• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Analysis March: Dragon's Dogma 2 at No 1, FFVII Rebirth at 7th

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Never said FF15 was good or implied that. FF15 sold phenomenally because it was multiplatform. If they want to reach those heights ever again they need to go multiplat. The last good mainline FF was X. The series has been varying degrees of shit since then.

There aren't enough interesting games to justify the purchase. The PC version of FF16 is imminent and I'm not eager to play it. Didn't finish FF7R so no interest in the fanfic sequel. Hopefully Square can make some good games going forward. I'm not holding my breath though.

Both recent FF titles are way better than X

Woopah

Not sure about that, it was 8th in the overall chart. But not top 10 in Xbox but not PlayStation top 10 is more surprising.

Which leads me to believe it’s not selling well on their platforms.
It was 11 on the PS chart, so that could still give some good numbers I'd say.

Hardensoul

Gold Member
It was 11 on the PS chart, so that could still give some good numbers I'd say.
I just noticed Spider-man 2 is 10th on PlayStation but 19th on overall chart. Which doesn’t seem much % to help Unicorn Overlord get to 8th overall chart. Switch seems to be doing the heavy lifting.

But without real numbers it’s just speculation! 😆

Top Bottom