• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales for July 2015

Tapejara

today I learned that Fifa 15 released on the Wii, Vita, and 3DS

neat

It was just a Legacy Edition, which means it was an older version of the game (FIFA 13 IIRC?) with updated rosters. I don't believe FIFA 16 will be getting a Wii/Vita/3DS release this year.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Last month

3.) Lego: Jurassic World (360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, Vita)

This month

1.) Lego: Jurassic World (360, 3DS, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U, PS4, Vita)

It seems the more family friendly / older consoles took over in the second month compared to the first one.

Meh, who cares about NPD? They aren't even close to showing the full story. Who cares if Sony sold 20000 or so consoles more? July saw the launch of Windows 10, bringing with it 14 million people into the Xbox ecosystem within 24 hours. That's enough to eliminate the sales gap IN ONE DAY.

I don't see how Sony can recover from this. I mean at one point they had the Vaio, but Kaz shortsightedly got out of the PC business to afford buying timed DLC for CoD.

I guess I should let all the ponies enjoy this one NPD battle, but Microsoft is winning the war.

Ugh, I'm too old for this.

noshten

Lego first place is surprising to me, I'm guess the having JW helped with the marketing
Minecraft only losing one position - one year later
Splatoon with only 85K new squid from the US - I though it would be more

dugdug

Banned
Meh, who cares about NPD? They aren't even close to showing the full story. Who cares if Sony sold 20000 or so consoles more? July saw the launch of Windows 10, bringing with it 14 million people into the Xbox ecosystem within 24 hours. That's enough to eliminate the sales gap IN ONE DAY.

I don't see how Sony can recover from this. I mean at one point they had the Vaio, but Kaz shortsightedly got out of the PC business to afford buying timed DLC for CoD.

I guess I should let all the ponies enjoy this one NPD battle, but Microsoft is winning the war.

Crapgamer? Is that you?

I am surprised the Lego games still sell so well, I feel like those games saturated the market with a yearly release. At this point it may have more games than Assassin Creed, or it does doesn't it?

GOOD GAWD!!! I AM CRYING SO MANY TEARS RIGHT NOW!! LLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL 😂

Loudninja

July PSN top sellers
PS4 Games
1 Journey
2 Bastion
3 Batman: Arkham Knight
4 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
5 The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
6 Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
7 God of War III Remastered
8 Grand Theft Auto V
9 EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR
10 EA SPORTS UFC
11 Mortal Kombat X
12 DRIVECLUB
13 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
14 J-STARS Victory VS+
15 Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
16 Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
17 Transistor
18 Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
19 FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
20 Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition

PS3 Games
1 Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition
2 Mortal Kombat
3 J-STARS Victory VS+
4 Grand Theft Auto V
5 Call of Duty: Black Ops II
6 Batman: Arkham Origins
7 The Last of Us: Left Behind Stand Alone
8 The Last Of Us
9 Gran Turismo 6
10 Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
11 Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
12 Resonance of Fate
13 Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
14 Battlefield 4
15 inFAMOUS Festival of Blood
16 Terraria
17 Borderlands
18 Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut
19 Midnight Club L.A. Complete Edition
20 BioShock Infinite

PS Vita Games
1 J-STARS Victory VS+
2 Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
3 Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth1
4 Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
5 Mortal Kombat PS Vita
6 Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment-
7 Don’t Starve: Giant Edition
8 Ar nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star
9 Guacamelee!
10 Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1092468

Tratorn

Eh those games are selling better on last gen platforms though. So It could have something to do with how cheap last gen consoles are plus the family friendly options.

Lets be real. The consoles are going to sell well because of Halo, Fallout, Battlefront, COD, MGS and Batman. Plus amazing bundles and great holiday deals.

Yes, of course. As I said, that was relatively spoken. Considering all the other audiences, PS4 will still have great sales. But imo the last little push for "amazing" sales is missing as long as you can't totally reach the "family"-audience, too. Even the WiiU version of Lego sold better, that's a good indicator imho.

Ōkami

By Zhuge's comments of WiiU in relation to the Dreamcast, then this month WiiU should be north of 33k, it doesn't need to be close to that, I suspect something closer to 40k given this.

Ōkami;175332633 said:
For a little comparison.

Code:
+-------+------------+------------+
| Month |    Japan   |     US     |
| April |     43.086 |     43.000 |
| May   |     42.889 |     42.000 |
| June  |     78.145 |     70.000 |
| July  |     45.003 |            |

For the past few months sales of WiiU in the US have been on par with Japan, I would expect a similar result this month.

Japan numbers are from Media Create, US' are from these very threads.

Good year for Warner Bros. Dying Light, Mortal Kombat X, Arkham Knight and now LEGO Jurassic World. What do they have for the rest of the year? LEGO Avengers?

Also, somewhat surprised PS4 was second last for LEGO Jurassic Sales. Guess the 360 is still doing well when it comes to "family" (edit: "family" was the better word choice) software.

Lego Avengers is early 2016. They do have Lego Dimensions though.

Are you trolling?

Legacy consoles are doing the work on kids' titles, like every console generation ever.

Parents tend to buy last generation consoles for their kids because they figure they don't care as much about cutting edge technology. Daddy gets the new systems while the kids get the hand-me-downs or whatever super cheap Black Friday deal they get.

Top Bottom