• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obama: ‘We can’t hide behind a wall’

ItIsOkBro

after the general election there should be an 'are you sure??' election where people vote between president and president elect.

Noirulus

It is cowardice...

Your gonna try and build a wall, waste funds and resources, that's going result in fuck all changing... nothing will change.

What you do is get knee and elbows deep in immigration reform. Change the whole system. but they will never fucking do it for whatever reason.
Regardless, that's the "brave" response.

Edit: mainly because the idiots in office don't realize that the majority of "illegals" came here and let the visa expire... no one is jumping the border like that. it's a completely shit idea.

What exactly will immigration reform do to people coming in illegally?

What exactly will immigration reform do to people coming in illegally?

You have less illegal immigration if people can actually immigrate legally.

If they had the chance, they'd all immigrate legally. The system is just ineffective and inaccessible.

Illegal immigrants don't choose the immigrate illegally because they enjoy the thrill. It's because they don't have a choice.

Nah you just live behind drone strikes in Obama's world.

I don't excuse drone strikes, but lets be honest..Its modern warfare and still goes on till this day, and will be used well into the future as automation takes over. Obama just so happened to be in the seat when the technology was peaking for standard use, compared to when it started in the early 2000 I believe(don't @ me on that date though lol).

I think the Confederacy had a really good idea with one six year term rather than two four year terms.

There's a line in The American President where he says "I was so busy trying to keep my job, that I forgot to do my job." re: worrying about re-election instead of just being a good pres in the current term, regardless of how the next election goes.

I don't think it's without merit, either - you get elected to a 4 year term and a year in you have to start looking at how to stay there instead of just focusing on it.

This is the most true answer.

We can neither coldly turn everyone away, nor blindly allow everyone in. Only by improving the quality of living within these war-torn, crime-riddled nations can we hope to find a sustainable solution.

Kumquat

There's a line in The American President where he says "I was so busy trying to keep my job, that I forgot to do my job." re: worrying about re-election instead of just being a good pres in the current term, regardless of how the next election goes.

I don't think it's without merit, either - you get elected to a 4 year term and a year in you have to start looking at how to stay there instead of just focusing on it.

Exactly. In their second term they can really get things done that, while they may not be the most popular, will be lasting good changes. I have always said you can see what a sitting President really thinks is important in their second term.

I'm Irish and live in Ireland but why can't that man be president of America forever you Americans had it so good

Republicans.

One of our more progressive Presidents, F.D.R., served 4 terms and the Republican party didn't like that one bit, so they proposed an Amendment (22nd) to the Constitution limiting it to two years. Most people agree that it was their way to invalidate the Democrat's legacy at the time.

"No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once."

60390506.jpg

I legit think the GOP is basically in this weird Smeagol/Gollum peridiem. They have this evil part in them that keeps trying to reason with the weak side of them.

Top Bottom