• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA Ansel Available Now in Mirror’s Edge Catalyst

dex3108

When we announced the GeForce GTX 1080 and GeForce GTX 1070, the world’s fastest and most advanced graphics cards, we unveiled several new technologies designed to improve and enhance your games and experiences. Of those, NVIDIA Ansel drew the most attention, offering gamers a powerful, easy-to-use camera that could capture unique, professional-grade 2D, 360° and Virtual Reality 360° screenshots on GeForce GTX graphics cards.

Today, we’re releasing NVIDIA Ansel for EA™ DICE™’s Mirror’s Edge™ Catalyst. Capture personally-framed freecam screenshots, adjust the field of view and rotation of the screen, add optional Instagram-style filters, and save to shareable filetypes with a single click. At any point during gameplay hit the Ansel hotkey and you’ll be able to capture stunning screenshots that were previously impossible to frame and snap.

To capture your own unique Mirror’s Edge Catalyst screenshots using NVIDIA Ansel:

• Download and install our latest Game Ready driver from GeForce Experience or GeForce.com
  • Open Origin™ and download the new Mirror’s Edge Catalyst game update
  • Play Mirror’s Edge Catalyst and press Alt+F2 during gameplay to open the NVIDIA Ansel interface
  • Reposition the camera using WASD, U, J, and left mouse (hold shift to accelerate movement), or use a controller (D-Pad navigates the Ansel UI, ‘A’ on Xbox controllers takes screenshot), change Ansel options as desired, click “Snap”, and open your “Pictures” folder in Windows to view the results

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc85tPN9zyg

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-ansel-for-mirrors-edge-catalyst-available-now

I hoped that Witcher 3 will be included too but i guess we will need to wait a bit more for that.

Onaco

This is your friendly reminder that Mirror's Edge Catalyst came out, but I still hear crickets. I know it was 50% off already, but I'm gonna wait it out and see what Winter sales do to that price.

i always find funny how the have to put the "tm" or copyright symbols in every word:

EA™ DICE™’s Mirror’s Edge™ Catalyst

About topic:
I want to believe they will do the same in future titles? i mean, this could be a test to see how it goes?

gdt

This is your friendly reminder that Mirror's Edge Catalyst came out, but I still hear crickets. I know it was 50% off already, but I'm gonna wait it out and see what Winter sales do to that price.

Origin tho

CHC

Awesome. Is this the first implementation of it in a game so far? I know they hyped it by showing ME, Witcher III, No Man's Sky, and The Witness, but so far as I can tell it's not functional in any of those yet.

I think it sounds like a great tool. I don't own ME yet but this is a good reason to consider it.

Dunkley

EA™ DICE™’s Mirror’s Edge™ Catalyst

tumblr_lpztgnqGRT1qac934.png

I can't™ understand™ your accent™

I have to say though this is pretty neat, especially the high resolution stuff. Can't wait to see what the community creates with these tools.

horkrux

50%? What? Where? Game is currently 33% off on Origin, which isn't exactly a good deal, considering the game was 60 bucks originally.

Goddamnit. I'm waiting for a drop to 40 bucks for the retail version. This needs to happen. I'm not paying 50€ for a PC game.

Does this let us take higher than native res shots as well?

Been playing around with it. Catalyst's implementation is essentially just a freecam right now. No super resolution or depth of field tweaking. You can do 360 and stereo shots. Not much else.

Supposedly those will launch with The Wild Hunt, but I guess I don't mind playing around with this for now.

jediyoshi

Unless I'm missing something, looks like you can only tileshot 360 shots. File take up to a gig at 8192x4096, but exports as a jpg

Zz5g8hR.jpg

GTX1070/80 series only, or can the 970 join this party?

EDIT: Geforce page says "NVIDIA GeForce GTX GPUs dating back to the 600 Series support NVIDIA Ansel." SWEET.

Top Bottom