• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for January 2016

Welfare

There should be no issue with requesting a perma ban and then wanting to reverse it. I mean, there are special cases where you are forced by a third party to get a perma, but if you try and actively request that perma to be reversed (remember that in this scenario, it was requested) and that request isn't being heard or worse ignored, that's an issue.

There should be no issue with requesting a perma ban and then wanting to reverse it. I mean, there are special cases where you are forced by a third party to get a perma, but if you try and actively request that perma to be reversed (remember that in this scenario, it was requested) and that request isn't being heard or worse ignored, that's an issue.

Have we heard the mods side of things on this one or just the original NPD George? Because not to defense force the mods or anything but if there's only one side in the public that may not be the full picture of what happened

I will say I read the account posted on the.....other...forum and if thats true it does seem kind of strange the way it was handled. That said I'm not sure we can fairly judged what happened here without hearing the mods side of the story. I'm not going to jump to any conclusions one way or another.

That said I do indeed miss George

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
We should vote to unban him, let the members decide.

U0OtAFNYX47S.gif

PS4 was revealed way before the X1, it was known to be 8gb for months.

Quite simply MS over estimated their standing in the market and their influence upon it. They where cocky from 360 successes and under estimated Sony, whom, like many on here believed were done for.

So they released an over priced, under powered box with an initial reveal about American TV and sports, segregated markets into tiers and of course had the idea they could get away with draconian DRM and the removal of the preowned market.

Sony released the best box for the money they could, at a lower price than the competitor, with a clear and singular vision.

MS's fuck up is matched by Sony's good work,MS deserve where they are.
MS thought that if they control third party publisher relationships, they would have a huge upperhand in imposing whatever they wanted. Having a former Xbox exec like Peter Moore at EA didn't hurt but it probably made them more brazen.

They wanted to control the living room, that didn't work, now they're going to try to control the pc market.

allan-bh

I'm afraid that this thread can be locked if we talk too much about George ban, and then no pie will be served.

It bothers me too what happened, but there's nothing we can do, so probably it's a good idea move on.

I'm afraid that this thread can be locked if we talk too much about George ban, and then no pie will be served.

It bothers me too what happened, but there's nothing we can do, so probably it's a good idea move on.
This i true. So what's the consensus on sfv and far cry primal? Will sfv top the charts not much competition.

Hopefully digimon charts, gravity rush has no chance

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
George was a many-times permanently banned member who you guys didn't seem too sad about losing the last few times their alts were discovered.

George was a many-times banned member who you guys didn't seem too sad about losing the last few times their alts were discovered.

Ah see thats why I said we should wait till we hear the full story. It seems that story posted on the other forum was false.

Thanks Nirolak

IvanJ

Banned
This i true. So what's the consensus on sfv and far cry primal? Will sfv top the charts not much competition.

Hopefully digimon charts, gravity rush has no chance

I think Primal will be above SFV.
SF does come out a week earlier, but an extra console and the Far Cry brand should carry it to the top, as well as SF being a good candidate for a solid digital attach rate due to its tactics of a steady DLC stream.

I am more interested to see how Plants vs Zombies perform at $60, my kid and I are having great fun with #1, but it was free.

Tarrin

Moving on.

I do hope Digimon charts. Would be great to see.

I also think Far Cry Primal will chart as well, even with the one week of sales. Think people are underestimating it.

Elandyll

Banned
George was a many-times banned member who you guys didn't seem too sad about losing the last few times their alts were discovered.
Now I'm thoroughly confused, because the suspicion of who is/ was behind George is a user that was and is very much missed to this day afaik...
Edit: nm I guess

Since there's not much else to talk about, here are current Amazon rankings for February:

#21 -PS4 CoD bundle

#37 - XB1 GoW bundle

No other home console in the top 100 that I can see.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
My final comment on this topic is that I'm not saying their identity because if someone had made a new alt account and posted data that may have been legitimate, they probably would not have wanted their old identity revealed. That doesn't let someone circumvent our ban evasion rules however.

Now please return to the topic at hand.

QaaQer

You know what would make an awesome movie imo?
Something around the creation of the Cell and the shennanigans that led to the 360 releasing a year ahead of the PS3.

cellbook-2.jpg

Good book written by the lead ibm architect...intrigue, back stabbing, and Bill Gates.

I also think Far Cry Primal will chart as well, even with the one week of sales. Think people are underestimating it.

I hope so.

Many bemoan the lack of variety in big games. Having something like this be a good game that sells well would be quite encouraging for more risk taking. Yes, some people would say this game is hardly risk taking given that it's still Far Cry and perhaps too similar to the formula than people would like. Regardless, it is a big risky bet in the current AAA climate.

A couple years ago everything was modern military shooter. Right now, everything is open world action, next year everything will be Destiny/Division like MMO lites. Getting something that breaks away from the current trend trajectory (even a little bit) like Primal and have it be a success would be a good thing imo.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I've kind of been surprised at how slow the uptake in the MMO lite genre has been.

While I'm sure more are in development, Destiny and The Division are still the only announced ones and even the co-op/online loot genre on consoles only extends to Borderlands, Diablo, and XenoVerse beyond those two.

Pretty much every game in that genre has been a gigantic hit relative to what they are to boot. XenoVerse, the worst selling of them, is a strong competitor for best selling Namco franchise at 3.14 million shipped and it hasn't even hit bottom basement pricing yet.

I guess this is a genre very few AAA developers have any experience with though. Across the years even regular AAA WRPGs have been few and far between despite their success across decades of time.

Digimon has a real shot at charting in February though its hard to say for certain without seeing how some of the software held / performed in January

blakep267

I've kind of been surprised at how slow the uptake in the MMO lite genre has been.

While I'm sure more are in development, Destiny and The Division are still the only announced ones and even the co-op/online loot genre on consoles only extends to Borderlands, Diablo, and XenoVerse beyond those two.

Pretty much every game in that genre has been a gigantic hit relative to what they are to boot. XenoVerse, the worst selling of them, is a strong competitor for best selling Namco franchise at 3.14 million shipped and it hasn't even hit bottom basement pricing yet.

I guess this is a genre very few AAA developers have any experience with though. Across the years even regular AAA WRPGs have been few and far between despite their success across decades of time.
I wonder if the next Undead Labs game will be that zombie MMo or if they would do a smaller game first then move onto that

Also would you consider Sea of Thieves to fit into that genre ? Granted they've said its a shared world but I wouldn't be suprised if it ended up being similar to destiny and the division

I don't see the borderland coop as very different from the Dying Light coop.

And of course Evolve was a big flop and Titanfall was hamsprung into a quick death.

Currently playing Dragon's Dogma and it has a nice Diabloesque feel. I guess they could make it into a great online coop game if they up the loot factor and scale.
On the other hand it's just fine as it is.

Fdkn

As much as I'd like, I don't see digimon charting. We'll just get more CoD, GTA, Minecraft, etc filling the charts with Farcry and SFV and I guess Dying Light too

As much as I'd like, I don't see digimon charting. We'll just get more CoD, GTA, Minecraft, etc filling the charts with Farcry and SFV and I guess Dying Light too
At the very least i actually think it will make the 10th spot. Devs seem happy at least they made a thank you video.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I wonder if the next Undead Labs game will be that zombie MMo or if they would do a smaller game first then move onto that

Also would you consider Sea of Thieves to fit into that genre ? Granted they've said its a shared world but I wouldn't be suprised if it ended up being similar to destiny and the division
There are certainly some candidates out there, but it's hard to tell until we know more about them.

Currently playing Dragon's Dogma and it has a nice Diabloesque feel. I guess they could make it into a great online coop game if they up the loot factor and scale.
On the other hand it's just fine as it is.
They kind of did with Dragon's Dogma Online, but I'm not sure if that's releasing overseas.

Top Bottom