• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnozberry

The fact these threads reached over 100+ pages of replies shows how desperate we are for NX news. For better or worse Nintendo's silence breed hype.

The swiftness in which people were willing to relish in another Nintendo "failure" was the biggest news out of this. It's their biggest challenge in selling the NX. People want them to fail.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
This is the biggest 200 page circle I've ever seen (even bigger if you also count the previous thread). We are now back to where we were a week ago.

Schnozberry

I mean, seriously guys...who thought this was real? Obvious fake from the start...

They had me for a second there when the new pictures first dropped. Then it occurred to me that no one ever showed it working and the confidential property sticker was extremely suspicpious and was obviously printed on a cheap dymo label writer

They had me for a second there when the new pictures first dropped. Then it occurred to me that no one ever showed it working and the confidential property sticker was extremely suspicpious and was obviously printed on a cheap dymo label writer

It never says "Confidential Property".

However, it will say "PROPERTY OF NINTENDO CO. LTD."

I mean, seriously guys...who thought this was real? Obvious fake from the start...

Well done. Still, with all the different sources saying this lines up, something smells fishy. I wonder if ninjas aren't at work here. Don't underestimate the litigation powers at Nintendo. Maybe I'm still in denial. Reveal can't come soon enough.

Maybe you're still in denial of your own feelings.

The Lamp

aka I don't know what this is yet and it frustrates me so I'm going to complaaaaain

The mere fact that you start with the possibility of changing your mind once you've been given actual details about the device displays that you are overreacting and jumping to conclusions.

you're goddamn right that I can complain about whatever the fuck I was looking at, including the buttons, the dumb touchscreen and completely uncomfortable shape. I also have the goddamn right to change my mind just like people did about dual-screens and the Wii remote.

Thank god it's fake, though. It was just ridiculous enough for me to believe Nintendo would actually release it.

ChaosXVI

Someone go ahead and send a metric ton of crow my way. I was more on the fence with the first leak, but the 2nd leak I believed was 100% legit. Man...it burns.

Schnozberry

Hype for their doom. People just want to see the NX so they can say nope not a "traditional" console with "regular" controller and all the spexcs in the world Nintendo officially done.

Even now that we know this is an elaborate troll, I still don't think those people are going to get what they want. I don't mind if Nintendo tries to free us all from dual analogs. The steam controller is a step in the right direction. We need something more precise and flexible in the types of games it can control.

Not if the camera lens is oriented at an angle that points to the user's face when the user is looking at the screen.

Please continue to tell me about the design and engineering decisions of where a front-facing camera should be located. I look forward to hearing from you! :)

-Horizon-

I did like the looks of the second leak pics. Really sleek looking even though I was still unsure how it would play if it was real. That sticker on the side though >.>

haptic feedback magic, man

haptic feedback might have made some sense but it just seems like it would've cost way too much money for a controller that would've driven up the price like the U pad did.

udivision

That is a good point as well. And extremely disheartening
Yeah... Well... They should try not to give people ammo. Nintendo has built up a lot of negativity (some of it well deserved, the rest is superficial) but I would like to see them do something and be met with a resounding "Yeah!" and not a rush to rationalize it by fans.

Schnozberry

Yeah... Well... They should try not to give people ammo. Nintendo has built up a lot of negativity (some of it well deserved, the rest is superficial) but I would like to see them do something and be met with a resounding "Yeah!" and not a rush to rationalize it by fans.

I don't think any Nintendo information would be initially met with a resounding "Yeah!" by core fans unless they either released a dual analog based ps4 clone that would assuredly bomb in the marketplace, or go third party.

They are between a rock and a hard place.

KingV

I don't think any Nintendo information would be initially met with a resounding "Yeah!" by core fans unless they either released a dual analog based ps4 clone that would assuredly bomb in the marketplace, or go third party.

They are between a rock and a hard place.

I would be onboard for a PS4 level console with an improved Wii Remote+. That thing is severely underrated, IMO.

Edit:missed the part where the leak above mentioned DDR5

Nanashrew

Banned

A resounding yeah is traditional controller and mid to high end specs. That's it. Even VR has it's naysayers (including me), but I can see the appeal to some, especially younger generations who get it and adapt more to tech than we all do. We're an aging demographic, the estimate average player is 35, 2004 it was 29. People buying in are the same people who have been playing for 13+ years, the same old people.

jett

D-Member
You know, when a mod updates a thread title with a supposed new "update", they should probably update the OP as well. :p

edit: LOL just saw the video

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

8GB DDR5, gamepad that looks like early Wii U gamepad prototype, OS taking 4 GB, art guy who draws this:

l93eEYA.jpg

So no.

MoonFrog

Even though Sony and Microsoft outsell Nintendo always and are more relevant in the mainstream, nothing generates views, clicks, hits, posts, speculation and rumors like Nintendo products. Awesome thread.

;)

Nintendo has a lot of die-hard haters, lovers, and ex-fans still somewhat interested. I don't think either PlayStation or XBox cook up quite that cacophony of emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom