checked the tracking and my game is sitting patiently in my mailbox...I hate the fact I work from 9 - 6pm! Can't wait to get home and play the heck outa this. Going to attempt the ultimate sneak out at 4 to get a jump on the traffic.

Renae

Best Buy? Got my PS4 copy today too.

Played it for a couple hours and so far it's fine. I don't see why review copies weren't given out. No technical problems and I like the story so far. Wish guns packed more of a punch though.

How are the side missions ? Are they repetitive and pointless or they're fine ?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Best Buy? Got my PS4 copy today too.

Played it for a couple hours and so far it's fine. I don't see why review copies weren't given out. No technical problems and I like the story so far. Wish guns packed more of a punch though.

I really need to order form Best Buy more but I use store pick up with them since I don't trust their shipping to get it to me let alone early. Damn, I might have had it today.

Top Bottom