• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North Korea Threatens Missile Strike on Guam (a United States Territory)

Armadilo

Banned
CNBC
CNN

North Korea said on Wednesday it is "carefully examining" a plan to strike the U.S. Pacific territory of Guam with missiles, just hours after U.S. President Donald Trump told the North that any threat to the United States would be met with "fire and fury".

A spokesman for the Korean People's Army, in a statement carried by the North's state-run KCNA news agency, said the strike plan will be "put into practice in a multi-current and consecutive way any moment" once leader Kim Jong Un makes a decision.

more info
Dubbed the "Tip of the Spear," Guam is a key to the US military's forward deployed presence in the Pacific and is home to thousands of American service members and their families.

Specifically, the statement mentioned a potential strike on "Anderson Air Force Base in which the US strategic bombers, which get on the nerves of the DPRK and threaten and blackmail it through their frequent visits to the sky above south Korea, are stationed and to send a serious warning signal to the US."

Already discussed in the in the other thread but yes this is fucking terrifying, NK is daring Trump and whenever Trumps responds in kind it makes Trump look bad and supports their propaganda.

iavi

This is the biggest dog and pony show. They're going to assure their collapse over Guam? Yeah the fuck right

This is what happens when little man complexes play phone tag

Amory

NK wants nukes to assure the current regime stays in power, yet they keep pushing the one world leader crazy and stupid enough to destroy them

What the fuck are they doing

Chittagong

Gold Member
I've now booked my winter holiday to Guam. Since I have already been in North Korea, it seemed logical. The scuba is supposedly amazing.

EDIT: in case there was any doubt, here it is. Guam will be there and the world can chill the fuck out while I dive.

iGpqdJA_d.jpg

tbm24

NK called Trump's bluff within hours. Who's surprised? There's a reason you don't threaten NK. Idiot decision.

Velcro Fly

NK wants nukes to assure the current regime stays in power, yet they keep pushing the one world leader crazy and stupid enough to destroy them

What the fuck are they doing

They have someone in charge even worse at this than Trump

Oberon

Banned
This is the biggest dog and pony show. They're going to assure their collapse over Guam? Yeah the fuck right

This is what happens when little man complexes play phone tag

Imagine that. Imagine nukes flying because of Guam.
A place I didn't know existed until today

Guys, NK threaten SK every year. This is them using the same strategy they have been for decades except now they get to threaten more people.

I know people are a little hesitant due to the orange blob in charge. But there's no way he can start a war in this current climate. People are sick of wars, and doing so would lose him the next election.

How many times have they said the exact same thing? It's empty rhetoric. Stop losing your shit.

I don't recall a "legitimate/realistic" threat like this before.
It's typically
'Destroy SK"
"Destroy US allies like Japan"
or "We will launch missiles capable of hitting the US mainland"

still BS though.

It was said in the other thread, this didn't need a separate thread, all it accomplishes is fear-mongering.

Besides, anyone who still has their senses knows to take what their state-run media says with a massive pile of salt.

Nerazar

That's geopolitical trolling... and I don't enjoy that very much. Nuking places ironically is still nuking places.

kirblar

Yippy small dog syndrome: Country edition.

You have to learn not to take these threats seriously, they're done by despots to try and puff out their chests feigning strength because they'll get absolutely crushed if someone actually comes in and attacks.

Madness

NK called Trump's bluff within hours. Who's surprised? There's a reason you don't threaten NK. Idiot decision.

North Korea should more be worried the day everyone calls their bluff. China agreed to sanctions. This means they are also fed up.

If SK gave the go ahead, you could probably have B2 stealth fly from Whiteman and carpet bomb Pyongyang within hours. The danger is, and has always been their artillery positioned everywhere aiming at Seoul. Unless you did a massive all out first strike, Seoul will suffer catastrophic damage. Not to mention woule create a ridiculous humanitarian disaster and probably crash the world economy.

North Koreans are starving. These sanctions take even more away. Eventually they will revolt or dictators just like every dictator in history will use all options left ie. Threaten a strike or follow through with one.

Jenov

I'm skeptical they'd actually even be able to aim it well enough to reach Guam, let alone do any significant damage or delivery on a miniature nuke. NK tests have shown to be off course the last few times. Bunch of hot air from fat leader as always. Lets hope our own fat cheeto isn't dumb enough to try anything first.

I don't recall a "legitimate/realistic" threat like this before.
It's typically
'Destroy SK"
"Destroy US allies like Japan"
or "We will launch missiles capable of hitting the US mainland"

still BS though.

Yo NK could totally wreak havoc down on Seoul at a moment's notice. They haven't because they aren't irrational. Similarly, they won't launch an ICBM at Guam.

Top Bottom