• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NRS Ed Boon will be at the Game Awards

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Ed has always been very interactive with gamers on Twitter and in one of his recent "Ask me" sessions from a day or so ago, this question and answer was given:

CDcPJNg.jpg

Him and Geoff are good friends and if you all recall, MK11 was first revealed at one of the Game Awards shows. So this could be one of 3 things IMO:

1) Ed is just there as a fan and it means nothing
2) Ed is trolling us and will be on stage to present some fake award and do their game reveal like they did with MK11
3) Ed will be in attendance as a 3rd party dev WB has been working with announces a Mortal Kombat Kollection of the classic games for modern systems

NRS seemingly dropped the ball big time with MK's 30th anniversary, so i'm hoping it's option 3.

Banned
I'm just wondering how many more years it will take until he releases he first actually good fighting game... has to be any moment now right?

Really wish we'd get a way to play the OG games on current consoles. Has anybody asked him about it yet? (I do not use Twitter)

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Really wish we'd get a way to play the OG games on current consoles. Has anybody asked him about it yet? (I do not use Twitter)

Sort of.....someone asked him recently why MK4 has never been re-released on other platforms in recent years, and he said something to the effect of "MK4 had a very different development cycle compared to MK 1-3.....i should really share that story some time". If you read between the lines, the asker didn't ask about MK 1-3 but he still mentioned it in his answer, meaning possibly a Kollection of 1- 3/UMK3 may be coming.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I liked the silly MK11 reveal, hopefully something like that again.

Geoff Keighley beheads Ed Boon on stage and sticking out of his neck orifice is a piece of paper that says "MK12 coming 2023!".

Banned

I mean if you think that stiff controls, terrible animations and dial-in combos make for a good fighting game I guess you could think I'm joking, but if you like good controls, good animations and a more dynamic fighting system you shouldn't think that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom